Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Honestly, he has tons of talent but he's very bland. People say Triple H is the B+ player, but Orton fills that slot better than anyone ever. He has a great look, a good moveset, lots of charisma in some ways, but never quite reached the apex like other superstars. They've invested so much in him over the last 15 years that he should be one of the greatest of all time, but in reality, he's only that status on paper.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
yeah i agree in that there's not really anything you can do. He's been around for TOO long in the WWE. He's been generally healthy, always around, and has accomplished everything.

Leader of a faction, well.. he's done that already with Legacy. He's been a face, heel, stooge, hero, etc.

If I was running WWE Orton is doing jobs pretty much 90% of the time. You can eventually do a redemption story. OR it's tag team time. Either with another legend or someone young. Keeping this feud with Kofi going is fine, but after he loses this, i mean.. that's it. I dont want to see Orton do anything.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The problem with Randy is that he only delivers when he's motivated to do so. I think the best thapp NFL would be Randy to have opponents he'd want to wrestle and then you see him at his best . Him and Aleister Black would be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
Orton is best used when he isn't on the mic. often and just "RKO Outta nowheres" people, giving zero fucks. He still looks like more of a star than a large chunk of the roster.

His best moments on the mic. in the last few years is when he is deeply engaged in a feud that has some history behind it for him to care more about. He was gold on the mic. vs. AJ Styles and Kofi. Otherwise, any other feud that is involved in is probably not exciting for him at this point late in his career.

Orton isn't a leader for groups and they shouldn't try doing that again. He is a guy that stays solo, unless he wants to get revenge and pretends to be the friend of his enemy like he did with Wyatt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Intergender matchs.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Ask him want he wants to do, and if that is in reason let him do it. If you make him do something he doesn't want to he will just mail it in and enough WWE product has that "mailed in" vibe to it arleady..

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
He's become this "loner" now and can't see anything else for him. Maybe have Shane "hire" him and let Orton hit KO with an RKO just out of the blue during a promo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
For a long time now, Randy Orton has been almost forgotten as a WWE Superstar. He just floats from one meandering storyline to another - sometimes as a face, sometimes as a heel - and he never gets any real momentum going toward another big push. At this rate, he almost seems to have one foot out the door.

What do you think can be done to make Orton really relevant and interesting again?

I think one idea would be to form a "New Evolution" stable with Orton as its leader. It would be a full circle thing for Orton, who started out as the young up and coming star under Triple-H's guidance. Now he can lead his own heel team.

The New Evolution would include Lashley, EC3, Chad Gable/Jason Jordan and Sonya Deville.

What do you think?
Why in the Jimini Jones would Orton want a abysmal jobber like EC3, Maria’s more credible than EC3

Lashley isn’t going play a lackey, Jordan’s retired and I’ve no idea who the other guy is...

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,967 Posts
As others have said, Orton doesn't give a shit anymore. Watch any of his recent matches or read his energy and you can immediately tell. He's just going through the motions. He's probably ready to retire and move on to the next thing in life.

There is nothing else for him to do or prove. The only thing that would motivate him would be a complete reinvention of his character along the same lines as Chris Jericho. At this point though, it'll never happen.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Randy Orton is like in a spot where John Cena is at these days except not as busy as John Cena outside the WWE. Would be funny if he appeared in NXT just to mess with the young upstarts and would challenge them to a match, somewhat akin to what Kurt Angle used to do.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
All these people saying Orton generally doesn't care anymore...I do agree...but I DO think he was invested here against Kofi. I think some of the issue now is that even when he is giving a shit people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And from what I've seen from him during this Kofi angle he *has* tried. Either his style just isn't to your taste or he just isn't good no matter what effort he puts in (depending on where you stand)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Retire. He's had a good, memorable run. Go home and enjoy life knowing all's said & done, or become a WWE producer.

I can think of nothing else he needs to do or anyone to prove to at this point.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Release him to go in other places. He just did all what it was to be done in WWE. I'm sure he would be a big attraction and better competitive wrestler in other promotions.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Go big with him or go home. Everybody takes Orton for granted, particularly with lame storytelling, but we've seen shades of that former greatness with him in his Mania angle with AJ and this feud with Kofi.

I wanna see a rematch one day between he and Lesnar where Randy wants vengeance for being TKO'd in 2016. Do it at Survivor Series this year since all signs are pointing to Brock showing up on the blue brand when it goes to Fox.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
You ask me what do with Randy Orton my only thoughts involve some chloroform and him waking up in a shipping container being sent to China so I never have to see or hear from him ever again.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Give him the title. Heel Orton on top of Smakdown will motivate him to be at his best.

If it doesn't. Then WWE will just have to keep him the way he is in limbo.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
With Brock Lesnar pretty much set in stone to go to SmackDown, the chances of Orton having another title run are very slim if not completely dead yet. And I can't for the life of me see him going to AEW. Might as well just put him in the Hall of Fame already since his career is pretty much over.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts