Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so everyone saw TNA Impact on January 4th 2010.. Hulk Hogan made his long awaited debut and it was a good show. TNA Advertised the hell out of that show and they delivered. TNA needs to continue to advertise like that. Especially big moments like that.

TNA needs to be Total Nonstop Action. We just heard that WWE doesnt want to be referred to as Wrestling, so TNA needs to capitalize on that and be TNA Wrestling.

We just saw TNA tapings from North Carolina, I for one think TNA needs to keep going on the road. I understand we are in a bad economy, but the amount of money that they put out for signings such as kevin nash and other former WCW/ECW/WWE talent they should be using for aspects such as going on the road even if its not live.. They should cost cut and let go of some talent who are not used. Mick Foley, Orlando Jordan, Tommy Dreamer, Scott Steiner and Team 3D they all are cost cutting measures in my book They add absolutley nothing to TNA anymore, I get they are household names, but i dont see what they add. Again this is my opinion.

I think TNA should get rid of the TNA Knockouts Tagteam Titles because they are just unnecessary and they take away from the knockouts division in which they need to focus on more.

I also heard TNA wants to add to the X-division and rebuild it. I think thats great and there is definatley enough guys to do it and they should hire more guys who can participate and add to the division

TNA needs to stop switching the title to different people.. Keep it on one deserving person and give it some prestige.

Stop all the gimmick matches.. Steel Asylum match is dumb IMO. Stop showcasing the ultimate x all the time it should be a special occasion

TNA need to also not make stupid mistakes as to letting Jeff Hardy compete when they knew that he couldn't. They embarrassed themselves and Jeff hardy as well as Jeff embarrassing himself.

They Need to stop mentioning WWE all the time and focus on TNA. WWE is getting high ratings, WWE isn't mentioning TNA, they don't acknowledge TNA in the slightest. TNA needs to acknowledge themselves as the best professional wrestling company. ROH (Ring Of Honor) Know they are the best wrestling on the planet and they don't acknowledge TNA or WWE.

I think TNA need to put reaction on there website I thought it was a great show and it was different. I also liked TNA Epics.

Where's Desmond Wolfe?
Why is Pope healing people?
What happened to the unstoppable Samoa Joe?
What Happened to the Top Ten Ranking System?

I know it seems like I'm just complaining about TNA and I am at the moment, But I praise them when they do good and like I said this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah man If you just go back and think of all the stuff that has went down since jan forth its crazy I am also awaiting for wolfe to return DX

·
Registered
361 Posts
TNA seemingly suffers from a distinct lack of continuity. Everything feels frantic and chaotic. Its good to change your product up every now and then but do it too much and it loses its identity.

From the constant face/heel turns, wrestlers showing up and leaving after three months, different champions and "changes in power" it just feels chaotic.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If January 4th proved anything, it's that you can easily get people to sample your show, but retaining them and turning them into customers is another thing completely. In that regard, January 4th didn't deliver in the slightest.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I agree that TNA definitely needs to focus on the Wrestling aspect that WWE fails to do. They can achieve that through the X Division and their Tag Team Division. It would be in TNA's best interest to shake up their company as well by creating new tag teams and having the industry's top stars wrestle for the X Belt (RVD, AJ Styles, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Joe).

While on the road, TNA would be wise to throw money into their advertisements while offering very reasonable ticket prices for all events ($15-$75). TNA could also benefit from making their PPV broadcasts cheaper than their competitors (both WWE and UFC). If TNA was able to drop their PPV prices to $15.99 - $19.99, more people would see value in purchasing the product as opposed to the WWE $30.00 - $40.00 PPVs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know why you think they need to get rid of Team 3D. They're a big part of happenings at the moment, especially Bubba, whom I think is doing really well as Immortal's main guy.

Why should they get rid of the womens tag championship? If there was a bit more wrestling or a second show per week, it could all fit it.

I personally would start afresh with the knockouts division. I would get rid of any wrestler who is there based on looks rather than ability, such as The Beautiful People. Only serious wrestlers with either good technical ability or decent ability but great match working. I'd make the wrestling generally more serious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I said get rid of Team 3D because they add nothing to TNA in my opinion. I thought they shoulda went back to WWE maybe be inducted into Hall of fame or something, but I dont think they should be on TNA TV. Maybe put them as agents or use them for there Team 3D academy to bring in new faces.

Also having too many titles looses credibility and theres what 2 or 3 TNA Knockout tag teams. BTW the beautiful people are looks and ability. they are the few women who can do both. Again my opinion

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Ok so everyone saw TNA Impact on January 4th 2010.. Hulk Hogan made his long awaited debut and it was a good show. TNA Advertised the hell out of that show and they delivered. TNA needs to continue to advertise like that. Especially big moments like that.

TNA needs to be Total Nonstop Action. We just heard that WWE doesnt want to be referred to as Wrestling, so TNA needs to capitalize on that and be TNA Wrestling.

We just saw TNA tapings from North Carolina, I for one think TNA needs to keep going on the road. I understand we are in a bad economy, but the amount of money that they put out for signings such as kevin nash and other former WCW/ECW/WWE talent they should be using for aspects such as going on the road even if its not live.. They should cost cut and let go of some talent who are not used. Mick Foley, Orlando Jordan, Tommy Dreamer, Scott Steiner and Team 3D they all are cost cutting measures in my book They add absolutley nothing to TNA anymore, I get they are household names, but i dont see what they add. Again this is my opinion.

I think TNA should get rid of the TNA Knockouts Tagteam Titles because they are just unnecessary and they take away from the knockouts division in which they need to focus on more.

I also heard TNA wants to add to the X-division and rebuild it. I think thats great and there is definatley enough guys to do it and they should hire more guys who can participate and add to the division

TNA needs to stop switching the title to different people.. Keep it on one deserving person and give it some prestige.

Stop all the gimmick matches.. Steel Asylum match is dumb IMO. Stop showcasing the ultimate x all the time it should be a special occasion

TNA need to also not make stupid mistakes as to letting Jeff Hardy compete when they knew that he couldn't. They embarrassed themselves and Jeff hardy as well as Jeff embarrassing himself.

They Need to stop mentioning WWE all the time and focus on TNA. WWE is getting high ratings, WWE isn't mentioning TNA, they don't acknowledge TNA in the slightest. TNA needs to acknowledge themselves as the best professional wrestling company. ROH (Ring Of Honor) Know they are the best wrestling on the planet and they don't acknowledge TNA or WWE.

I think TNA need to put reaction on there website I thought it was a great show and it was different. I also liked TNA Epics.

Where's Desmond Wolfe?
Why is Pope healing people?
What happened to the unstoppable Samoa Joe?
What Happened to the Top Ten Ranking System?

I know it seems like I'm just complaining about TNA and I am at the moment, But I praise them when they do good and like I said this is just my opinion.
He's injured at the moment...

·
Registered
4,705 Posts

You clearly have no idea how much advertising costs.

Couldnt hurt to have Wrestling in there name. Lets people who have never heard of them know what they are. But at the same time they would still be referred to as TNA when in conversation etc..

They should be on the road but costs could be too much. It will come to a time where they need to take a risk or just GTFO though. The reason they have people like Steiner and Team 3D is because people like what they are familiar with. You see a poster with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, D'Angelo Dinero on it. You look at it and think who the fuck. You see Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair you think, man i was wondering what they were u to ill check it out.

Or add more knockouts. They dont currently have enough talent to justify two divisions.

Or just take it back to what it used to be instead of a glorified cruiserweight division. Then they dont need to hire anyone else.

Untill the Jeff Hardy fuck ups the TNA Title had only ever once been held for less than 60 days. They do need to return to this but i do understand taking the belt off Anderson because he sucks and then off Hardy. Sting needs a long reign to recredify it though.

Nothing wrong with the steel asylum just make sure the guy you choose to win it can actually climb out of the cage before you decide he will win.

Would have been just as embarrassing if they changed the main event DURING the show

TNA has been mentioned on WWE television 6 times in the last year. But its a fair oint and i agree.

Wasn't much of a fan of reaction but it should still be on the site for those that did like it. TNA epics just ran out material not alot you can do when you only have 9 years of history.

Where's Desmond Wolfe? Extremly ill
Why is Pope healing people? He's decided he is now the 2nd coming of Jesus. Which is weird because there wasn't a Pope when Jesus was alive.
What happened to the unstoppable Samoa Joe? He let himself get fat and sloppy and now management doesnt like him for being lazy.
What Happened to the Top Ten Ranking System? The wrong guy got voted in by the internet.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion at least you expressed it as an opinion and not as 'facts' on what TNA needs to do like alot of this board would have done.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The most negative aspect of TNA is the fact that they just dont deliver. They start a storyline then ditch it, start one then ditch it.

But thats what happens when you have too many wrestlers for the time slot and employ unpredictable talent with personal issues.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I would love them to splitup roster, get another hour from Spike on Wednesday and run a show with all the old veterans(Sting, Hogan, Flair, Foley, ETc;), and then keep iMPACT for all the younger performers. iMPACT would probably still be pulling a 1.25, 1.3 and the other show would probably pull a 1.0, 1.1. Would be a profitable venture for TNA, they still have all the big names and SPIKE would get another show probably pretty cheap as the talent is already signed to TNA.

People that want to relive the past can see there fantasy matchs on the "TNA Legends" show or whatever they dub it, and they can bring people in for 3-4 month runs to relive the past, DDP, Vader, whoever else and stick them on the Legends show.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only way I could see TNA legitimately improving and greatly expanding the company would be for them to wipe the slate clean completely and hire new writers. I don't expect they'll ever do that. They're basically doomed to stay in the same spot until they eventually slip and fall. I expect they'll be around for awhile though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The only way I could see TNA legitimately improving and greatly expanding the company would be for them to wipe the slate clean completely and hire new writers. I don't expect they'll ever do that. They're basically doomed to stay in the same spot until they eventually slip and fall. I expect they'll be around for awhile though.
After reading Op's post I was coming here to basically say this.

The problem is the writing team. Vince Russo is a fucking moron and he ruined WCW and he's ruining TNA. I find it baffling he's kept a job this long and I think TNA management is stupid for keeping him, and I don't feel bad at all for any of them because only morons that don't know what they're doing would hire a bunch of morons that don't know what they're doing as a writing team. and only REALLY big morons would keep them for this long after they have clearly been failing for over a year.

I don't care what your loyalties are, I don't care about the small benefits of having them, the past year and a bit have undoubtedly been a failure for TNA. They haven't grown whatsoever and their PPV numbers are abysmal. They drew more in 2005 when they weren't even on TV than they do now. That's the writers team fault

I'm not even saying 'Bring in Heyman and the world will be better!'. It will take like 6 months of rebuilding this shit company with a new writing team and I don't think TNA have the dedication. It's always the next quick fix that doesn't work, and I think eventually this company will nose dive and be forced to shut down.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
It wouldnt take 6 months at all. Why do you need to spend 6 month building a credible roster when only a million people are watching anyway.

What they need is someone the fans can get into someone the kids can go to school and imitate so they can run into the yard imitating so there friends ask wow that sounds cool whats that from.

If a child goes to his friends and tells them he's the pope and he's here to perform a miracle his friends will probably disown him but if he tells them he's the Hand clapping, foot tapping, pimp slapping, blingin attire, Always on fire pope, that is d'angelo dinero they might get more interested. Like during the attitude Era WWF got over because guys would be doing Road Dogg, or Rock stuff in the yard one guy used to walk around saying 'im not a nuggett' and it just got everyone watching to see where all this stuff was coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TNA has focused far too long on being the little engine that could of pro wrestling. Everyone who jumps over is basically exuding the personality of "see? SOMEONE likes me!" which cheapens the product incredibly. Then with their homegrown talent, who got them recognition in the first place, they build them up really high for an extremely short period....then squash them beyond believability. Character development on the younger guys is insanely weak as well. making AJ styles the overconfident-for-seemingly-no-reason-flippy-guy hasn't helped...what is Kazarian's character? what's unique other than his ability, which Douglas Williams, Ken Anderson, so on and so forth also possess? IMO, TNA needs to host PPV's with main event attractions not revolving around their world title every time. I'd like to see more Tag Team main events on PPVs. the Guns draw money. Even GenMe was drawing more money than a few main event singles superstars before they decided to split them, which is a terrible idea in my view. can you imagine the hype surrounding a Lockdown or Ultimate X three way between MCMG, GenMe, and the Hardys? easy feud to develop, and it would put both Jeff and Matt over while taking some of the spotlight off of Jeff while he's too unreliable to be under it. also...Global Championship? TV Championship? turn it into a Hardcore championship and feed in the EV2.0 guys who are being let go or trampled. RATINGS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.