Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
samoa joe is my favourate wrestler in tna but its no secret he hasnt been utilised much in 2010.
would you like to see him elevated to the main event going after the world championship or feuding with fortune or back in the x division e.t.c and yeh i know some of you think hes a lost cause but i disagree.

discuss

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
He should be in contention for the heavyweight title right now, but instead we have all the ex WWE guys going for it.

·
Banned
30 Posts
It's obvious he should be higher up the card ,it looks like he's gonna be sidetracked though by the Jarrett/Sting/Nash angle and than will be sidetracked by the "they" angle once they are revealed to be the kidnappers all that long ago.

Joe seems to be in the doghouse now more than ever ,espicailly after the bust up backstage after the Hardy match ,it's a real shame too that Tna turned him in the shadow of the wrecking ball that he once was when he first debuted there.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Jarrett/Sting/Nash/Hogan seems to be developing into TNA's main angle for the remainder of 2010, hopefully Joe's involvement will propel him to the forefront of the company WHERE HE BELONGS

·
Banned
30 Posts
Jarrett/Sting/Nash/Hogan seems to be developing into TNA's main angle for the remainder of 2010, hopefully Joe's involvement will propel him to the forefront of the company WHERE HE BELONGS
I don't think this involvement will propel him to the forefront of the company.

I honestly think a heel turn is due ,to me Joe in tna is better as a heel,during his early days anyway Joe has to just go on a rampage ,chokeing everyone out and resulting him to fueding for a major title .Him vs AJ for the tv title would result in some great matches and bring more credibility to the title.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
I love the guy but his momentum is well and truly dead. Firstly, maybe Madden was right; the entire push came from smarks that have no clue about who can/can’t sell the product on a national scale. Secondly, TNA should never, ever, focus the camera in on Joe. He looks constipated. He has absolutely no idea how to be coordinated. Some of the faces/movements he pulls induce vomiting.

I no longer think he has what it takes to be a standalone star (hence TNA attaching Nash to him). I honestly believe that if WWE had him and he was to takeoff, they’d promote him as some relation to The Rock or something like that, just to break him away from the rest of the pack. TNA should have been paying Foley to teach Joe how to talk and not as an active part-time wrestler.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Joe's been used better in 2010 than he was in 2009, 2008 and some of 2007. He faded way after the likes of Booker, Foley, Nash, Sting all joined but this year TNA did the smart thing of taking him out of the equation (with the kidnapping) and bringing him back as his old self - old attire, old bad-ass gimick, no nonsense and just kicking ass. I don't see Joe progressing to the main-event until Sting, Nash and Jarett leave, though. If the Knockouts division was cut then there'd be more time for (among a lot else) Joe to enhance his character and get born again.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He should be part of 'Them', and chasing World Champion for his title.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
He should be part of "they" when they're revealed if it's a bunch of TNA originals and not a useless NWO revival. He might be on Jarrett's side but he can easily turn on him.

·
Registered
990 Posts
He's one of my favourite wrestlers but after his awful title reign, the nation of violence crap and his unexplained kidnapping, I think he's lost all of his credibility and he's lost it permanently. I'd say its time for TNA to put him back in the X Division, not where he belongs but the best place he could possibly be in after the way he has been booked.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,436 Posts
Actually I think TNA was on the right track with Joe until the suspension happened, he was much more reminiscient of his top form than in any of the last few years. He was just killing people left and right and had his no nonsense attitude back, it's just a shame the incident happened cause if not I think we'd be seeing Joe/Hardy at BFG instead of Joe most likely being stuck in a tag match with the old guys.

He's definitely at the point now where he needs to get back in the title mix, I think TNA most likely is just going to abolish the ranking system and start from scratch so Joe should be right in the mix after BFG.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Lets be honest Joe is awesome and TNA have mis used him for years, so much so I am surprised at times he hasn't walked. He should be in the top bracket fighting for the Championship no questions asked, he belongs in the A list with Styles, Anderson, Hardy and RVD. If I were to take over TNA tomorrow I would use him much like Paul Heyman used Taz in old school ECW as a bad ass and a main player

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I don't know what they are ever really going to be able to do. All I've ever seen from him is the unstoppable tough guy gimmick. If he's not kicking everyone's ass a Its a dead end gimmick, you can't just be sacrificing all of your guys to Joe all of the time. And lets be honest, you can't make him the champion for an extended period and have him carry the company either, he looks like crap, has a very shallow character, and is a mediocre talker. Everything he does, Angle already does a lot better. So where can you really go with him? Great matches, but in the grand scheme of things, that only can take you so far. He needs do develop some kind of range, his character is too one dimensional.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Both Joe and Wolfe can walk away from guaranteed money after this year Bound for Glory, Look for both Wolfe and Joe to stay in TNA for one more year then in october 2011 jump to WWP (New Florida Compacny)

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is what I do not get with TNA Joe is probably the best character they have for the current market right now, whats the highrst grossing PPV product now? MMA, UFC more specifically but lets go MMA, Joe has that MMA style of charaqcter all they have to do is push him like a real badd ass fighter, after all what was one of tNA's biggest PPV draws? Joe Vs. Angle in a MMA hyped match, right now Joe could be in the midst of a 5 month program doing what TNA tried to get Kurt to do by taking out the top 10 ranked wrestlers, if Joe had done that and instead of a dumb retirement sub plot actually just di it straight up, Joe could have lost to 1 or 2 guys and you then hype the rematches with Joe tearing through unranked guys to "train" and it's not every week but every other week he wrestles the following week he gets time to cut a simple promo hyping the match himself and the TNA Title.

it's so simple Joe could be a top draw for TNA but they want to force the ex WWE guys down our throat and Abyss, Joe's like AJ he's the future of TNA but they are worlds apart, AJ can be the guy in personal rivalries and gimmicky matches, Joe's the opposite Joe should 90% of the time be treated with the aura of it's business, think how refreshing it would be to have a World champion who'se focus is being the World Champion because it means he's the best as oppsed to guys wanting the belt because they want the money or the power or yadda yadda, not every title reign needs to be reminiscent of the late 90's not every champion is Austin or Rock.

I think TNA keep missing the boat with Joe he's not the average wrestler he's unique and he's interesting and so simple to book if TNA could get their heads out of their asses long enough to see that then maybe their business would improve.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
If I was booking BFG I'd put him with Jarrett in another tag match or whatever, but mid-match have him destroy Jarrett and then beat Nash/Sting on his own. Have him destroy them too and put all 3 guys out for(ever) a long time. Then they can say Joe took out 3 TNA legends blahblahblah.

Jarrett is the only one that can still go in the ring. Nash is still valuable for his mic skills, personally I think he would be much better on commentary than Taz is. Sting cut some good promos this year, but he clearly can't go in the ring anymore either.

This is really the only sensible way to use Joe given the current storyline of course knowing TNA they could completely drop this storyline and have him kidnapped by ninjas next week.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't know what they are ever really going to be able to do. All I've ever seen from him is the unstoppable tough guy gimmick. If he's not kicking everyone's ass a Its a dead end gimmick, you can't just be sacrificing all of your guys to Joe all of the time. And lets be honest, you can't make him the champion for an extended period and have him carry the company either, he looks like crap, has a very shallow character, and is a mediocre talker. Everything he does, Angle already does a lot better. So where can you really go with him? Great matches, but in the grand scheme of things, that only can take you so far. He needs do develop some kind of range, his character is too one dimensional.
Yeah, I agree with all of this. Joe should be a monster in the X-Division or once AJ loses the TV Title give him a long run with that belt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts