Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this for a while. Nothing like the curtain call incident.

Basically at a PPV that TNA held Sting and Jeff fought and Jeff was drugged up or drunk and Sting forced a pin and win. And Sting was fairly pissed off. So he broke kayfabe to pretty much just win. Whatever reason he did it, he completely broke kayfabe and that was that.

Are there any times like that in the WWE or WCW?
An example from WWE would been the Vader/Shamrock incident. I have absolutely no idea if Vader actually did knock out Shamrock but they were two workers who are known to be stiff and it looked like from a simple test of "who's thougher" that it looked like they were trying to hurt one another.
Or with Holly and Lesnar, when he sandbagged and Lesnar tried to powerbomb him anyway/

I'm not talking about simple stuff when one guy is a bit stiff. I'm talking about legitametly going beyond a bit of stiffness and trying (for whatever reason) to either hurt the other guy or else forcing them like Sting did with Jeff.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There was also Randy Orton blowing up on Kennedy on Raw a couple days before Kennedy got fired. That's probably the most recent one I can remember.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember (mostly cause I only tuned into the PPVs) but by blowing up, do you mean a verbal beating on the mic or in the ring?

·
Banned
914 Posts
When Jeff Jarrett layed down for Hogan at Russo's instructions. Although I'm hearing it was a work.

Owen looking genuinely concerned when he injured Austin's neck. His attempt to troll the crowd when Austin was being tended to looked so forced.

Then there's Taker and Mankind at HIAC. Only Terry Funk outside of Taker and Mankind knew of those suicidal spots. JR genuinely calling for it to end and even Vince himself breaking character.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well no, I didn't mean breaking kayfabe in those ways. But thank you. I meant a sort of "when person A was breaking it and person B didn't want it" sort of thing. Or, if for example, Punk's shoot was actually legit.

But the Owen/Austin one was a great idea of what I was looking for.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Perry Saturn blowing up at Mike Bell on Smackdown springs to mind. Bell kept botching and gave Saturn a concussion, and Saturn proceeded to legit kick the crap out of him.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't remember (mostly cause I only tuned into the PPVs) but by blowing up, do you mean a verbal beating on the mic or in the ring?
Orton just kept swinging his arms around, screaming, calling Kennedy "stupid" after a botched move. It was very obvious, not something you had to stare at the screen closely to see at all. I was wondering what the hell Orton's problem was until news of Kennedy's release was announced a couple days later.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perry Saturn blowing up at Mike Bell on Smackdown springs to mind. Bell kept botching and gave Saturn a concussion, and Saturn proceeded to legit kick the crap out of him.
Damn, I do remember something like that. Scary to think back to it, thanks.

Orton just kept swinging his arms around, screaming, calling Kennedy "stupid" after a botched move. It was very obvious, not something you had to stare at the screen closely to see at all. I was wondering what the hell Orton's problem was until news of Kennedy's release was announced a couple days later.
Haha, I remember hearing about his last match being a bit of a mess alright. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
This thread would be x100 better if the posters would post videos of what they're talking about.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

19.05.1996 @ Madison Square Garden

One of the more talked-about actions involving The Kliq took place on May 19, 1996 at Madison Square Garden. At the time, Hall and Nash were about to leave the WWF for rival WCW and this was their last contractual obligation for the WWF. At a major WWF live event, Levesque (as the villainous Helmsley) wrestled the fan favorite Scott Hall (as Razor Ramon). Later that night, Michaels, then a fan favorite, wrestled Nash (as the heel Diesel) in a steel cage match. Immediately after the match, Scott Hall entered the ring and hugged Michaels, which is not seen as a problem as both were fan favorites at the time. However, Levesque and Nash both joined the hug, despite working their matches as heels.

Their actions, also dubbed the "Curtain Call", scandalized WWF management, who at the time wanted to maintain the illusion that the antipathy between fan favorites and villains was real and that they were not friends outside the ring.

WWF Chairman, Vince McMahon was reported to be initially okay with the incident, but did not expect them to take it so far. McMahon also did not expect a fan in the audience to sneak a camcorder into the event and capture the entire incident on tape, which was later procured by the WWF and aired on the October 6, 1997 episode of Raw is War by Michaels and Levesque who, in storyline, used the footage to irritate McMahon. Because Michaels was the WWF Champion at the time and was one of the promotion's biggest drawing cards, he could not be punished. Hall and Nash were soon to leave for WCW, so they also escaped punishment. The punishment fell solely on Levesque, who was demoted from being a championship contender to wrestling inexperienced or lesser experienced wrestlers.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Well no, I didn't mean breaking kayfabe in those ways. But thank you. I meant a sort of "when person A was breaking it and person B didn't want it" sort of thing. Or, if for example, Punk's shoot was actually legit.

But the Owen/Austin one was a great idea of what I was looking for.
Any Hardcore Holly matches that involves a newcomer or a rookie. Altough it backfired on him against Lesnar.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
This thread would be x100 better if the posters would post videos of what they're talking about.
rep me then. lol

also here is some more info on MGS incident

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
When Shawn michales wanted to do the flying elbow on Vader and Vader did not moe, and Shawn stomped his head.

·
Registered
935 Posts
And then next week Saturn got some stiff ass powerbombs by APA. It was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZODxi572bM

Since i forget how to embed. It's round 6:25 stiff ass powerbombs. IIRC they were told to by the locker room cuz Perry had no reason to beat the hell outta Bell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts