Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fans that watch as fans. Not smarky ass critics. That will help tna more than anything. Suspend belief for 2 hours a week. And enjoy something for once in your miserable lives.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Is he? I mean couldnt you argue the same thing about any product? Like RAW or Smackdown or hell, even NXT. I mean sure, you shouldnt analyze the hell out of everything, but shouldnt the average viewer have, you know, standards?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is he? I mean couldnt you argue the same thing about any product? Like RAW or Smackdown or hell, even NXT. I mean sure, you shouldnt analyze the hell out of everything, but shouldnt the average viewer have, you know, standards?
Yes. You should have standards. But if people tried watching as a fan, dare I say as a mark(oh no! The m word) in stead of as a Hollywood( see what I did there) critic. We would see more support and less bitching.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
you couldn't be more wrong actually.

i watch as a fan of wrestling, and of good quality entertainment. when i don't see it, i'm obviously not gonna put my hands over my eyes and go NANNY NANNY BOO BOO I CAN'T SEE YOU! LOLOLOLOL. i could watch TNA any way i want it and i'm still gonna laugh cuz its a joke 75% of the time.

what TNA needs the most is some good writing, solid booking, advertising, and people in an executive status that understand that. i can promise you that will help a fuckload better than "mark" fans.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Yes. You should have standards. But if people tried watching as a fan, dare I say as a mark(oh no! The m word) in stead of as a Hollywood( see what I did there) critic. We would see more support and less bitching.
What if you dislike TNA, even as a Mark? I mean i know a couple of people who I've shown to TNA to and couldnt stand it, meanwhile they're regular WWE viewers.

Isnt it possible that people wouldnt watch something because they thinks its just 'bad' and they dont like it?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
TNA has fans that watch as fans. And those fans don't buy their PPV's either.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
less old people, less wwe people, more international wrestlers who are actually used more than 5 times a yr, pay people real wages, less face/heel switches, pay medical bills in full, less spot matches ( i know you want the great wrestlers on all the time, but when they are every match is just a spot fest and the real ppv match isn't as great as we've seen everything they could and can do), better theme music, less branding of each wrestler ( no one needs 50 words to describe theme , 1 nick name thats catchy done), let guys gimmicks not be rehashes of attitude era guys, less titles ( womens tag / tv title), and less talk about the future and more about now ( some of these guys been here for 5 yrs now they're in their 30s. by the time at this rate they are the main total forefront they'll be in their 40s burying the young guys)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I honestly think TNA needs to spend more on advertising. There are quite a few WWE fans that have never even heard of TNA, or other American wrestling promotions, because the WWE doesn't mention or acknowledge them. One day, I turned on the TV which was on Spike and saw wrestlers that I remembered just "disappearing" off of WWE television on the TNA program, and so I wanted to keep watching. Its quite possible I was just in the minority here, but I think TNA's ratings would go up if they could just get themselves into the minds of WWE fans right now, especially those that are currently on the fence from the WWE PG policies.

·
Registered
610 Posts
TNA isn't targeted at kids and the older wrestling viewers are much more aware of the "business",not to mention more critical.Also,suspending belief doesn't make the flaws go away.
No TNA is not aimed at children but it goes so far in the opposite direction to prove this point it detracts from the effect

·
Registered
980 Posts
Amber said it best.

I watch as a fan all the time, but I am not going to turn my head and ignore all the stupid things TNA does.

Being critical about the show isn't when Abyss has the power of the WWE HOF ring. Being critical isn't when Jay Lethal loses the X Division title after a week of winning it, wins it back a week later and then loses it at this past PPV when he had little TV time.

Now if it was something stupid like "how someone won by a pin but should have won by a submission", then I would understand your point and sometimes subjects like that do happen on here, but TNA does do some stupid things.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts