Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get it. Why not let Cesaro get the win then get some hope spots in against Roman and fall just short? Whats the point in Bryan winning and then losing in 30 seconds? Just to get Roman more heat because he devoured Bryan in such a short time? What a freaking letdown.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was fucking great. Cesaro and Bryan came out of it looking like stars.
Really? He got beat by Jey Uso off a splash that Bryan then KICKED from after Bryan had spent the entire match getting his ass kicked.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,660 Posts
As a chamber match, I thought that it was excellent. All the work in it was great, Bryan/Cesaro going at it multiple times throughout is always fun to watch, Owens/Jey was a great angle that can maybe lead to a match, Zayn being chickenshit was great and even Corbin got to throw guys around.

As an angle, I was surprised when they did what they did, and the match was great for how utterly short it was, but yeah I was disappointed it wasn't later so they could do maybe a short 5-10 min thing with Cesaro or Bryan playing great underdogs. But I guess they wanted to get more heat on Reigns it seems, although he really didn't need it.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
I kinda agree.

Like, Cesaro is the guy you've been building. Why not have him go the distance and win, get a 1 or 2 hope spot on Roman (like Bryan did), then Roman puts him down. And then, whether on SD or a show after Mania, build to Roman vs. Cesaro as a title match.

To be fair, you can do the same with Bryan now. But I'd rather them do that with Cesaro at this point.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
The whole thing was just about giving Edge a moment and promote the WM mania match. When Roman came out right after the EC chamber match, the whole thing turned into a joke! I really feel sorry for the guys, who worked their asses of in that match.
I really had liked to see Cesaro or Bryan vs. Roman one hour later ... but noooo. :(

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,299 Posts
I'm just ready for a new Universal Champion at this point :p

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,920 Posts
I kinda agree.

Like, Cesaro is the guy you've been building. Why not have him go the distance and win, get a 1 or 2 hope spot on Roman (like Bryan did), then Roman puts him down. And then, whether on SD or a show after Mania, build to Roman vs. Cesaro as a title match.

To be fair, you can do the same with Bryan now. But I'd rather them do that with Cesaro at this point.
Reigns vs Cesaro isn't a money match, you're not gonna get much out of that, hence why we're getting Edge, because he's the biggest available opponent for Reigns.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
Reigns vs Cesaro isn't a money match, you're not gonna get much out of that, hence why we're getting Edge, because he's the biggest available opponent for Reigns.
Didn't say it was a money match (not that such a thing exists in wrestling today). Just said that if you're gonna do that kind of finish, do it with Cesaro over Bryan. I am well aware neither were getting the Mania match, or even beating Roman.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,607 Posts
I went into it hoping Cesaro would get the win, but seeing how it was just about using a babyface for the heel Roman to pick the bones before Edge took him out, Bryan was the right choice. He's Teflon, so he can absorb the loss and all it does is just make for more babyface sympathy for him. If Cesaro was in that exact same spot, they'd be starting from square one with him all over again.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I’m satisfied. It was short but Bryan got to face Roman and lost. But at least we got the interaction. All I wanted

·
Registered
62 Posts
I knew Roman was gonna come out right away. I like when wwe is logical for once.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I'm just ready for a new Universal Champion at this point :p
God, same.

Thing is, does Roman's current character work in the slightest when he doesn't have the Universal Championship? That's his prop to claim to be the 'head of the table' so if he loses that he's just some dude on the roster and it's hard to claim you're king shit of fuck mountain if you're just some guy among many.

Especially since Rollins does the egotistical delusional prick routine so much better than Reigns.

·
Registered
514 Posts
We've been seeing seeds of a roman vs dbry feud for awhile. My hope is some form of long form booking. Like if Jimmy finally comes back..

We've seen seeds of it, From Jey wrecking his crap... to some other things. THink there's a lot of heat with a Dbry v Roman feud. THere is some real heat to it... "I had to work day in and day out, put my body on the line to be where I am and you've been gifted everything"/"you were just gifted everything because of your namesake"

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cesaro was never winning against Roman so why waste the storyline they have built about him never getting an opportunity for the title on a cheap loss. If/when it happens save it for a time he can either win the title or put on a hell of a show.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts