Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last several years, WWE has been losing 15% of its audience annually. Do you think they will be able to reverse the trend? Or do you think the pattern will continue and their viewership will continue to plummet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the last several years, WWE has been losing 15% of its audience annually. Do you think they will be able to reverse the trend? Or do you think the pattern will continue and their viewership will continue to plummet?
I think it can be calculated but I don't know how can I calculate it quickly..

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think its gone too downhill to even reverse. In the 90's people like Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Mankind, Kane, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Big Boss Man, Jake the Snake Roberts, etc, were there. Great theme songs, great story lines, huge crowd reactions, etc. I watched it religiously back than and it was awesome.

Then the year 2000 came... and it went downhill. WCW went out of business. WWE was at its best in the 90's, and hasn't been the same since.

How do you get WWE back in its prime? Fire most of the wrestlers there now. Bring back the wrestlers I mentioned. Bring back Sable, Trish, Lita, Victoria, etc. Then once it becomes more like the good old days it will be in its prime again. I'm sorry but that's the truth. WWE at one time was a great show, but not after 2000, and not before the 90's. Make it more like the 90's and it'll improve.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,701 Posts
How do you get WWE back in its prime? Fire most of the wrestlers there now. Bring back the wrestlers I mentioned. Bring back Sable, Trish, Lita, Victoria, etc. Then once it becomes more like the good old days it will be in its prime again. I'm sorry but that's the truth.
So, your plan is to trot out yesteryear's stars well after their collective prime in an attempt to draw in lapsed fans and capitalize on name recognition? That's your plan?

Back to reality: they'll continue losing fans until they create a hero the fans believe in. Triple H and his ilk love to make excuses and blame a changing fanbase, but the fans didn't change - WWE itself changed and forgot how to create a hero.

Fans still want someone to root for, someone to believe in. Daniel Bryan was a phenomenon in 2013-2014, despite WWE's best efforts to slow him down. Cody Rhodes is BELOVED as a pure white meat babyface in 2020. Don't tell me fans can't buy into a character like that. They can if you give them reason to. Give fans a hero they actually like and believe in, and the audience will come back.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So, your plan is to trot out yesteryear's stars well after their collective prime in an attempt to draw in lapsed fans and capitalize on name recognition? That's your plan?

View attachment 83162

Back to reality: they'll continue losing fans until they create a hero the fans believe in. Triple H and his ilk love to make excuses and blame a changing fanbase, but the fans didn't change - WWE itself changed and forgot how to create a hero.

Fans still want someone to root for, someone to believe in. Daniel Bryan was a phenomenon in 2013-2014, despite WWE's best efforts to slow him down. Cody Rhodes is BELOVED as a pure white meat babyface in 2020. Don't tell me fans can't buy into a character like that. They can if you give them reason to. Give fans a hero they actually like and believe in, and the audience will come back.
Bingo. You should get praise for this post, best one Ive read in months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.