Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do they not realize that putting people in these idiotic feuds even between title runs hurts them? Its literally better to have him at home doing nothing and have people asking where's Miro, than to have him in this dumbass feud and getting clowned on for stupid shit like this because he's in the ring with jobbers when he should be facing top talent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/jbn0q8

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Rusev Day was kind of silly but Miro made it work. So far, this has not been working for me but maybe it will work out if we are patient?

At the very least, Miro and Kip vs Best Friends should be a good match.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm not feeling this whole "we train just hard as we game" motto they got going on. Plus Kip Sabian sucks. Just another light heavyweight charisma vacuum dweeb that needs to get away from Miro. As much as I'm excited to see how this angle evolves, its been pretty brutal thus far.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
I'm not feeling this whole "we train just hard as we game" motto they got going on. Plus Kip Sabian sucks. Just another light heavyweight charisma vacuum dweeb that needs to get away from Miro. As much as I'm excited to see how this angle evolves, its been pretty brutal thus far.
Well it's definitely pretty evident that Miro has been training like a MFer. He's enormous! The gaming industry is much bigger than movies in the current year, so I think there's money in figuring out how to capitalize on it. It's not just for nerds anymore.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Well it's definitely pretty evident that Miro has been training like a MFer. He's enormous! The gaming industry is much bigger than movies in the current year, so I think there's money in figuring out how to capitalize on it. It's not just for nerds anymore.
I just don't see any substance at all in a beast like Miro bragging about being a video gamer and everything else in between. It makes him look bad and its not really a good foundation for a good gimmick. Ah well. I'm just happy he's in AEW.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Miro should’ve been a sadistic monster.

instead he’s a guy wearing sweat pants who’s personality is apparently entirely based on being a gamer.
IMO Miro is at his best when he's being a little silly and over the top. Like "Rusev Day" or entering WrestleMania on a tank.

Stuff that is objectively stupid but stupid in an awesome pro wrestling way. I don't think they have hit this with "The Best Man" though.

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
Imagine having an anniversary show and this is the BIGGEST ANGLE coming out of it. Miro has been reinforcing WWE's decision to cut him. Did a single other new storyline begin last night? MJF teasing joining the inner circle was again teased; Britt is again coming back; Eddie is again going after Mox; Cassidy is again competing for the TNT title.

There is a tournament for the AEW champinonship....next week. Ok, fair.

then there is a random draw to see who competes in a tournament for the tag team titles? duh, wins and losses don't matter I guess? Because you have a tournament for 1 title then a random drawing for another.....

After sleeping on it and having time to think, this is slowly becoming one of the worst AEW episodes ever.

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
JFC! Most of the talent come up with their own gimmicks. He did video games on UpUpDownDown several times. He’s a gamer in real life. This is his personality. He didn’t want to be a monster heel. Just be happy he’s being used the way he wants to
And, it sucks.

What's the defense for that? Should I pay someone to do what they love if it doesn't entertain me or others? AEW isn't a charity. Miro is not entertaining as he wants to portray himself to the degree people expected he would be after his run in WWE.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Hes not good, hes just another big guy. In fact its clear wwe brought him in to fit a well played stereotype and probably continued to be kept around because his wife was popular based off her sexuality.

·
None. More. Hated.
7,149 Posts
JFC! Most of the talent come up with their own gimmicks. He did video games on UpUpDownDown several times. He’s a gamer in real life. This is his personality. He didn’t want to be a monster heel. Just be happy he’s being used the way he wants to
Thats why you have a boss with a plan in charge who can say, "nah."

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wtf?

Fighting over broken arcade machines is the shit clowns like Sonny Michel, Jungle Boy and Orange Cassidy should be doing. Miro should have been the one going the limit with Cody last night. Actually Miro should have been the one to squash Cody weeks ago. Its what a man his size and with his name recognition should be doing. Miro was on Total Divas for years and was an expensive car driving "alpha male" with a hot wife and who doesn't give a fuck, video games and all that other bullshit is not his personality.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts