Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Hall was fired from WWE but NWO added Big Show and Shawn Michaels as new members. It was also inviting Triple H to join the org and waiting on a response. Then Nash's injury came and the whole NWO storyline got canceled.

I can't help but wonder how the story would go on if it didn't happen. We'd probably still have a Shawn vs. Triple H feud at some point eventually but probably at a later date.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Rumour was that it was going to become a Kliq type group. H, Michaels, Nash, X-Pac but then Nash got hurt and they pulled the plug.

They teased this at KOTR 02.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
It all worked out for the best, Nash's injury aside, the nWo was an exhausted concept at that point...

That being said I'm inclined to agree with @jpickens. If history shows us anything, it's that one way or the other Vince would have buried them.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Would've had a "WWE gets the last laugh" conclusion for sure.
That sort of behavior always has baffled me. They got the "last laugh" when they bought WCW. Their "victory lap" should have been monetizing the purchase and doing better with it than the original Turner Creative Team, not devaluing it on television and wasting their money. To use an extreme example, it would be like bringing Ric Flair in during his initial offer in 1988 under a five year, large money, guaranteed contract and turning him into an enhancement talent for WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That sort of behavior always has baffled me. They got the "last laugh" when they bought WCW. Their "victory lap" should have been monetizing the purchase and doing better with it than the original Turner Creative Team, not devaluing it on television and wasting their money. To use an extreme example, it would be like bringing Ric Flair in during his initial offer in 1988 under a five year, large money, guaranteed contract and turning him into an enhancement talent for WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.
I don't believe that was the case.. nWo was actually suppose to look very strong at Wrestlemania 18 (Hall was going over Austin, Rock was gonna go over Hogan however the trio would jump him during his celebration and destroy him). It was the combination of Hogan getting face pops and them showing up drunk at Wrestlemania Weekend (or fan axxess or whatever) that put the brakes to that booking. It is IMO, that the higher ups in the WWF at the time wanted to send a message to the Kliq that they no longer have free reign in running amok within the company similarily to what they did in 95 and 96. WWF had no more competition at the time, were a public company, and controlled all the contracts, so they wanted to spread out a clear memo that only one side within the company has the power now and wrestlers need to fall in line.
The grudge wasn't about them going to WCW, it's that the way they ran shit in the WWF during the mid 90s..

·
Read Only
147 Posts
Sting lost a 2015 WrestleMania match to Triple H. Hour later Triple H was wearing a suit in the ring doing a promo. Vince McMahon insists on "WWE is the best ever and won history".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts