Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a few minutes of the latest interview that CM Punk did on the Abe Kanan radio show. As a heads-up, Paul Heyman was interviewed for Punk's DVD and will be at Titan Towers in a couple weeks to sit down with Punk and do commentary on some of the matches.

Punk also told a funny story about how after his match at Survivor Series, he walked by the Rock and said "follow that, a**hole." He wasn't even sure that the Rock knew who he was at the time. This picture from backstage at Mania is him saying the same thing to him. However, by this point they had already "talked it out", so it was more of a joke.

CM Punk also talked about how much he is involved in his DVD project, going as far as to approach the bands that he knows in order to use their music in the project. He said if he is telling his life story, he wants to make sure to use music that was important to him at that point in time.
Source: PWinsider.com

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
No, he's not. In fact, I wish Ziggler was still telling people to follow that, while in the middle of the ring.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Wow. The way Punk keeps talking about The Rock in interviews I can't help but think that he's just laying the seeds for a match.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rock is really too nice to these guys, but when you are living the life dwayne johnson is it's gotta be easy to rise above hate :cool2

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Maybe Rock should've worn the Rise Above Hate shirts. But then again, if I was living his life, I wouldn't give a shit what anyone told me. Typical Punk, though.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
You don't normally get wrestlers of today going over to vets and legends of the business and calling them assholes. Especially legends like The Rock.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
i think it's bullshit , somehow i can't imagine punk saying that to Rock .. but if that was true , then punk is a dick in real life

and before some random punk mark approaches with the old "LOL AT ROCK MARKZ TAKING DIS SERIOUSLY" , one question : what would you think had the ultimate IWC demon , matt hardy , did that ?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Rock and Punk are cool I'm sure.

IWC seems to have been worked into believing they have to choose sides and can't like both guys.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't even remember what match Punk had at Survivor Series, but I do remember Rock tearing it up against Miz and R-Truth though. (Cena was there too)

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
funny part is, not only did Rock "follow it" He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand like always
yeah this is what i don't get about the whole "stealing the show" concept

like saying that Randy vs Steamboat stole the show at WM 3 , no it didn't , when people returned home they didn't talk about the IC title match , all the buzz was about Hogan lifting Andre and slamming him .. that's what stole the show

kind of like SS , the most memorable thing of the show was The Rock , the MSG crowd was chanting "YOU STILL GOT IT " and "Welcome Back" to Rock , hell his arm drag combo to Miz and Truth got the biggest pop of the night

that's what "stole the show" means , the highlight of the show

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
That's pretty classless even for Punk's standards. He's lucky The Rock didn't leave him with a swollen jaw.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Punk's match at survivor series was indeed better than The Rock's but it was kinda dickish if he actually said that.

I'm all for guys having a chip on their shoulder though. I'm sure if he said that to HBK he would've said "I will" and went on to have the match of the night. If guys felt like they had to outperform each other that would make for a better product to be honest.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.