Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like WWE had a perfect plan on bringing Edge back at Royal Rumble and win it after his injury. I was thinking he would take the championship at Wrestlemania and go on to do great "heel" things again but NOOO!!!! Now can someone explain to me what the heck they are doing with his storyline now? It seems like they are just running him right off the show. They need to make him the main event again. He is the perfect heel!! Does anyone agree? I know he isn't going to win at NOC because the Nexus angle is just to strong right now. I say put him back on Smackdown where they need a couple more main event guys. Smackdown is lacking big time. The whole Kane/Undertaker fued is just plain boring to me. I know its the PG era but we need the Rated R Superstar to be on top again!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
HELL > H#$L.

Edge is in a rut right now there's no denying it. He's grown stale, somehow. He needs some new guys to feud with because that one with King Of Stale Chris Jericho sucked. Miz would be a good one. Swagger, Riley, MVP - anyone. He shouldn't be winning World Titles so maybe he could drop down and give the mid-card titles some prestige.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im new I wasn't sure on the whole bad word thing knowing kids read this stuff. Just trying to stay PG rated...

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Two words, Randy Orton.

My belief, and I wasn't the one who originally suggested this by the way, is that WWE wanted to have a feud between the two of them after the Jericho feud was over. Orton would've been the heel, Edge would've been the face. Unfortunately, Orton kept getting bigger and bigger pops and it was obvious that he had to be turned, this meant that the only way to have the feud, which would obviously be a decent draw, is to turn Edge heel again.

It also had the effect of ruining the likely face turn for Ted Dibiase although that's a very minor point in all of this.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I think it's a physical issue, if anything. He's been sluggish ever since coming back from the achilles injury. It's hard to expect a great match from him anymore. His physique was never the greatest, but it's worse than it was a year ago. He still has the touch with the mic, but he seems limited in everything else. Maybe he can pull off one more main event run on Smackdown and deal with a few 15 minute matches every other PPV, but I don't expect him to be the top guy for either show anymore.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to see an Orton VS Edge fued!! Even get him involved with the Miz like Klebold noted. They need to do something because it seems so wasteful to have him fighting R Truth ect ect. He is better on the mic. Bring back the Cutting Edge!!!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I feel he should be I the main event, and given another push. People say he's worn down and what not, but he's still in good shape in my opinion, and over the last few weeks and since coming back he's had some very solid matches. The wwe need to decide what to do with him, maybe send him to smackdown and have a feud with Christian, with edge been the face and Christian heel, with Christian being jealous of edges titles reigns for example. They must put him in a damn angle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully at NOC he will ruin the win for Orton and they can start a fued. Since HHH is due back in the fall I see Sheamus retaining the belt and them going at at (since Sheamus took HHH out).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
TBH i like edge and all (he was my favorite at one point in time) but he is getting old

with that said id like to see him win he WWE title one more time (NOT the WHC) then hang it up and get a mick foley type scedule.... where he makes appearances and be rested enough to go on those appearances

or make him the raw GM, where he dresses in a suit and wheres a sick top hat... and he comes out in like a stone cold face/heel form... where he makes his matches and says what he wants about who he want and the crowd eats it up... and for the love of god no vickie... have edge maybe reunite with lita when she appears but otherwise hes a 1 man administration

i just thought of that.... pretty damn good idea when i sit back and look at it

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Two words, Randy Orton.

My belief, and I wasn't the one who originally suggested this by the way, is that WWE wanted to have a feud between the two of them after the Jericho feud was over. Orton would've been the heel, Edge would've been the face. Unfortunately, Orton kept getting bigger and bigger pops and it was obvious that he had to be turned, this meant that the only way to have the feud, which would obviously be a decent draw, is to turn Edge heel again.

It also had the effect of ruining the likely face turn for Ted Dibiase although that's a very minor point in all of this.
That's an interesting concept I really never thought about. Rep for that. I guess it would all add up as to why the heel turn and then with Orton being injured there and then the whole Nexus Angle being hot shotted, it sort of just fizzled out. Randy then getting the push to Main Event with Sheamus, etc, etc..

This seems as legit as it could be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel he should be I the main event, and given another push. People say he's worn down and what not, but he's still in good shape in my opinion, and over the last few weeks and since coming back he's had some very solid matches. The wwe need to decide what to do with him, maybe send him to smackdown and have a feud with Christian, with edge been the face and Christian heel, with Christian being jealous of edges titles reigns for example. They must put him in a damn angle

I agree with that but Edge has to be a heel hes to damn good at having the fans boo him out of the building.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Edge doesn't have to be a heel. in fact, he shouldn't be. he's BEYOND stale. it's practically pathetic. at least when he was a face acting only SLIGHTLY heely, it was something we hadn't seen before.

and he doesn't get booed out of the building, he only gets mild reactions now, no longer the main event heat from 2008. he's just not important anymore, and that's compounded by the fact that he is old, and injury-prone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Edge doesn't have to be a heel. in fact, he shouldn't be. he's BEYOND stale. it's practically pathetic. at least when he was a face acting only SLIGHTLY heely, it was something we hadn't seen before.

and he doesn't get booed out of the building, he only gets mild reactions now, no longer the main event heat from 2008. he's just not important anymore, and that's compounded by the fact that he is old, and injury-prone.

Sorry I should of explained a little better. I mean he used to get booed out of the building with his perfect promos!! I don't even think the fans listen to him anymore now. They probably go and get snacks when his music hits. The writers have written his character right into the ground. Its time to dig him out!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It's quite sad seeing one half of my favourite ever tag team now reduced to jobbing for the main-event scene on RAW, especially after having a massive return and victory at the Royal Rumble.

What makes it worse is that Edge and Jericho were feuding on Smackdown, but they were both transferred to RAW, yet their past Smackdown feud just stopped. like, what the actual fuck?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I always wondered how you could be Rated "R" in a pg promotion...
Ever play gta: san andreas. In it their were ads for the new Jack Howitzer movie 'Special Needs Cop' which was rated R for retarded. That's pretty much how wrestling promotions treat us fans. Mind you, seeing some of the threads that get made here, especially in the TNA section, they may have a point :p

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Unfortunately Edge isn't at his best just yet, he's getting there but this recent injury seemed to really take a toll on him. I'm sure he'll be main event worthy again in a few months and WWE will give him a push to match.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Edge is the single most stale wrestler in WWE since Triple H six years ago. Not only that, but if he takes one more bad bump, he's gonna shatter like a window.

In an ideal world, he'd retire and replace Lawler on commentary. He'd be excellent.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts