Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's Vince's old territory mindset. Back in the territory days you needed to have a trusted top guy who would never jump to a rival promotion, and a lot of times the most trusted person was the promoters son - HHH goes over everybody so nobody could ever leave to a rival promotion and be sold as a big deal because WWE would have footage of HHH beating them.
Disagree....

HHH went over people because he wanted to cement his legacy.

HHH going over Punk or Lesnar was pointless.

You're an Old Guy whose Semi-retired. No one wants to see you beat the Rising Stars. They wanna see the rising stars beat you.

You're not Hogan, Rock, SCSA, or Taker. No one wants to see HHH. But HHH insists that he's Undertaker 2.0.

Just retire old man

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Triple H beat Shelton Benjamin in a Beat The Clock match before NYR 05.

According to Punk, Triple H was going to put him over at WM 30.
No one wanted to see that....

Thats probably HHH selling point...

Have him go over Superstar at the top of his game/popularity.

Then a few years later tell the guy that he'll put him over at WM to give him the HHH rub.

I can see it now at WM31 Reigns wins the Title and at WM32 he's facing HHH.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Disagree....

You're an Old Guy whose Semi-retired. No one wants to see you beat the Rising Stars. They wanna see the rising stars beat you.

You're not Hogan, Rock, SCSA, or Taker. No one wants to see HHH. But HHH insists that he's Undertaker 2.0.

Just retire old man

:applause

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I personally like the fact Triple H rarely loses because its more meaningful when someone finally beats him clean. I also like heels that don't have to cheat to win. I'm an old fashioned wrestling enthusiast.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
That made it or got squashed because remember Triple H beats everyone! I think he never beat Cena or Batista though.
Hunter has beaten Cena. Night of Champions 2008 and the go home RAW for Bragging Rights in 2009. Batista im not sure about. I don't even know if Hunter and Batista had a singles match after the Cell match in 2005

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hunter has beaten Cena. Night of Champions 2008 and the go home RAW for Bragging Rights in 2009. Batista im not sure about. I don't even know if Hunter and Batista had a singles match after the Cell match in 2005
Oh I went 2-3 years without watching wrestling as a silent protest over the death of benoit. I was really pissed i had to miss Orton vs Cena for the 1st time, which i always looked forward to once both became World Champions. I heard their feud at the time was really good, but I never saw that or Legacy. Taker vs Michaels brought me back permanently and I also tuned in to see Flair's retirement, then continued my protest.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am also currently boycotting the network as a show of defiance for their lack of quality as of late. See WWE expected fans like me and others to be their bread and butter for their network, yet us their lifelong base is exactly who they are currently not catering to all in favor of trying to always desperately appeal to the mainstream. It's when wrestling doesn't care about the mainstream that it always becomes cool.

I am currently not a part of the network though i may now join just to watch Sting. Yet this could be a testament to how many others choose not to subscribe despite being lifelong enthusiasts of the product. Just look at the way they mismanaged the entire Punk situation and you can tell why wrestling fans are pissed. It was so obvious we told them "We want Punk vs Bryan at Mania for the title"! Vince and company said "Fuck you Batista is in the new Guardians of tha Galazy and we want to ride off their coattails." They could have done both, but lately WWE responds to its fans like a senseless dictatorship.

In the end, Marvel barely even mentioned them. What was the point?

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Oh I went 2-3 years without watching wrestling as a silent protest over the death of benoit. I was really pissed i had to miss Orton vs Cena for the 1st time, which i always looked forward to once both became World Champions. I heard their feud at the time was really good, but I never saw that or Legacy. Taker vs Michaels brought me back permanently and I also tuned in to see Flair's retirement, then continued my protest.
2007 Orton/Cena was good probably the only time they feuded when it was good. You didn't miss much in the 2009 feud it was 5 PPVs of them doing back and forth title switches on every PPV. As for Cena/HHH those are the only 2 matches I recall that Hunter beat him in but there might be more. They wrestled on a June 09 RAW as well but don't remember the finish.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,418 Posts
I guess you weren't watching around wrestlemania 19
I watched back then, and sure storyline wise it made sense to have Booker win, but Booker T as your #1 guy...he's someone who simply didn't have "it" to be the top guy.

Disagree....

Just retire old man
Who's HHH beat since he's gone into his semi retirement? Lesnar once...and that was to really build up a feud. Brock still won the feud 2-1 which is more entertaining than a clean sweep for Brock. Other than that HHH has recently put over Bryan at Mania and endlessly jobbed to the Shield. If you're going to complain at least complain about something close to the truth. Acting like he's squashing all the up and comers when all he's done is lose them this year is just mindless complaining.

HHH beating Punk was pointless though, killed Punks momentum but maybe that was the Es way of trying to get Punk in line and help him learn he's not bigger than the WWE.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The Shield, Daniel Bryan, and Benoit.
yeah but he made damn sure he looked strong in his authority feuds with D BRY & the Shield

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I watched back then, and sure storyline wise it made sense to have Booker win, but Booker T as your #1 guy...he's someone who simply didn't have "it" to be the top guy.

Who's HHH beat since he's gone into his semi retirement? Lesnar once...and that was to really build up a feud. Brock still won the feud 2-1 which is more entertaining than a clean sweep for Brock. Other than that HHH has recently put over Bryan at Mania and endlessly jobbed to the Shield. If you're going to complain at least complain about something close to the truth. Acting like he's squashing all the up and comers when all he's done is lose them this year is just mindless complaining.

HHH beating Punk was pointless though, killed Punks momentum but maybe that was the Es way of trying to get Punk in line and help him learn he's not bigger than the WWE.
Booker T has everything trips has and more.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Booker T has everything trips has and more.
agreed 1000%

Booker was just another victim of being a former WCW guy that they deliberately DID NOT want to get over

it's a shame he had to rely on that KING BOOKAH gimmick to essentially keep his job & stay relelvant

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Only indy smarks hate on HHH sorry. It is the cool thing to do on the internet to try and act like you know about the business.

In reality if you actually watched wrestling back in the attitude era then you would know HHH never had a problem putting guys over. He never went over the rock clean. EVER. He needed interference to go over guys like Big Show. On Raws during his 2000 title reign (a great period for the WWF) he would need outside help to save him from mid card acts like the acolytes. He would be putting over talent every night. He rarely won clean.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of trying to act clever and hate on HHH because our favourite indy wrestler is bitter and abuses HHH to dirtsheets. RoadDog explained this bitterness that he had and admitted everyone does it. HHH never responds because he just lets all the slander and hate happen to him. Takes a real man to accept the abuse he gets (for no reason) and not need to strike back.

And HHH is the ONLY heel currently (except lesnar) who CAN PUT PEOPLE OVER. He put bryan over and made him into a star. If he is jobbing to bums like ziggler every week then it wont mean anything when he needs to put over a genuine talent such as Batista or even Bryan.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts