Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a JBL inspired thread

A few months before JBL won the WWE championship in 2004, he was pratically a lower midcarder. He was eliminated first in the royal rumble and was Bradshaw as part of the APA. Then with one gimmick change a month after Mania he was instantly built up as main eventer.

IMO he was a strong champion, his feud with Eddie was amazing, the matches and the promos. His mic skills....I dont even have to explain

No one could say the saw it coming.

My question to you is what wrestlers UNDER upper-mid card status so not Morrison, Ziggler etc. could pull off being a credible WWE champion this year, if WWE allowed them to

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Your question just made me realize that the answer is nobody. The only one I see on the roster that even remotely could one day hold a world title and is under upper mid-card status is Rhodes. I would have also said Regal, but he is so terribly out of shape.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your question just made me realize that the answer is nobody. The only one I see on the roster that even remotely could one day hold a world title and is under upper mid-card status is Rhodes. I would have also said Regal, but he is so terribly out of shape.

but could honestly say you saw Bradshaw before Mania 04 even keeping his job let alone becoming a dominant WWE champion?

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
The beauty of wrestling is that ANYONE can do it. The right gimmick, the right place and time we could be watching Zack Ryder repackaged as a badass heel and praying for him to win the belt if its done right.

The Ringmaster was terrible, so was Hunter Hearst Helmsley & Rocky Maivia.

But to answer your question Cody Rhodes has got something special so does Drew McIntyre.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I don't consider guys like Kofi, Drew, JoMo, etc. to be "random midcarders" since they've had title shots in the past and are already straddling the upper card anyways, so I'm going to keep it to true mid/lower card status guys.

David Hart Smith
Daniel Bryan
Mason Ryan (only a matter of time unless he screws up)
Chris Masters
Michael Tarver
Skip Sheffield
Ted DiBiase, Jr.
Tyson Kidd
Zack Ryder
Cody Rhodes (Not really random, but not quite at "upper card" status yet... maybe after Mania).
Ezekiel Jackson
Tyler Reks
Mark Henry (long-time employee, plus think of the RATINGS)

Please don't confuse this list with people I personally want to see as a World Champion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Daniel Bryan (could, and probably will, get a Benoit-esque "career appreciation" reward type reign before the end.)

Mason Ryan (It's clear he will be pushed to the top heavily eventually.)

Justin Gabriel (A bit of a reach, but given his in-ring skills and moveset, there is some potential for a random explosion of overness amongst kids as a face to get a Jeff Hardy push.)

Skip Sheffield (Given his size, youth, and the way he was being booked before he was injured, this is also a matter of time.)

Tyler Reks (Has the size, look, and presence to be pushed hard to the top as a psychotic heel. He's athletic, has a brutal-looking moveset, and one of the 5 best-looking finishers in the WWE right now. If they actually gave him some TV time on RAW or Smackdown and the mic time to develop and flesh out a character, it could and should happen.)

Sheamus (he's technically dropped considerably down the card right?) :p

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Tyson Kidd has got a tonne of potential. Unfortunately he's a little small, he reminds me of Crash Holly.

Danial Bryan is already well on his way. No other mid-carder has a resume like his.

Cody Rhodes is doing great as well.

Would like to see something substantial done with Ted Dibiase

David Hart Smith needs to get mean. Use that power to his advantage.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts