Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching classic Raw and Smackdown. Something is wrong today. The Brand Extension was a huge mistake. I found the original way Raw and Smackdown were ran entertaining. Both show build each other up and PPVs. They helped develop feuds deeper. I strongly believe this was the major key in the Attitude Era.

The brand extension stopped feuds from being developed on both shows. They went back to develop each feud once a week. Now neither show build each other up. Main Eventers who draw do not appear on every show. This hurts ratings. I am 100% sure that if Cena was also on Smackdown then ratings would go up because he has drawing power.

Think about the potential. I don't like ADR, but his feud with Cena would had been built much better. Punk's storyline wouldn't had appeared to be rushed because it would be developed twice in a week. Each division would only need one title. Pushes would get more TV time. Stables will have a larger importance.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
more people know its fake plus the rise of mma and digital cable is your answer

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more people know its fake plus the rise of mma and digital cable is your answer
No, The WWE has limited its' drawing power on each show. Both shows would be much better without the brand extension and treat Raw and Smackdown as WWE shows instead of two different brands. The more stars you have on a show then the more drawing power you have. Instead each show has less stars. At one point Smackdown didn't have anybody in 2010.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I completely agree with you, brand extension is terrible. They need to go back to having just the WWE title, IC, Tag Team and Womens and even bring back the Hardcore title. No one can get enough TV time as it is to create buzz which only holds back the upcoming guys aswell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts