Wrestling Forum banner

What talent from AEW Roster don't you see been used that much

813 9
Just looking up names on the roster and just wanted to ask who you think probably won't see that much time on Dynamite or DARK. I know everyone can't be used most weeks but who from the roster right now do you think appearances won't amount to fingers on one hand.

Peter Avalon

Sonny Kiss- Unless he turns serious with his gimmick, I just can't see him been used that much.

Awesome Kong- I think her best years are behind her and it's clear she's been used cause of her acting gig in Netflix's Glow. See her been dragged out for the promotion stuff and the odd PPV matches

Leva Bates- The odd Job match here and there. I be surprised if she's featured in a title feud.

Brandon Culter- A bit like Bates just for the male roster.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael Nakazawa - although i just think he's mainly there for the Japanese crossover stuff not for actual in ring stuff.

CIMA - Let's be real he's going to put over younger talent and he might pick up the odd win here and there but he will mostly be a jobber
Cima, will have good matches with anyone.He's had one of the better matches in short AEW history with Omega. His match with Allin was good. You always need those old pro's who go out there with no ego and just make young talent look great.

Nakazawa will be the mouthpiece I assume for Riho (I hope she's starting to learn English) and any other Japanese talent for translation in the backstage interviews. He be good for the odd comedy match and Battle Royal. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used as a agent for the Joshi talents matches.

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
CIMA is gonna get used a lot. Sonny Kiss is gonna be used a lot. Cutler will be around a long time as a jobber.

I could see the Librarians never being used or probably being repurposed into other characters. To be honest, Peter Avalon doesn't interest me in any way whatsoever even if he's not doing a terrible gimmick.

I hope Nakazawa is the guy they stay away from completely. He's so terrible.

So far I think the person they've used the least is Kip Sabian. I continuously forget he's with the company until I see his picture on their roster page.

· Registered
27,532 Posts
Hard to say - I have to agree with the OP list, except Cutler and Cima - I think they’ll be in their jobber roles quite frequently

I think Avalon might be featured more when he ditches this gimmick - he’s quite good on the mic

I’m not sure actually - ask again in a month’s time :)

· Registered
37,516 Posts
Sonny Kiss as despite the real life performer being a gay man, the gimmick is so stereotypical it might get unfair heat from groups. I could see stupid articles from places like Vice trying to rally the crowd against that portrayal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.