Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the fuck is "White Privilege" and how do I get it? I feel like I'm more limited in life as a white male than anything (Hard to find a job, can't get financial aid for classes, I get treated with as much as respect as anyone else, etc...). Can someone please explain this term to me and how I have this so called "Privilege"? Also, just the other day some black dude was giving me attitude at a gas station when I did nothing to provoke him.

Basically, this term is stupid and non-existent. Simple as that.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
You seem to think 'white privilege' means your life must be automatically objectively better than anyone who isn't white. That is an idiot's idea of what it is.

White privilege is that regardless of your individual circumstances, white people in America are objectively given way less shit than non-white people in America. You can actually get arrested for minor offences without having the shit kicked out of you or possibly even just straight-up murdered by arsehole cops. You probably won't get "randomly" stopped and searched on the street, you probably won't be immediately suspected of having drugs.

It's crap like that.

The fact that a black guy at a petrol station was mean to you does not mean you don't have certain inherent privileges or advantages in your life that black people don't have, and that you obviously take for granted because you're so used to having them and not thinking about it or thinking about the realities of life for those who don't that it's just never occurred to you.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Imho, there are some 'perks' that some people have, but it's usually a combination of things.

Like, if you're white and dirt ass poor with little education, no one gives a shit about your skin color, and you don't have it easier just because of your complexion than say, a middle class black person with a decent public school education.

It's usually a multitude of factors that lead to someone having life easier, never just one catch all that absolves you from any and all prejudices of a certain type (i.e. say being white does mean you have it easier with cops, there's still the chance of being pulled over by a cop racist towards whites). The only thing someone can truly have that will unconditionally make their lives easier is money.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
White priviledge is not having the overwhelming urge or sensation to act like a nonsensical idiot if a cop questions you.
That is true but also cops don't pull over whites just because they are white but they pull over blacks all the time because they are black (for no reason).

That is why blacks give cops attitudes but they are stupid to do so since they know cops are just looking for a reason to arrest them or beat the shit out of them.

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
What the fuck is "White Privilege" and how do I get it? I feel like I'm more limited in life as a white male than anything (Hard to find a job, can't get financial aid for classes, I get treated with as much as respect as anyone else, etc...). Can someone please explain this term to me and how I have this so called "Privilege"? Also, just the other day some black dude was giving me attitude at a gas station when I did nothing to provoke him.

Basically, this term is stupid and non-existent. Simple as that.
Your privilege isn't something you're "given" or even likely to notice, it's more something you'd notice if you didn't have it.

If you were black for instance, you'd probably be followed around stores more, targeted as a potential thief even if you never shoplifted a day in your life. You would have to deal with the prejudices that face minorities as well.

·
Banned
73 Posts
That is true but also cops don't pull over whites just because they are white but they pull over blacks all the time because they are black (for no reason).

That is why blacks give cops attitudes but they are stupid to do so since they know cops are just looking for a reason to arrest them or beat the shit out of them.
Oh give it a rest for fucks sake, I passed my driving test at 17 in the Uk the earliest you can do here and I got stopped by police on a pretty much daily basis until I was over 21.

*bangs head on wall*

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.