Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see they kind of want to push him, but gave him so weird comedy gimmick.

He's got a great posterboy look, but he's not particullary great at anything so I fail to see what exactly his floor is... Is he going to be a top guy or... Eh.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I'm honestly amazed that someone else acknowledges this. I felt like I was the only person who saw nothing in this guy from he beginning. It feels like he's being pushed simply because the guy looks like a tall finn balor. But I've yet to see a good, yet alone great promo, or even an above average match from him. This is going all the way back to Evolve. Yes, he can grow, but where he's at now is not where he should be. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a belt within the next six months and maybe even try to make hm a main eventer over the next year.,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Drew’s punch bag who got kicked out of vega’s stable, joins Seth Messiah stable as the punchbag and quickly demoted to Nxt. He’s used as there’s no other gymnast

So Seth and Lashley are Raws top heels
What other heels does Raw have?
Owens is likely joining AEW
Miz injured
Elias vanished
Shanky can he even wrestle
T Bar
Dolph and Roode old jobber tag team who Omas buried and Rhoode is likely getting future endeavoured
Omas can barely move
Style retiring soon stuck with Omas
General something can he even wrestle
Cedric pinned by Dana Brooke chases 24 title
Yakuza lost his ninjas now hides in bins and chases 24/7 title

AJ, Seth, Owens and Theory who are good wrestlers on the heel side. Unless Becky starts fighting the men again who else is there that could take Theory’s spot?

·
The Babyface of WF
WWE/F since 1993
19,428 Posts
Take it back last year as part of Zelina's stable and i would have said this kid isn't special in any way plus incredibly vanilla to that extent but now i like the guy maybe not a big fan but I'm growing on his potential to succeed, I'll give @SAMCRO props for seeing this earlier than any of us on the board back then.

He's making the most of his insufferable selfie taking gimmick with a smug impression that feels natural to him as a personlity but still needs a variety of stepping up with a Character that can transition him from Midcard to Upper Midcard as he progresses along which i think he could pull off in due time hopefully, He's pretty decent in the ring but i don't think that's his cap limit i haven't watched any of his work prior to WWE but that can't be all he has to offer for growth, Vince can push the guy harder to breakout in a bigger way no matter his placement on the card.

A young prospect with potential is better than hopefuls with questionable potential so that's a start they need to create new Superstars and Austin Theory could very well fit the bill among the new crop.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
I've liked Austin Theory for a while now. He's very young, has a great look, has got a lot of potential and has already been in a segment with Vince so I'm pretty sure he's a big project for the future.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
That they repackaged him after the initial failed main roster pushes probably mean they see high potential in him. I think his floor would be someone that can be a heat magnet that get beat up in the mid card like Santino or more recently Elias. His ceiling if everything goes right is being one of the top guys. He has the look, decent in the ring, and is already comfortable doing the goofy stuff WWE writes. Wouldn't say his chances of being the guy is high though. My gut feeling is they see Theory as a utility guy at the main event rather than FOTC type of guy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Austin Theory is 24. He is a promising young talent who can wrestle for the next 15 years. His floor right now is getting better and building a connection with the fans which isn't doing such a bad job at.

·
Registered
249 Posts
He has a good look, and there’s potential there but I’m not feeling this current gimmick. He was with Zelina/Andrade and co. for a bit during the pandemic and he actually was better then. Came across as a lot more serious.

I don’t get why they bring on guys that have potential and then just give him a goofy comedy gimmick. Too silly right now, hard to take him serious so it’s hard to say.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
He's young, talented, has a great look, a lot of personality. Basically a solid package all round.

We don't know what his floor is like we don't know what his ceiling is because he's got all the potential in the world but none of us know how well WWE are going to handle him long-term.

·
Southern Pride
Bless Your Heart
6,002 Posts
I feel like WWE is having patience with Austin Theory because he is in fact young (24 years old) and could grow in to something bigger. He does still have potential. It's just a matter of him improving and giving him time.

Theory's first run on the main roster was a flop and most of that was because they had no good plan for him other than to be an "extra" in a few groups. They gave us nothing to care about him.

Theory being in "The Way" was great for him because he showed that he can have a personality that is beyond the typical "I am a serious heel and I am the best" thing. He has shown some personality on RAW since leaving NXT also. So who knows how much better he will be years from now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts