Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you feel was the best tournament in WWE history?

You can choose any tournament. WM 4, Survivor Series 98, any King of the Ring, any tournament to challenge for a World Title at WrestleMania, the Brawl For All etc.

It could have taken place over a few weeks or all in one night.

·
Registered
667 Posts
WM 4, Deadly Games aka Survivor Series '98, Road to WrestleMania 2005, Gold Rush 2005.

Not the greatest of all time, but those were some pretty entertaining to say the least.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I go with Survivor Series 1990 where Hogan and Warrior won the grand final match

·
Banned
86 Posts
WrestleMania 4 and aside from the Butterbean fight, Brawl For All. There were some pretty good fights but when Bart Gunn was knocked out just like that made it seem way too staged.

·
Registered
997 Posts
King of the Ring 93. It was like a biography of Bret Hart and showed why he was such a good wrestler. Always thought the semi-final match with Mr. Perfect was criminally underated.

I thought the final of the European Title tournament with British Bulldog vs Owen Hart was excellent, although I don't remember anything else about the tournament except the production values were incredibly shit.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
King of The Ring 93 was fantastic. As important as the King of the Ring was back then, it was strange in that the achievement actually held more importance in reality than it did in terms of Kayfabe. As mentioned, it was a real highlight reel of Bret Hart, and it really did feel like the whole show was constructed around him. The title match was between Hogan and Yoko, but Bret opened the show, had the Match of the Night, and then closed the show. It was all about him and it was great. The extra meaning behind him stepping out from under Hogan's shadow was also great, and great redemption for what happened at Wrestlemania 9.

·
Registered
849 Posts
King of The ring 1993! Bret Hart puts on one of the greatest one night performances ever, maybe the greatest. 3 SUPERB matches. Excellent opener with Hall, 5 star with Perfect, and then finishes with the best match of Bam Bams career. He showed that night why he was that damn good.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Survivor Series 1998
WrestleMania 4
King of the Ring 1996 :austin

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
WrestleMania 4- Hogan, Andre, Savage, and Dibiase in the same tournament id tough to beat. You got the Hulk/Andre rematch, Dibiase getting the bye and wrestling Savage in the finals after Savage had wrestled 4 matches to Dibiase's 3. Andre at ringside stacking the odds even further and the surprise Hogan appearance. This topped off by one of my favorite WM moments of Elizabeth's shoulder at the end.

·
Super Moderator
25,979 Posts
Survivor Series '98. With King of the Ring gone, they should bring back the Deadly Games tournament.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I liked Wrestlemania IV the most, even though I didn't watch the WWF that early.

King of the Ring was a B-Grade tournament most of the time and this one felt more special.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts