Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
This during the time when the WWF was trying to put HHH over as if he deserved to be a WWF Champion since fans weren't believing him and since the Rock was the hottest commodity in wrestling, they had Shawn play neutral and then superkick him. Of course he ducked appearing on Raw and Smackdown afterwards and the Rock just buried him on the mic while continuing to get standing ovations like nothing ever happened anyway.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This during the time when the WWF was trying to put HHH over as if he deserved to be a WWF Champion since fans weren't believing him and since the Rock was the hottest commodity in wrestling, they had Shawn play neutral and then superkick him. Of course he ducked appearing on Raw and Smackdown afterwards and the Rock just buried him on the mic while continuing to get standing ovations like nothing ever happened anyway.
Yeah I was wondering why the whole thing was just dropped right after it happen. I remember watching Heat and them hyping a response from HBK on that weeks Raw about why he did it and that never happen.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Yeah I was wondering why the whole thing was just dropped right after it happen. I remember watching Heat and them hyping a response from HBK on that weeks Raw about why he did it and that never happen.
He couldn't really respond because the Rock was burying people left and right on the mic without even trying. It was wise to keep him off of television until the Judgement Day comedy.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Because Triple H was a heel and Shawn Michaels is Triple H's friend.
Basically this.

A better question would be "Why didn't Michaels appear again until Judgement Day 2000?" I guess he either didn't get his smile back yet or he had other commitment at the time.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-uRKT0mXU in this segment Shawn Michaels do a shoot "Austin steal a spotlight from me and The Rock steal spotlight from hunter"...pretty much true how they feel and Shawn is a real jackass refuse to drop the belt, push HHH to main event and buried the rock back then. there's a heat between Rock-HHH/Shawn and i can understand why he doesn't want to return WWE because of backstage politics

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
He said how the rock "tries" to steal it from hunter, if it weren't for the rock austin and foley hunter would still be a nobody.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I heard they didn't know if Shawn was about to return in the ring, so they did this so that they could start a feud with The Rock, though I doubt it's true.

It's probably just because it was the Attitude Era, it was Smackdown's debut as a regular show, and they needed some big match to sell it, and Rock vs HHH with HBK as ref was the best option. They just added the turn from HBK because they needed HHH to retain without making The Rock look bad.

It's not like it mattered, HBK didn't nearly apear for a year on TV...

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Basically this.

A better question would be "Why didn't Michaels appear again until Judgement Day 2000?" I guess he either didn't get his smile back yet or he had other commitment at the time.
Well he was retired by this time. He retired in WM 14 and was only making random appearances until he returned in 2002.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Basically this.

Well, on the Raw before Judgment Day where he returns - he talks about how he's been busy with his wrestling school and his own promotion in Texas and his new wife. I guess that was legitimately the reason he stopped his Commissioner role.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
During this time period, HBK was a real flake. He kept teasing returns and never made them. There probably was a storyline but it's hard to flesh out an HHH/HBK storyline if HBK doesn't stick around.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
My guess is they planned to use him as the onscreen manager of Triple H,who actually wasn't truly over in August 1999.However,he was taking 30 pills every day at that time,which no doubt made him a nightmare to work with and was possibly the reason for his sporadic appearances.His wife being pregnant and Vince Russo booking a heel turn every week are other reasons.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Shawn was really fucked up on drugs during that time plus like Geee said, he was an even bigger flake.
There were times where I completely forgot that he was still commissioner.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
FACES ARE SUPPOSED to get BURIED BY HEEL ANYWAY.EVEN some-one like Jake "the snake" & Roddy Piper were the heels(WHO ARE MILES AHEAD OF THE ROCK IN TERMS OF MIC SKILLS) they would get buried anyway.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
During this time period, HBK was a real flake. He kept teasing returns and never made them. There probably was a storyline but it's hard to flesh out an HHH/HBK storyline if HBK doesn't stick around.
They kept having him pop up so he could get a paycheck because he didn't have Goldberg or Sting-like money where he could just stay away for good. He popped up during the "Who ran Stone Cold" storyline in the fall of 2000 just to do a promo and point the finger in the Rock's direction. It was like a rib to have him come out and try to bury the Rock as much as he could while putting over Austin and HHH.

FACES ARE SUPPOSED to get BURIED BY HEEL ANYWAY.EVEN some-one like Jake "the snake" & Roddy Piper were the heels(WHO ARE MILES AHEAD OF THE ROCK IN TERMS OF MIC SKILLS) they would get buried anyway.
That makes no sense. HHH nor Michaels are draws. Roddy Piper and Jake would get murdered on the mic by the Rock and everyone who has any fragment of common sense knows it. The Rock ended careers when he felt like it.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
HBK as commissioner was great, acting both as a heel and a face.

Anyone remember IYH:Rock Bottom, where JJ beat Goldust in a striptease match, and HBK came out to tell JJ he'd been disqualified for using the guitar and Debra had to striptease? The way he sold the striptease was absolutely brilliant, I only have to think about it for it to make me laugh.

But yeah, then the New Age Outlaws had a Tag team match against Big Boss Man and Shamrock (w/Michaels), and he kept on acting like a heel, was great how he went from face to heel in about the space of 10 minutes, my point is he's always been great at playing both.

Back on topic, it's simple really, HHH was his friend, he wanted to help and did. Whether or not the WWF had a feud lined up that didn't come to fruition, I guess we'll never know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts