Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night we find out that AJ is injured and will be out of action for 6 - 8 weeks, my question is what do you think they will do with AJ??

I am wondering if Eric Bischoff fires AJ on impact this week and that will give him time off he needs to rest and when he comes back he may return as a face.

or maybe AJ might become jealous of abyss holding his title.

Your thoughts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
have him in backstage segments as a tweener and him turn on fourtune or viceversa within a few months of his return

·
Registered
426 Posts
Most injuries have an interesting storyline to make up for the time off.
Being fired, or destroyed by a wrestler or quitting. Something will be good. And it'll build up hype. AJ gone for two months of TV will build some good momentum if he comes back to save the day.

Boom

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking forward to the spoilers tonight, I am intrigued in seeing how they will deal with AJ.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
So last night we find out that AJ is injured and will be out of action for 6 - 8 weeks, my question is what do you think they will do with AJ??

I am wondering if Eric Bischoff fires AJ on impact this week and that will give him time off he needs to rest and when he comes back he may return as a face.

or maybe AJ might become jealous of abyss holding his title.

Your thoughts
I personally think its a good thing if AJ is sidelined.

The dude has been wrestling it seems for 10 years straight. I'm sure he needs SOME type of time off whether it be because of an injury or not. Not only that but I think his persona and just the dude overall needs a revamp. He needs to turn back face and this is a good way to do it(he could mention how thinking about himself was a bad mistake and siding with Flair did nothing for him but get him sidelined.)

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,809 Posts
Bischoff will force him to wrestle while being injured, Flair will stick up for him just like he did at Genesis, and I think eventually Fortune will all turn on Immortal.

We may think otherwise, but Fortune are natural faces. Everybody loves Flair and AJ. Beer Money get massive pops and even things like their "BEER! MONEY!" chant are charismatic and get the crowd going. Kaz's moveset is completely face-driven. Natural faces, all of them.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
What I'd do is have him help out Anderson retain his title when he faces off against someone from Immortal. Say Anderson vs idk Jarrett(not using him but as an example) , Immortal does run ins attacking Anderson while the ref is out. AJ comes down as a sort of feint that he's going to hit Anderson then hits Jarrett helping Anderson to win the title and leaving immortal turning himface.Its a typical turn but it will work , AJ is great as a babyface he looks more the part imo

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think he needs to be out longer than 6 to 8 weeks, he needs to be rested for 4 to 6 months, to have a good rest and his come back would mean more then I mean really 6 weeks goes by in a flash you would hardly notice hes gone what would he miss 1 PPV 2 at the most,and he should come back as a face, I have to agree its more natural for him and the way he wrestles.

·
Registered
588 Posts
He really should be out for 3 months & when he comes back he is back to his old self like 2 yrs ago

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,761 Posts
I like the idea of AJ being 'fired' and then returning as a babyface.
That would be good. For Styles to come back, have Immortal beat the shit out of Anderson in the ring, the lights go out, -snare hit... GET READY TO FLY!-, full of win.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the idea of Aj being fired and coming back. Dixie should get Aj, Daniels (fallen angel gimmick), and Joe to team up and take out Immortal.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I don't like Abyss but him taking AJ's spot for the Television Title made sense, AND due to the logical fact that Jeff is no longer World Champ and Anderson now is, AJ can take his rightful place as the #1 guy of Immortal/Fortune.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts