Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's painfully obvious that Punk's run out of things to say and that's caused him to lose a lot of the attention he had during MITB and SS.

All the non Lil Jimmies will try to cheer him on, because they're trying to keep a main eventer credible that's not named John Cena or Randy Orton because they're tired of the same old boring Superman character

Some are saying that the reason why Punk has become so stale in such a short amount of time, is because he has HBK/Jericho like freedom in his promos. If that is the case, here are a few things I think he should tweak.

Before MITB, Punk was edgy, different, disrespectful to authority figures and just a straight up bad ass. Now, ever since feuding with Triple H, Punk has become nothing more than a little whining bitch who's basically a glorified IWC member.

Punk needs to find a way to gain the fans' support without breaking kayfabe so much because it's getting old quick

Triple H needs to turn heel. Punk isn't completely at fault for his recent slump. I find that having Punk feuding with Face HHH so early on would only backfire. Because Punk isn't a solidified Main Eventer; Sure, he did have arguably one of the greatest promos of all time, but it's not enough to expect him to outpop Triple H every night. 2 months as a main eventer will never be able to compete against a Wrestling legend.
HHH should turn heel so that he could put Punk over, because this Face VS Face formula that Punk's been given since he's been put in the Main Event is not going to do him any good.

Triple H is just too good on the mic: Last night's RAW made CM Punk look like a pussy. Triple H rips Punk a new asshole with his promo, then Punk runs out of material and attacks him with the mic. For most adults, they'll know it's because Punk didn't have anything shocking to reply to HHH, but to kids, he just looks like sore loser, and no kid is ever gonna look up to coward

Although the match at NOC would lose it's value, I think they should have battled to hype up their match at NOC, because Punk's mic work isn't winning the audience over. A classic, Grade A, 15 - 20 minute TV match will definitely get the crowd on Punk's side if he somehow won. (Whatever happened to Triple H's return to the ring that WWE advertised 2 weeks ago?)

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that matter, what have you been thinking about Punk recently?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Legit beat the SHIT out of someone. Everyone knows that he can speak his mind, it's cool but he needs more than that.

Stone Cold spoke his mind but also backed it up by being a tough bastard as well. It seems like when CM Punk speaks no one takes him seriously and when he says "I'm going to kick your ass!" people just laugh at him.

Have him make an example of someone, out wrestle them and win clean. After one match he is assaulted but CM Punk gains the upper hand and BEATS THE FUCK out of them. I want to see him hurt people with moves too instead of just words.

·
Registered
241 Posts
have him be a martyr to his cause, have HHH snap at NoC...showing even more that he can't keep business seperate from his personal vendetta...by trying to injure punk and end his career (which would be "bad for business" which proves punk's point even more)

·
Registered
61 Posts
LMFAO WTF did u not watch the ending promo of raw that was one of the best promos punk has ever cut and u say REfukinGAIN his popularity **FACEPALM**

·
Banned
161 Posts
are you stupid? punk is getting cheered harder then ever gtfo

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMFAO WTF did u not watch the ending promo of raw that was one of the best promos punk has ever cut and u say REfukinGAIN his popularity **FACEPALM**
Sorry, Triple H completely carried that promo, Punk was meant to have something shocking to say to HHH, but he was clearly out of material, so his last resort was to assault him.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Sorry, Triple H completely carried that promo, Punk was meant to have something shocking to say to HHH, but he was clearly out of material, so his last resort was to assault him.
tripple h carried bahahaa he kept going back to the fans because he had nothing punk killed him and did you hear the fans they were marking out for punk you are so dillusional go back to cenation

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
He could say nice things about the Rock and become popular with all the idiots,morons and trolls that have joined this forum in the last few months.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
cm punk still gets cheered.........................in 5 cities in North America

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tripple h carried bahahaa he kept going back to the fans because he had nothing punk killed him and did you hear the fans they were marking out for punk you are so dillusional go back to cenation
Cena was getting better pops than Punk last night (Just compare entrances), and believe me, I hate John Cena. But it's become quite obvious that Punk isn't on the same level that he was on.

·
sXe_extremist is a gimp
509 Posts
HHH owned that promo, Punk did look weak, like he didnt know what to say, I love Punk but yup, HHH is looking stronger just now

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry, I've got to be breif because I have to go out but I'll be returning to this thread for a proper ramble and discussion later on tonight maye. But for now:

I have no earthly idea what OP is talking about. Regain his popularity? Did you hear the crowd last night? His popularity is there and it's not going anywhere. sure he's not being booked to look like Stone Cold or John Cena, but the storyline is progressing slowly and he's not losing anybody. Hell, I've got my brother switching on his TV now for MOnday Night Raw and he thinks CM Punk is phenomenal.

I'm an adult and yeah, I figured he just hit HHH with the microphone because there was nothing planned there to say, but so what? None of it is real, it's not going to make me lose respect for Punk. I have to say, I loved this promo, no matter how irrelevant it became. Smarks are starting to get a voice on the big screen (dunno whether that's good or bad, haha) and reality is being laced into the product.

I'm not a casual fan anymore, seeing as I'm a member on this forum, but let me tell you, not many people analyze this shit the IWC does. CM Punk has a GROWING fanbase. sure Cena loyalists will boo him, so what. No one gets bored and denounces Punk just because he spent 2 minutes pretending to puke. Perhaps members of the IWC have preferences that fickle, but most fans don't. This feud is epic and last night's promo set up Night of Champions with some excitement.

I know, I know, if this was Attitude Era, HHH and CM Punk already would've kicked the shit out of eachother about 12 times already, but this isn't. They are transitioning from a primary target audience of children into a new Era so it will be a little bumpy. And if you don't like it, fine. By all means, put your opinion out there.

But please stop pretending that CM Punk loses and gains fans in perfect correlation with your own opinion of him, because, as I've mentioned, not many people analyze wrestling the way IWC does.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
TOTAL control on the mic.
I'm sorry to be the one telling you this but punk CAN'T say whatever he wants.

CM Punk: "I want change!"
HHH: "what for example?"
CM Punk: "ice cream bars"

really punk? after one of the most of the shitty RAW's of all time you are going to bitch about ice cream bars?

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
He needs a heel and a cause. The fans need to want to see him fight back, which is never going to happen against this incarnation of Triple H. I'd like to say it could happen if he were to turn heel, but I'm not even sure the WWE can make the type of heel we need any more. We need cruelty, unfairness, viciousness. Triple H can do it, certainly, but will he get the opportunity? When was the last time we saw a heel beat down a face to such an extent that we desperately wanted to see that face fight back the following week? I literally don't remember it. All the same, we need it.

As for the cause, Punk lost his when Nash decided to waste our time as usual. Pissing away a couple of weeks on a story that never went anywhere was always going to harm Punk's momentum. There's only so much filler material someone can make interesting, and we've spent a good 8 weeks now on Triple H and Punk agitatedly disagreeing over things. We're not covering any new ground, we're not making any progress and the excitement is leaking out of the story, which is a shame, because it has a lot of potential and I personally believe Punk deserves better.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Legit beat the SHIT out of someone. Everyone knows that he can speak his mind, it's cool but he needs more than that.

Stone Cold spoke his mind but also backed it up by being a tough bastard as well. It seems like when CM Punk speaks no one takes him seriously and when he says "I'm going to kick your ass!" people just laugh at him.

Have him make an example of someone, out wrestle them and win clean. After one match he is assaulted but CM Punk gains the upper hand and BEATS THE FUCK out of them. I want to see him hurt people with moves too instead of just words.
This.. i have been saying this for weeks! If he doesnt do that, he will become a guy who is all talk and no stubstance!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem with Punk is that he claims to be the "voice of the voiceless" and wants to bring change but so far he has only complained about things that benefit him. He wants his face on cups and ice cream for Christs sake. Every single promo he has cut in the last 2 months have been about him and how he is the best and deserves to be at the top. I can't remember one argument he has made that wouldn't just benefit him and I don't know if that's because it's scripted or because he is shooting but if this feud is going to continue then they need to seriously rethink their strategy when it comes to promos or else people will start to question all of his repetitive arguments

1 - 20 of 119 Posts