Wrestling Forum banner

What the fuck is 'The Cobra'

9514 Views 100 Replies 76 Participants Last post by  INFERN0
What kind of fucking move is 'The Cobra'? "OMG, HE JUST SLIGHTLY CUPPED HIS HAND, AND POKED ME IN THE FOREHEAD, I AM NOW INCAPABLE OF CONTINUING THE MATCH. YOU WIN SANTINO". -.-

Reminds me alot of the samoan spike. Just Umaga poked his oponents in the throat, which is kinda believeable.
How would you be un-conscious just by being poked in the face with fingers..
like, come on, get real.
Reactions: Von Doom
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
What kind of fucking move is 'The Cobra'? "OMG, HE JUST SLIGHTLY CUPPED HIS HAND, AND POKED ME IN THE FOREHEAD, I AM NOW INCAPABLE OF CONTINUING THE MATCH. YOU WIN SANTINO". -.-

Reminds me alot of the samoan spike.
How would you be un-conscious just by being poked in the face with fingers..
like, come on, get real.
While I disagree on the samoan spike point, a thumb going at high speed right into your larynx would hurt like fuck (although I'm not sure you meant the comparison that way), I agree on the rest of it, it's such a pathetic move, honest to god the worst I've ever seen.

· Registered
1,354 Posts
It's a knife edge chop to the jugular :D

· Registered
2,033 Posts
well if you take the idea that many martial arts teach finger stab moves that end up with the recieving person in crital condition, with permanent damage, or death...and besides theres many pressure points on the head that can lead to serious damage and unconciousness with very little pressure. just saying

· Registered
4,308 Posts
I don't know what kind of a move is it, but Del Rio's smile after taking it and throwing Santino through the top rope, perfectly states that it should remain a no-sold finisher.
he was on the floor while santino did his trumpet thing. not no selling it jesus christ.

· The Man
30,830 Posts
It's a bad move, but I honestly don't see why everyone has such a big problem with it. The Cobra isn't much worse then the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, the People's Elbow, and Hogan's Legdrop. It's a comedy move so it fits a comedy guy like him, the crowd eats it up, and it's not like he uses it to beat anyone who isn't really a jobber anyway. What's the big deal?

· Registered
430 Posts
he was on the floor while santino did his trumpet thing. not no selling it jesus christ.
It was instant recovery after Santino lift him and Del Rio reversed it. The fact that he didn't even show any after effect, is no-selling ALA HBK in his retirement match. Tombstone, Taker celebrtates and after that, instant recovery. Even Taker sold the match by looking dizzy while congratulating HBK.

Anywho... Fact is, is a shitty maneuver.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
It is basically helping the young kids understand that wrestling isn't real. So when they see a move like the cobra, they realize how unrealistic that really is.

Weren't there other moves in wrestling past that were similar to cobra in terms of how weak they actually were but somehow ended up being effective?

Hogans legdrop is first one i can think of.

· Registered
4,308 Posts
It was instant recovery after Santino lift him and Del Rio reversed it. The fact that he didn't even show any after effect, is no-selling ALA HBK in his retirement match. Tombstone, Taker celebrtates and after that, instant recovery. Even Taker sold the match by looking dizzy while congratulating HBK.

Anywho... Fact is, is a shitty maneuver.
its supposed to stun the guy for long enough to pin them, its a martial arts style nerve jab. try listening to the commentators.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.