Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know WWE probably sometimes feels like they can't win
If they do this, people complain
If they do that, people complain
I mean I want to ask, what happened to the usual Taker return things
The Hauntings, The Gongs at random times, the Blackouts
I still enjoy that lol and it made his return seem massively anticlimatic and severely underwelming

But I will then, answer my own question and see If you all agree

-For one, WWE didn't do the usual Taker Hauntings before he returned because that's what they always do and maybe they wanted to switch it up.

-Also Taker was supposed to be in the Vegetative state so him just showing up, makes his return way more real, surprising, and shocking.

-It would kind of stupid if he did the hints of his return, when he isn't even supposed to be back at all, storyline wise.

Plus I think the anticlimatic return, shows that the effects of the Vegetative state still linger and that Kane has the upper hand, which was also nice to see for a change, even though inevitably Taker will go over Kane.

·
Yee
1,850 Posts
I know WWE probably sometimes feels like they can't win
If they do this, people complain
If they do that, people complain
I mean I want to ask, what happened to the usual Taker return things
The Hauntings, The Gongs at random times, the Blackouts
I still enjoy that lol and it made his return seem massively anticlimatic and severely underwelming

But I will then, answer my own question and see If you all agree

-For one, WWE didn't do the usual Taker Hauntings before he returned because that's what they always do and maybe they wanted to switch it up.

-Also Taker was supposed to be in the Vegetative state so him just showing up, makes his return way more real, surprising, and shocking.

-It would kind of stupid if he did the hints of his return, when he isn't even supposed to be back at all, storyline wise.

Plus I think the anticlimatic return, shows that the effects of the Vegetative state still linger and that Kane has the upper hand, which was also nice to see for a change, even though inevitably Taker will go over Kane.
Thats the answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts