Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simplistic topic:

What style of wrestling would you like to see WWE use more often in matches?

Personally, I would like to see the newer death match style that BJW uses in their tag matches. It's a lot more violent, but I think WWE would do gangbusters at a big PPV by using light tube inspired stipulations once every 2-3 years.

Here's an example:

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
LOL "gangbusters"? Deathmatches have never and will never be a mainstream draw. WWE would also lose their sponsors and PPV providers by promoting them. They would also risk losing the thousands/millions of dollars, that they invest in performers, by putting them in these unsafe matches.

I don't know why I'm telling you this tbh. You already know. You're just using this "discussion" as a very clever method of promoting your youtube channel.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
So basically, it's Jap CZW? Actually, these guys are good in the ring, so it's better than the awful, awful combat zone.

Just out of noobish curiosity not all Japanese wrestling is like this is it? I haven't really seen Japanese wrestling before.

EDIT: Fair play though, I've watched all half hour of it now and I actually enjoyed it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Less obviously "fake" shit. In todays MMA-saturated world it's a lot harder to stomach a lot of goofy pro-wrestling spots then it used to be.

Some examples:

- "sleeper holds" make me cringe. Having a rear naked choke or similar applied does not make you fall asleep, it makes you freak out and tap as you can't breathe.

- related to the above, the schtick of the wrestler gathering energy from the crowd during restholds, or just standing up and somehow forcing his opponent to stand up. I understand rest-holds are needed, but it'd make sense to make it look a bit more like a jiu-jitsu stalemate than what happens now.

- lame spots off the ropes. Only truly athletic guys can amuse me with this.

- really ridiculous throws where it's obvious the opponent has to cooperate. I don't mind a quick suplex or power bomb, but the Davey Boy Smith style vertical suplex, and the thing where they hold the opponent above their head needs to go.

- more matt-wrestling

- less stomps. I say this mainly because 90% of people that attempt them make them look painfully fake (looking at Randy here), so it'd be easier to just make a kayfabe rule panning them:p

- no more chops or "european uppercuts". those things are just lame.

In general, i would like wrestling matches to look more like shootfights...albeit ridiculous over the top shoot-fights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts