Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last year i have been interested in 2 story lines. Although i prefer TNa to WWe, both were from the WWE with the Nexus & Punk promo. Nothing TNA has done has made me thought "will have to watch next week and see what happens".

I see a lot of people say that TNA copy WWE or recycle old story lines. So what would you suggest TNA could do in terms of shock/story line/surprise/originality that would make it "must see".

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Some of us have been watching long enough to see WWE, TNA, WCW & the rest recycle their own & each other's storylines countless times.

Have Immortal invade the WWE & kidnap Vince McMahon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Copy the CM Punk angle with AJ Styles to get him over as a main eventer.
Refer to Hogan as "Terry"
"Was it your idea to fire Amazing Red?"
"I'm a better entertainer than you are."
*Win the X-Division title and vow to take it to WWE or ROH"
*Return 2 weeks later without doing any of that*

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
One that involves non-WWE/WCW guys spotlighted in such a way that they can progress to a higher spot on the card. They're doing this with Crimson but he has a way to go. Other guys are ready and able now... Roode, Shelley, Pope, etc. I don't care about AJ/Daniels because we all know it's just a time killer feud. I don't care about any storyline with backstory dating to 1997. I just want to see new characters develop and become major players... not major players that need to buddy buddy with WWE/WCW names, but major players in and of themselves.

·
Registered
22,772 Posts
Madison Rayne getting a male wrestler and using a "obscure" wrestling stipulation that she can be a champion by proxy and getting her guy to win the belt and brag how she is the world champ. She isn't and no one takes her as the champ but her, but she just makes life hell for the face contender going for the title

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Why should TNA rip off cm punk if they are making "worked shoots" since 2002?

1. X division rises... alex shelley gets into eric's face and tells him he's against the weight limit because the x division is about no limits. Eric says the x division was a bunch of vanilla midgets doing stunts in the ring so putting a weight limit on it makes no difference. Shelley gets angry and says the network doesn't agree with him.
After no surrender austin aries gets the x division title from kendrick with kid kash help. They beat down kendrick and shelley makes the save.
Next impact bishoff announces he's changing the title to "TNA light heavyweight championship" giving austin aries a new belt. Shelley interrupts the segment saying aries is a tool and if the x division disappears this company could also change his name to WWE because it's the same only with worse people running it.
At Bound For Glory eric "books" austin aries vs kid kash vs alex shelley, both kash and aries team up on shelley and take him out giving alex no chance of wining the title.
This is when dixie carter is chosen by the network as the x division manager giving her some kind of power in the company again. She brings back the x division belt and makes it no limits again, battle royal announced for the no.1 conterdership... alex wins it.
Alex Shelley vs Austin Aries (c)

2. Samoa Joe in Fortune?
Apparently joe taking out crimson wasn't an coincidence, he realized after being robbed 10 points after beating pope clean he had to choose a side and thanks to him roode and storm were able to get to the top 4 (of course after joe reveals this roode is world champion).
Joe says he's just a shadow of what he used to be and it all began when he taped out to kurt angle in 2006.
More than anything in this world he wants to make kurt angle tap out even if the last thing he does in his career.
The biggest draw in TNA's history (joe vs angle) is used again.
Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle

3. Bobby Roode the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, will fortune betray him?
After wining against various challengers like angle, austin aries, jeff hardy and mr. anderson.
AJ Styles wins a no.1 conterdership match against matt morgan for the TNA world title, roode starts to get "ego problems". Says he already proved he's the best of the 6 and AJ should make the "job" for him easier for fortune.
AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode (c)

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Why should TNA rip off cm punk if they are making "worked shoots" since 2002?
I agree they shouldn't rip off Punk, because that would be way too blatantly obvious. Difference between TNA's worked shoots and Punk's though is that Punk's was actually interesting and groundbreaking, TNA's are Russo's lame attempts at being cool and trying to appease the IWC.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Trust me, russo couldn't give a bigger shit about the IWC.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
He's all about entertaining himself.
If he plays with the IWC it's more about how to fuck with us over than to please us.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Doesn't matter if he's trying to "entertain" us (terrible job then mostly), or trying to piss us off. Both means he cares about the IWC, our opinion, a lot. Why the hell would you ruin your product JUST to piss a group of people off? You only do that when you actually do care. It's like a boy poking a girl and whatnot, and then says he doesn't care about her, but he actually has a crush, and tries to impress her.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Doesn't matter if he's trying to "entertain" us (terrible job then mostly), or trying to piss us off. Both means he cares about the IWC, our opinion, a lot. Why the hell would you ruin your product JUST to piss a group of people off? You only do that when you actually do care. It's like a boy poking a girl and whatnot, and then says he doesn't care about her, but he actually has a crush, and tries to impress her.
Interesting point but I don't think it's the case.
He already said he's tired of making "fake wrestling" shows and wants to make sitcoms but who knows what goes on in russo's head.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Losers Leave TNA Battle Royale whoever gets thrown out of the battle royale is gone from TNA for good.

gunner, rvd, bully ray, sting, devon and a mystery man. Devon wins and all the other people are gone from TNA but wait Samoa Joes comes out and throws that piece of trash Devon out. devon is gone. Samoa Joe wins thus taking out the trash in TNA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts