Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys listen there is no excuse for the state of the divas division i mean Kelly Kelly sucks period she is a model with no wrestling in her background, Bellas (no comment) Alicia fox or aka ms loves to botch, not even going on eve, i mean they have some talented divas such as Gail Kim by the way her feud with awesome Kong is a classic but now she is a jobber for the Bellas that's a low blow . down right disrespectful to women wrestling why does Vince not want to better his women division? hell the company its self ? i mean the writers don't even know what they are doing like why is lay cool still on raw ? lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nah, the main problem is people just don't want to see women wrestle. Just look at Shimmer, they have plenty of talented ladies but still nobody cares.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if they can get people to watch a midget they can get people to wanna see women wrestle but if they have 3 second matches with bull shit finishes like that switch shit the bellas do then yeah nobody wants to see that trash lol

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
This is an inherent problem of having the division across both brands and just one title now. They ought to move a large chunk of women from RAW onto SmackDown (or vice versa) in exchange for some good lower and midcard males. And don't get me wrong, I like Laycool, but surely they need to build somebody DIFFERENT now. They haven't been out of the title picture at all this year. Enough already.

They need to turn Beth and Natalya back to being heels. How is it realistic for the strongest Divas on the roster to oversell the offense of much weaker Divas? Laycool should become secondary heels for a while. Push Gail Kim and call up AJ and Naomi ASAP.

Eve and Alicia Fox are duds. Melina has been terrible since coming back from injury.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There is some good /great women's wrestlers it's just they don't give a rats arse about them.The average Raw womens match runs about 3-4 minutes ,not that i'm complaing because the only divs that intrest me are on smackdown.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I get sick of people saying wwe arent using their womens division properly. It's utter bullshit. The women in wwe can't wrestle and they are fucking useless. The only use they have on a show is that you can go to the toilet knowing you won't miss anything, they are good at breaking up a show. They should all be fired in my view but if they are to keep some around have them be valets to the male wrestlers.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Melina hasn't been horrible, but she has been hit or miss (mostly miss) since returning from injury. Her turning heel (if they ever actually do it) would be good as her heel moveset is much more practical.

Beth or Natalya need to turn heel before the better part of 2011 is over, unfortunately with Laycool being the only heel game in town, both ladies have to be face right now (Nattie to get the belt and Beth because she has a feud ready-made for her with them).

But since Nattie is a face, it would be a good time to throw someone like Maryse against her for a decent spell so that Maryse has someone better than her in the ring to work with and learn from. Her progress got shot when she got injured and instead of letting her and Gail work (their SD! matches showed promise), they used her to put over Eve. This would give WWE someone else besides Laycool and possibly Melina to use as top heels. Alicia needs to go face in 2011 too, she doesn't give off heel vibes to me at all. Maybe after the draft Beth can feud with Eve or something.

But the Divas' division suffers from lack of planning and care (just like most of the undercard) as well as WWE doing everything they can to limit these ladies (aside from Michelle apparently, who can do everything). Maryse has a martial arts background,as does Eve... let's see that. Let Melina utilize submissions, she's not bad at them (the Cali Dream was her indie finisher). Let's have Beth and Nattie throw these girls around like ragdolls. And please split the Bellas up before too long or turn both of them heel, "twin magic" would at least make more sense.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
You pretty much answered your own topic question my friend. Look who they are pushing to sell the fans that they are “Good competitive divas of wrestling”. Look who is dominating the diva scene? Lay-Cool. (I have a massive crush on Layla, but I’m not going to be a blind mark like half of her fans on here and act like she is a good wrestler just cause I like her).

Women like Gail Kim who can wrestle circles then most of the divas are jobbers. I mean it’s good that they are finally pushing actual diva WRESTLERS like Natayla but look who is apparently her equal? Michelle McCool-the most overrated diva of the decade. Look at their entire roster.

Natalya Neidhart
Melina Perez
Gail Kim
Eve Torres
The Bella Twins
Maryse Ouellet
Alicia Fox
Tamina
Beth Phoenix
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Michelle McCool
Layla El
Kaitlyn
Maria (now released of course)

Out of all the girls the actual wrestlers are Natayla, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and Melina. (I don’t know about Tamina yet, she still green to me) the rest are nothing but eye candy/valets with no personality or character other then Maryse. It’s pathetic.

Remember the roster was like this?

Chyna
Trish Stratus
Lita
Victoria
Ivory
Jacqueline
Jazz
Molly Holly
Torrie Wilson
Stacy keibler
Stephanie McMahon(to an extent)

Now you probably thinking “Torrie, Stacy or Steph wasn’t good wrestlers etc.” but the difference between them and the no talent women of today like Kelly or the Bellas is that Torrie/Stacy/Steph had identity, character and personality which drew the crowd to pay attention. The crowd cared about them, can’t say the same for the shitfest of today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You pretty much answered your own topic question my friend. Look who they are pushing to sell the fans that they are “Good competitive divas of wrestling”. Look who is dominating the diva scene? Lay-Cool. (I have a massive crush on Layla, but I’m not going to be a blind mark like half of her fans on here and act like she is a good wrestler just cause I like her).

Women like Gail Kim who can wrestle circles then most of the divas are jobbers. I mean it’s good that they are finally pushing actual diva WRESTLERS like Natayla but look who is apparently her equal? Michelle McCool-the most overrated diva of the decade. Look at their entire roster.

Natalya Neidhart
Melina Perez
Gail Kim
Eve Torres
The Bella Twins
Maryse Ouellet
Alicia Fox
Tamina
Beth Phoenix
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Michelle McCool
Layla El
Kaitlyn

Out of all the girls the actual wrestlers are Natayla, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and Melina. (I don’t know about Tamina yet, she still green to me) the rest are nothing but eye candy/valets with no personality or character other then Maryse. It’s pathetic.

Remember the roster was like this?

Chyna
Trish Stratus
Lita
Victoria
Ivory
Jacqueline
Jazz
Molly Holly
Torrie Wilson
Stacy keibler
Stephanie McMahon(to an extent)

Now you probably thinking “Torrie, Stacy or Steph wasn’t good wrestlers etc.” but the difference between them and the no talent women of today like Kelly or the Bellas is that Torrie/Stacy/Steph had identity, character and personality which drew the crowd to pay attention. The crowd cared about them, can’t say the same for the shitfest of today.
nope torrie was eye candy thats it far as laya i love her to but they have the divas ass backwards why are they not pushing gail kim make her a heel like she was back in 2002 or 2003 he can be a champion but she would be so much better as a heel so would beth and tamina , she even looks like a heel lol

·
Registered
99 Posts

lol yeah right. I'll give you Stephanie but the only reason Stacy and Torrie got more of a reaction than current divas do is because they didn't have the PG rating restriction and were allowed to show more skin.

·
3,990 Posts
nope torrie was eye candy thats it far as laya i love her to but they have the divas ass backwards why are they not pushing gail kim make her a heel like she was back in 2002 or 2003 he can be a champion but she would be so much better as a heel so would beth and tamina , she even looks like a heel lol
Torrie Wilson was not only eye candy, she was basically the top diva of Smakdown for a couple of years, she was featured in a lot of commercials, being in continuing storylines, getting tons of air time with massive stars like Brock Lesnar. Torrie use to get one of the biggest pops of then night (aswell Stacy). Women like Torrie and Stacy are in a entire different league then women like Kelly or Layla. As I said before I am a total mark for Layla but not a blind one, I can not ignore these facts. Torrie and Stacy had identity, character and personality and held their own against the likes of Trish Stratus or Victoria in the ring. They may have been shitty in the ring but they still was cared about from the fans and WWE.

For the Gail Kim Heel comment, yeah I agree, I honestly thought she could of return in that Matrix gimmick she had in 03/04.

lol yeah right. I'll give you Stephanie but the only reason Stacy and Torrie got more of a reaction than current divas do is because they didn't have the PG rating restriction and were allowed to show more skin.
I was waiting for someone to try and say something anything related with them showing skin to get the crowd pop for them. Kelly Kelly come out in damn near naked but the crowd don't really care for her. Yeah she get's an OK pop but when the bell rings all crickets are heard while the crowd stay solid on a Stacy or Torrie match that does not involve in a Bra & Panties match.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Natalya Neidhart
Melina Perez
Gail Kim
Eve Torres
The Bella Twins
Maryse Ouellet
Alicia Fox
Tamina
Beth Phoenix
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Michelle McCool
Layla El
Kaitlyn

Out of all the girls the actual wrestlers are Natayla, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and McCool. (I don’t know about Tamina yet, she still green to me) the rest are nothing but eye candy/valets with no personality or character other then Maryse. It’s pathetic.
Fixed for accuracy, because Melina is nowhere near as good as McCool in the ring, is a botch-machine, has been terrible since she got injured and would be better off as a valet. It's Nattie and Beth that are the overrated ones, IYAM. When are you ignorant, idiot McCool haters, going to acknowledge the fact that she CAN wrestle and is now on a par with Nattie, Gail and Beth as far as ring-work goes?

Heels need personality, and Gail simply hasn't got the personality to be a heel. Her previous heel run was awful.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
if they can get people to watch a midget they can get people to wanna see women wrestle but if they have 3 second matches with bull shit finishes like that switch shit the bellas do then yeah nobody wants to see that trash lol
And in those 3 seconds, they WILL botch. Amazingly enough.

Have them wrestle in bra and panties matches and then people will start caring. But outside of that, I'd rather watch a midget than watch divas matches because there's not even a remote chance of a slip in clothing.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Michelle is a fine wrestler. Overpushed, but she can get it done in the ring. The Divas' division is currently dominated by women who are C students in the ring. While this is fine as long as you put in the effort to differentiate their characters and make the fans not care if the match isn't technically sound because someone just got their ass beat, when you don't do the above you need better wrestlers and decent length matches so that the ladies can get over in the ring. WWE just isn't focusing on using the division either way (or trying in some effed up way to use it both ways) and as a result, you get mediocre to bad outings, storylines, and ultimately divisions.

·
3,990 Posts
Fixed for accuracy, because Melina is nowhere near as good as McCool in the ring, is a botch-machine, has been terrible since she got injured and would be better off as a valet. It's Nattie and Beth that are the overrated ones, IYAM. When are you ignorant, idiot McCool haters, going to acknowledge the fact that she CAN wrestle and is now on a par with Nattie, Gail and Beth as far as ring-work goes?

Heels need personality, and Gail simply hasn't got the personality to be a heel. Her previous heel run was awful.
Every diva botches, I'm getting sick of people saying certain diva botches when all of them do. The "Great" Trish Stratus had her number of share botches herself. The women are not as coordinate in the ring as the men are. So it's only natural for them to botch time to time. That botch excuse will not work on me when majority of the divas botch at some point.

Now show me (post a link or youtube vid) a good McCool match and explain to me how she is good wrestler-exactly.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Every diva botches, I'm getting sick of people saying certain diva botches when all of them do. The "Great" Trish Stratus had her number of share botches herself. The women are not as coordinate in the ring as the men are. So it's only natural for them to botch time to time. That botch excuse will not work on me when majority of the divas botch at some point.

Now show me (post a link or youtube vid) a good McCool match and explain to me how she is good wrestler-exactly.
How about you prove to me she's not? Also, McCool is already better in the ring than Trish ever was.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Another problem is that we can barely differentiate any of these women. LayCool and Maryse (particularly before she valeted for DiBiase) are the only ones with gimmicks. Part of the reason is that the PG packaging limits anything WWE can do with most of them. I mean how many fucking times do they have to remind us that they're "smart, sexy and powerful"? All the faces are BFF's and hug each other, and the heels act like bitches who give snarling looks at their opponents.

I love hot women but fuck fuck's sake, I'd love them to have some variety.

Having characters and storylines really help in creating interest in any division. Stephanie McMahon, who's not even a wrestler, had a decent match against Trish at No Way Out 2001. The feud was so well built that there was actually interest in the match.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts