Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The out of nowhere finish (like when Orton hits RKO out of nowhere, or when HBK would get that surprise Sweet Chin Music) or the built up finish with taunts or build ups to a finisher (like when john does his moves of doom routine or when HBK would tune up the band, or edges build up to the spear)?

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I like a clean finish. Of those two choices, I think built up can be great if the match is good, but surprise works well almost all of the time.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
ermm i always like when a reversal goes into a finisher if pulled of properly it looks more real.
Yeah this. Like when Cena catches somebody (minus the "Look at the STRENGTH by John Cena!" from Michael Cole) and rolls through and FU's them.

I hate finishers like 619 or Christian's where they look so easy to stop/break out of. I also hate CM Punk's GTS; looks weak as shit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I personally like the ones that come out of nowhere

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yep i agree ate i cannot stand christians finisher it fails maybe2/3 times every match then boom he can turn them around and they just dont push back that time. Oh ye rabbivon like the pic i missed road dogg in liverpool aabout 3 months ago in a club by mine literally 10 mins from my house i didn't even hear about it till the day after i was gutted lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
The surprises of course, because they are surprising. However, if everyone uses surprise finishers all the time, there is nothing surprising about it. Which is why lately I'm more surprised if Randy hits an RKO after his spasmic taunt or Cena hits his FU (refuse to call it AA) after his move sequence, than I am if they do it "out of nowhere".

Out of nowhere is better, as long as they are rare and actually come out of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Anytime a move is reversed into a submission finisher, like a chokeslam into a crossface or super kick into an ankle lock. I hate non-submission finishers I think they all look unrealistic

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I love out of nowhere ones like the Superkick and the RKO. I'm also a big fan of ones that involve you trapping your opponent, giving you the time and opportunity to taunt/mock them and stall a little, like Sara Del Rey's Royal Butterfly.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yeah this. Like when Cena catches somebody (minus the "Look at the STRENGTH by John Cena!" from Michael Cole) and rolls through and FU's them.

I hate finishers like 619 or Christian's where they look so easy to stop/break out of. I also hate CM Punk's GTS; looks weak as shit.
Agree on the 619 but the Killswitch is a great finisher. Difficult to perform finishers make a lot of sense if they guarentee a win, it's worth trying and failing several times when that's the case. I hate the out of nowhere finish that is also devastating because it makes no sense to have a 20 minute match if they could win it in 20 seconds. I would book those finishers to be a little less effective as a rule of thumb so that'd almost certainly be kicked out of if hit early.

·
Registered
545 Posts
well talking kayfabe a finisher like the rko is supposed too be a shock too the system but the kill switch u would be like oh here we go brace for it brace for it lol

·
on the right track
3,702 Posts
Agree on the 619 but the Killswitch is a great finisher. Difficult to perform finishers make a lot of sense if they guarentee a win, it's worth trying and failing several times when that's the case. I hate the out of nowhere finish that is also devastating because it makes no sense to have a 20 minute match if they could win it in 20 seconds. I would book those finishers to be a little less effective as a rule of thumb so that'd almost certainly be kicked out of if hit early.
Think of it like this, RKO is hard to perform early in the match because the opponent is not worn out enough and is still aware. Orton makes it quite clear, as many times in a match he would attempt the RKO and it would be immediately countered, only to connect later in the match when his opponent is unaware.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well honestly i have no preferences move wise. but my favorite type would be agood long well build up match where they exchange power moves at the end then the winne rhits a finisher in a great spot

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
The problem with buildups is they rarely connect, what was so refreshing about vs Heath Slater this RAW was that Orton coiled and then actually did it. Whereas now, if it's anyone that's worth anything, it'll be reversed and a surprise '0mg out of nowhere' will be hit later.

That being said I do prefer the built up ones. I love the theatrics of it all.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Think of it like this, RKO is hard to perform early in the match because the opponent is not worn out enough and is still aware. Orton makes it quite clear, as many times in a match he would attempt the RKO and it would be immediately countered, only to connect later in the match when his opponent is unaware.
If you're talking about the basic RKO then fair enough but the main surprise element is that he can hit it from so many different positions, many of which are passed up during his matches.

A good example of what I meant in the earlier post is Daniel Bryan and his finishers. The Guillotine Choke is the one he can lock in easily whereas the LaBelle Lock requires him to wear down his opponant. For that reason his opponants should be able to get out of the choke even when it's locked in tight whereas the LaBelle Lock should only be avoidable, never breakable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts