Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On December 18th we will see two marquee title matches for NXT Television. Shayna Bazsler defending her title against Rhea Ripley & Adam Cole defending his title against either Keith Lee, Finn Balor or Tomasso Ciampa. Now I pose the question to you guys is which match should main event. I think we all assume Rhea Ripley will win the title off of Shayna while Adam Cole will retain. Now the question is, do you start the night off with a big title change to pop the show and ratings or do you have Cole & whoever start the show off with a banger of a match to pop ratings and save the title change for the end of the show? What do you guys think?

·
The EST of NXT
28,496 Posts
Rhea should main event. It'll make the women's division feel like the big deal that it is. It's also a smart way to retain viewers throughout the night. I'm definitely tuning out if she goes on early and loses.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
I assume Rhea is winning the title, so the women.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,143 Posts
Whichever match has a big title change should main event. My prediction and hope is Rhea Ripley beats Shayna Baszler for the title therefore you close the show with the Women's Title match.

Adam Cole defending the NXT Title will be a great match to kickoff the show going head-to-head with AEW Dynamite, ala the match with Matt Riddle a few weeks ago. Especially if Keith Lee or Finn Balor are involved.

·
Premium Member
16,727 Posts
I want to see both, but Rhea a bit more because I don't know if she'll win. It's 50/50 for me.

There are many other factors than just "will ABC win the title; then it should main event":

1) who is debuting within the next few months?
2) Is someone planning to go to the main roster?
3) Match placement on the show. Start with a happy heel loss or end with a happy heel loss, etc.
4) Is someone injured but expected to return to win the title later?

and so on.

·
7,934 Posts
Cole's matches tend to be quite spotty, and I don't see him dropping the title yet so it'll probably be a good spotlight for him and presumably Lee which would be a hot start. Agreed that Rhea winning the strap would be the ideal way to ME and close the show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts