Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the present TNA roster there are a few names that are off screen for a long time: the Pope, Douglas Williams, Mark Haskins, Shannon Moore, Kid Kash...

Two questions. First and specially for the Pope and Williams, why are they gone from Impact for so long? and second, how would you use this talents (what kind of gimmick, angle, feud or stable would you put them) or would you just let them go for good?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
First and foremost, I would give them wins. Bring in some local jobbers and let these guys get wins in 2 minutes squashes. Build them up that way and then put them into a storyline because believe it or not, fans respond to guys who win better than guys that loses/or not even on tv at all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
TNA should at least have an idea on what to do with these guys first. Pope should at least be on TV since he seems to be pretty entertaining and over with the crowd.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Simple. Re-shift focus. Put Garrett Bischoff on the backburned. And put Pope in his place. This Hogan/Flair stuff that is BUILT AROUND A GUY WHO LEFT THE COMPANY...put that on the back burner and use that time for Sarita and Douglas Williams. There is enough time on Impact, but TNA needs to use it correctly.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
id like to see doug williams and mark haskins form a team. williams take haskins under his wing kinda team. new british invasion?

pope should be used more too.

another underused guy is aj. hes been stuck in this daniels fued for a year now. can we get something new from him already creative? how do u not use this guy right?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Well they need a few tag teams, a few underused knockouts can be managers and wrestle on the side.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Douglas and Haskins as a tag team could work. The Brits.

I think the Pope / Bully Ray or Pope / Anderson feud could be a fun thing to watch...But the Pope could also use a fresh gimmick...

Shannon Moore for me should just be let go...i can't see any use for him without being Ink inc.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would put wrestling at the forefront of Impact!
WCW in 96 and before that had 10 matches every show.
All the hardcore fans watched it the rating were 3.0.
Then they added a little bit more entertainment and brought in WWE/main stream fans.
While still keeping hardcore fans and giving everyone a chance to prove what they could do.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would put wrestling at the forefront of Impact!
WCW in 96 and before that had 10 matches every show.
All the hardcore fans watched it the rating were 3.0.
Then they added a little bit more entertainment and brought in WWE/main stream fans.
While still keeping hardcore fans and giving everyone a chance to prove what they could do.
So your suggestion is just a bunch of random matches without any sort of build up? you wouldn't educate your audience about who are those guys, why and what for are they fighting? not even why should anyone care about them? Just 8-10 minutes of random generic matches? good luck with that.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
So your suggestion is just a bunch of random matches without any sort of build up? you wouldn't educate your audience about who are those guys, why and what for are they fighting? not even why should anyone care about them? Just 8-10 minutes of random generic matches? good luck with that.
You can't build these guys up without matches either. That's why TNA should bring squash matches with local jobbers back to wrestling. Squash matches are meant to showcase guys wrestling moves,give them victories and prepare them for bigger matches. Fans never get bored by squash matches because they are usually over in 2-3 minutes. I grew up on these matches and I am pretty sure everyone else has too. It's effective

1 - 14 of 14 Posts