Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
i was 12 and was never a fan of him, so it was a shock at first yeah but after a week/few weeks im like “yeah whatever” him and bryan are up there with “bland” and “boring” with the exception of benoit being a much better wrestler, that’s it.

but fuck that child murdering twat. got the whole mcmahon storyline cancelled which at the time for me was at the edge of my seat.

but it definitely was a weird period at the time, cause my dad died a year before that and i had a whole bunch of stray cats that would come to my house just dying, and i think my house was cursed with bad luck cause it was haunted.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Went from disappointment that the match was changed suddenly on the PPV to sadness, RIP when his death was made known to WTF! F this guy when it was revealed it was a murder-suicide.

Of course there were, and still are pricks that insist Benoit didn't kill anyone. Horrible to discuss the incident with those people. And usually, these people have the worst takes on wrestling.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Due to the fact that Eddie died less than 2 year earlier and due to the fact that I stopped watching wrestling in 2006 (I would then start watching again around 2014), it didn't impact me that much. But I remember the atmosphere was sad and cold

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I remember watching Night of Champions not sure what specific year it was but they said that Benoit was replaced due to a "family emergency" and John Morrison took his place in some match. Then the night after the news broke out, they even tried to do a tribute to Benoit until they found out what happened. It was a pretty awful time and very shocking. Eddie also had died a bit prior so yeah it sucked.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
To be such as a big fan as I was as a teenager, I didn't even know that happened, I am not sure why, probably wasn't watching during that period of time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
^Vince worked rather quickly to wipe Chris off the face the wrestling map. He's basically only found in old old youtube videos.

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
The phrase "emotional roller coaster" comes to mind.

Shock, grief, more shock, anger, confusion, denial. It was a whirlwind of every type of the worst kinds of emotions.

I think I've blocked a lot of it out. Aside from a handful of very specific moments it's hard to remember a lot of what happened in the weeks afterward.

Even however many years later there's no real solace. Knowledge of CTE has advanced immeasurably, but I doubt that provides any true relief or comfort to the families.

I hope the family and friends have somehow found solace, I'm not sure if I ever could.

The Benoit situation is when I first found out how awful Nancy Grace was. She was just terrible in her coverage of it.
The English dictionary lacks the words to describe how despicable Nancy Grace is. She's a truly disgusting human being, if she can even be considered human.

·
Registered
22,234 Posts
The phrase "emotional roller coaster" comes to mind.

Shock, grief, more shock, anger, confusion, denial. It was a whirlwind of every type of the worst kinds of emotions.

I think I've blocked a lot of it out. Aside from a handful of very specific moments it's hard to remember a lot of what happened in the weeks afterward.

Even however many years later there's no real solace. Knowledge of CTE has advanced immeasurably, but I doubt that provides any true relief or comfort to the families.

I hope the family and friends have somehow found solace, I'm not sure if I ever could.

The English dictionary lacks the words to describe how despicable Nancy Grace is. She's a truly disgusting human being, if she can even be considered human.
She really is awful, that's when I learned the media gave no fucks about presenting wrestling news right. It was just straight up attacks with little correct info.

Then the Casey Anthony case just confirmed it.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts