Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Well if you think of a 15,000 seater stadium, I doubt that even 1500 would be forum contributors or lurkers. I'd say less than 10% but I have no way of quantifying that.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd gather that most of the audience THINKS they are above the markish masses like most people THINK they know how Penn and Teller do all of their tricks. I don't think there is any way to know how many people are true smarks (very, very small number I'm sure) vs the # of people who have watched for decades and know at least a thing or two vs dronish IWC adherents who think they know more than they do and are every bit as populist as they believe themselves to be nonconformist (you know- the wrestling hipster types that just refuse to cheer for anybody that the kids like, no matter what and want absolutely everyone to turn heel). At various times, I confess to being in every single one of the above categories. How do you count guys like me in your tally? :)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I'd say it's around 1/4th (25%).

I'd also venture to say WWE doesn't get anywhere near 25% of their annual income from them either, so it confuses me as to why WWE caters to their majority wishes so much (and yes, I know I'm a smark).

Reactions: Showstopper

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

·
Weird Heel Run
1,142 Posts
Just to let you know that you are part of the IWC...
Technically, yes...I am on the internet, and I follow wrestling. But obviously, there's a deeper meaning when referring to IWC and smart marks.

I'm a wrestling fan that uses the internet, but I can still enjoy the product without nitpicking every single aspect of the show. I don't feel the urge to have heatless guys get undeserving pushes, or to sabotage the biggest star (Cena) since Steve Austin. I don't think that every undercard guy needs to get a world title push, nor do I think that Dean Ambrose can be inserted into the main event scene and things wouldn't miss a beat... I don't think that a 6 way title match consisting of Cesaro, Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Rollins, Ziggler, and Mark Henry would be the biggest match since Hogan/Andre... I don't...well, you get the point.

We all know what is being implied when someone uses IWC or Smart Mark.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Technically, yes...I am on the internet, and I follow wrestling. But obviously, there's a deeper meaning when referring to IWC and smart marks.

I'm a wrestling fan that uses the internet, but I can still enjoy the product without nitpicking every single aspect of the show. I don't feel the urge to have heatless guys get undeserving pushes, or to sabotage the biggest star (Cena) since Steve Austin. I don't think that every undercard guy needs to get a world title push, nor do I think that Dean Ambrose can be inserted into the main event scene and things wouldn't miss a beat... I don't think that a 6 way title match consisting of Cesaro, Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Rollins, Ziggler, and Mark Henry would be the biggest match since Hogan/Andre... I don't...well, you get the point.

We all know what is being implied when someone uses IWC or Smart Mark.
Smart Mark being an Oxymoron but I get what you are saying. IWC is different to "smart mark". I am IWC, you are IWC and everyone on this forum is IWC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts