Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were established as legitimate main event heels, involved in the main storyline with matches with rock/cena AND triple h/punk.. So what was the pay-off for splitting them up? Miz going over on an episode of Raw? Not even a PPV? Truth who was once the most entertaining heel on the roster is now a dull mid-card baby face, and well Miz has just disappeared from the main event scene..

So was it a mistake to split them up? Or was it something they had to do?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
It was a mistake.Im still mad over this.I guess they were just created to job to Rock/Cena.Still do not believe rumors that they were split due to Truth's violation.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Honestly I think Miz & Truth would've broken up anyway regardless. Their entire motivation was that they were tired of being left out of the spotlight. With TLC, The Royal Rumble, and the Elimination Chamber, they would've ended up having tension over individual desires for the WWE Championship, and imploded.

TLC would've been Miz vs. Truth vs. Punk, with them arguing over which one of them will get the title and Punk taking advantage and pushing them off the ladder (through two tables)

The Royal Rumble would've featured Miz, Riley, and Truth as #1, #2, & #3 just as we saw, but instead, Awesome Truth would single out Riley and gang up on him for a large chunk of the match. Either Miz or R-Truth would accidentally eliminate the other, allowing Riley to capitalize and toss the remaining member for a huge pop (before getting eliminated by maybe Ziggler or Rhodes for mega douche heel heat).

And finally both men would've ended up in the Elimination Chamber, and one of them would've turned on the other by eliminating him.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
They had one of the dullest feuds ever back in late December-through-January.

Fucking Evan Bourne fucked everything up, that little fucker.

'Course, I agree with TempestH. The team was never going to last beyond mid-January at the latest anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if they hadn't split up I would've never been able to get my Little Jimmy shirt :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tag team- spliting and pay offs are two things that just don't mesh in 2012 WWE. There technically was no pay off. They feuded for like 3 weeks and just like that it was over

Whats more surprising is Truth technically won that feud with all the times he got the upper hand on Miz

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nothing, just like how they split up every other tag team. I'm still pissed they split up Cryme Tyme, they were always fun to watch.

·
Registered
689 Posts
A pointless mid-card feud.

I always knew Truth would fall back into obscurity, but Miz is too good for that. He will be back in the main event scene soon enough.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
There breakup has actually surprised people in the sense that Miz actually took a hit from it while Rtruth actually maintained or even enhanced as a performer. I loved Rtruth as a heel due to his ability to work the crowd but I think he pulls off a decent babyface as well. He's also sold merchandise with his little Jimmy shirts and kids all over seem to like him. Now the Miz on the other hand went into the complete opposite direction. He jobbed out to Rtruth in a god awful feud shortly after and we all know about his huge losing streak. Miz was actually semi interesting with Awesome Truth but now WWE has totally destroyed his character because they allowed it to get stale.

I'm hoping to see a big turn around from Miz with another huge heel run. He's just a natural heel while Rtruth had that dimension of having a connection with the young fans due to his 'little Jimmy' thing. So I believe it was the correct decision to have Miz stay heel turning on Rtruth while Rtruth gets a babyface run. They just weren't able to capitalize on Miz at all. I don't even really think they have done a good job with Rtruth either when taking a look at it. Sticking him in a tag team with Kofi Kingston absolutely made zero sense. Rtruth is over with the crowd and sold merchandise because of his own ability and less of what WWE actually did for him.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
What's the pay off for anything WWE does anymore? They build things up only to completely throw them away at the last minute and nothing ever comes of it.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
0. just a way to stop truths momentum, and make miz have more. it was obvious truth was the more talented and over guy.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
There really wasnt one. I think Vince intended to turn Truth face so that he could sell those god awful lil jimmy shirts and they needed a cover up for Truth getting suspended. Either way they were an awful simply because they were just thrown together because The Miz started floundering after he lost the WWE title and their booking was just horrid and they had zero momentum going into Survivor Series. Their feud was that much worse. Individually both Miz and Truth suffered as Truth basically headed back to his old babyface character in terms of his in ring booking and The Miz was jobbing left, right and centre.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The reasons have already been covered nicely (suspension, merch, etc.) but I'd also like to say that the Miz-Truth feud they did upon Truth's return was absolutely terrible. Never make them feud again WWE.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts