Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
23,976 Posts
That's a fair point and I think probably would have been better than what we're seeing currently, I will give you that. But even with that situation, Brian Cage potentially ends up taking a loss that he can't really afford right now. It's not an easy thing to get around, they have lots of wrestlers that are at a stage where they can't really afford to lose. I think it's 50/50 on who and what is to blame for that.

Losing PAC has wrecked their ability to be able to bridge the gap between the mid card and main event, without it seeming like hot shotting. On the other hand, they have absolutely wasted Jericho post title run. He could have fit into that role PAC has left seamlessly. There aren't that many options currently for their mid card to feud with. They either get built up and fed to the champ after a brief run of wins, or left in a weird state of purgatory, rotating between a title feud and then nothing like we've seen from Brodie, Lance, Eddie and Cage this year. They end up flirting and teasing the idea of feuding between each other, but never do. That will hopefully be far less of an issue in a years time with Page/Omega, PAC returning and Darby/MJF being pushed.

Also, if that was the route they decided to go down with Miro, people would have said they're All Ex WWE. That oh so funny meme. Refusing to push or hire non WWE guys. It's a delicate balance right now which I think they could improve on, but it shouldn't be that big of an issue long term. We will see Miro get pushed and his start will become irrelevant in time I think.
Like WWE they have the issue of no real midcard. I think the fact there Tag Division has so much depth in it inadvertently hurts their midcard. Maybe break up the Lucha Bros that's 2 guys who can be midcard or main event and turn 1 face. Maybe permanently seperate Sky and Dustin from their teams as well. Now that's 3 new faces and 1 new heel and the tag division only loses 2 teams that weren't relevant anyway, while keeping SCU still.

As far as complaints of push just ignore. They do it with OC, so someone like Miro you definitely can ignore the minor push back he'd get. Can't please everybody after all. Not counting Miro since he's new, I think they've done a poor job of showing why middle of the road WWE guys should come their, unless they're just fed up. They missed the ball with elevating Spears and Brodie has been a mixed bag to where he's featured, but he doesn't feel truly important yet. I think Miro definitely needs to be that WWE guy they show "see we can turn someone misused into a star". Then other folk who aren't already main eventers have more incentive to look at them and see it as a way to actually move up. Obviously you don't want to get old TNA bad were every body they take from WWE walks into a world title. But something as simple as turning Spears from the guy stuck in catering to a midcard stable could've worked wonders.

·
None. More. Hated.
7,144 Posts
Miro will (or should) be in a top position in a year. He's already showing his angry, nasty side where he looks like no one can handle him. He's a more convincing beast-like figure than any of AEW's big guys IMO. Cage is good but lacks that added bit of intensity that Miro has.

Why does it have to a year? Why cant a guy with name value who looks like he can kill 95 percent of the roster, come in, wreck shit and be at the top? Not everything has to be some long term story, and quite frankly Im super over people using that term as a crutch for this companys mundane, boring booking.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The issue is also this stupid "The Best Man" nickname too, it brings him down, hell I don't get why he didn't win that battle royal at All Out, have him come in and take apart everyone in the match rather than Matt Sydal who hasn't had any impact what so ever outside of a botch. Or if you really want Archer as a contender, just have him turn up and go on a tear much like how he started on the main roster. Taking out people left and right, build him up as a strong guy instead of a comedy act.
This exactly. Miro and Orange Cassidy should be trading places. Cassidy should be aligned with Kip Sabian fighting over video game machines while Miro should be the one taking guys like Cody to the limit or beating them for the top titles.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm the most confused about why he appears to have debuted for the tag team division. Unless it is to keep him out of sight of the upcoming main event stories.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,942 Posts
Yeah, I'm not blown away either to be honest. But I just find it mad that people will not admit their own biases on things that are clearly not targeted at their demographic. Discussing a topic like this and coming out with really strong opinions without first admitting our own biases due to age, cultural upbringing etc results in people missing the bigger picture, assuming the way we see things is the way everyone else does too.
But people aren't talking about how this gimmick draws or appeals to a wider audience. They're talking about the gimmick, simple as that. Its not a Main Event gimmick, its a lowcard goober gimmick. If appealing to the teens is all that matters then why doesn't Cody have some goofy gimmick as well? Why's Mox playing the typical badass babyface role?

People are complaining about Miro because he's not appealing to them and doesn't entertain them. Should we accept everything in the World just because we're not the target audience?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Miro is damaged goods. WWE destroyed his image and emasculated him when they booked him as a massive beta cuck. I'm sure that was punishment for getting over on his own.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I thought you were joking until I saw the image.

Marko Stunt wrestling some other fuckwit in a dildo on a board match.

Where's Corny? God damn! Jesus Christ!
It would be one hell of a random thing for me to joke about, but these are the lows wrestling has sunk to in 2020. Let me not even go into the fact that him legitimately looking like a child makes this so much worse

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
They are pushing this video game gamer stuff hardcore. Excalibur is trying to get dorks to mark out creaming themselves over the mention of Sanwa buttons on the arcade machine.
all Excalibur does is make people plug their ears with his stupid terrible voice

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
In 2020 video games are fine, they are popular. But being a gamer is a terrible gimmick and feuding over a broken video game is shit. It's just incredibly lazy "creativity" which seems to be happening a lot in AEW.

For the people justifying these decisions, don't you want better stories? I just don't understand the stance you guys take.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Nothing wrong with the current story no point pushing him to the world title with no fans in. They can drag this thing out with kip until they fall out and miro destroys him. I have watched miro twitch and I quite like the way he keeps kayfabe up outside the ring. This is the way it used to be in the business. What made the undertaker successful. I think miro is playing himself now pretty much well without the religion references so far. A guy with intensity and a good look who happens to be in to video games. The moment the undertaker went on social media talking about his wife and kids was when his character died in my opinion.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts