Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is not knowing it exists really the problem? Or is it a bad product? Im still of the belief that TNA needs to advertise more, but more in terms of hyping their product and making it seem important rather than just the issue of making itself known to the wrestling community.

Now of course I dont have any real numbers but I can tell you from my experience, every wrestling fan I've met in my area knows what TNA is. they either love it because they hate the WWE, watch it and also watch the WWE, or they think it just flat out sucks and don't watch it all.

Anyway personally Im not convinced that not having their name out there is the problem. They've been here for what 8 years? Honestly I think people know about it they just don't wanna watch it because they think it sucks or they're just that loyal to the WWE. I mean I really don't think its that hard for you to get your name out there the point is to get people to watch it and enjoy it.

True story my 11 and 8 year old nieces who watch WWE know TNA exists but, they don't wanna watch it because they feel its boring and there are too many old guys.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Most wrestling fans know it exists. The problems are the Impact Zone, taping a months worth of shows in 2 days and targeting an audience that doesn't watch wrestling anymore.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most wrestling fans know it exists. The problems are the Impact Zone, taping a months worth of shows in 2 days and targeting an audience that doesn't watch wrestling anymore.
FINALLY someone else also believes this. I've been saying this ever since 09 and nobody knew where I was coming from.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Before I started watching TNA, I used to flick to the channel to see if anything was happening, watch 5 mins of wtf then give up. Only reason I'm a fan now is because a friend convinced me to be patient and give it a shot.
Pretty sure this applies to most other wrestling fans who've stopped watching, TNA needs to be constantly engaging, episodes where nothing is happening in the lead up to a Russo swerve don't achieve anything.

·
Registered
737 Posts
thats a load of bullshit

1. a ton of guys i talk to old school wrestling fans stopped watching wrestling after ecw/wcw went out of business and wwf became crap. They love the old school guys like sting, nash , 3d, angle and they had no idea they still wrestling. when i told tell them they in a company called tna none of them had any idea and all (and i mean all) of them said they would definately start watching tna.

2. that audience doesnt watch wrestling anymore because WWE is a load of crap, i wouldnt watch wrestling either if i didnt know tna existed and thought wwe was my only option. thank god for tna

·
Registered
593 Posts
Most people know it but they are biased. WWE knows how to keep fans. Since many of them are naive little kids.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Depends on what we're calling the 'wrestling fanbase.' If we're talking those who currently watch some form of wrestling product, be that WWE/TNA/ROH/Whatever, it's probably 40% worldwide, 60% in the US as a total. If we're including those who watched in the MNW era as part of the fanbase since they're still 'potential' fans, then it's actually probably only 15% Worldwide, 40% in the US.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Depends on what we're calling the 'wrestling fanbase.' If we're talking those who currently watch some form of wrestling product, be that WWE/TNA/ROH/Whatever, it's probably 40% worldwide, 60% in the US as a total. If we're including those who watched in the MNW era as part of the fanbase since they're still 'potential' fans, then it's actually probably only 15% Worldwide, 40% in the US.
This is what I was aiming for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
thats a load of bullshit

1. a ton of guys i talk to old school wrestling fans stopped watching wrestling after ecw/wcw went out of business and wwf became crap. They love the old school guys like sting, nash , 3d, angle and they had no idea they still wrestling. when i told tell them they in a company called tna none of them had any idea and all (and i mean all) of them said they would definately start watching tna.

2. that audience doesnt watch wrestling anymore because WWE is a load of crap, i wouldnt watch wrestling either if i didnt know tna existed and thought wwe was my only option. thank god for tna
+1 for this.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
thats a load of bullshit

WCW been dead for 9 years going on a decade, those guys are not consider part of the wrestling fanbase anymore. They do not count.

Over 3 million fans watch TNA Impact January 4th at one point. Half of those fans disappear. With the INTERNET, most people know TNA exist they just don't want to watch it. The internet is in everybody household these days even on their cell phones.

Everybody knows UFC exist,they are on the same network getting the same type of ratings. I find it hard to believe fans know UFC exist but don't know TNA exist.

99.9% knows TNA exist.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thats a load of bullshit

1. First of all what percentage of the WCW former fans out there would want to watch two 50 year olds like Hall and Sting wrestle in 2010? Im sure they may tune in because of them but I doubt they'd keep watching seeing as these guys are freakin embarrassing in the ring. Plus it wouldn't matter anyway because they are now gone.

Second of all Angle has been in TNA since 2006 and the Dudleys since 2005. Your telling me its taking more than 5 years for your friends to randomly discover that Kurt Angle and Team 3D are still wrestling but in another promotion? Not only that Kurt Angle and Team 3D have never been huge draws. You wont get a huge influx of new fans with just a guy like Angle or a team like Team 3D. I mean I love Angle but the truth is he is only a draw within the IWC nothing more. TNA has promoted both Angle and Team 3D to death and fans still haven't tuned in.

2. or because of UFC.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Whatever percentage iMPACT's 1.5-1.7 million is of RAW's max fanbase (4.6-4.8 million). So around 32-35%.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Second of all Angle has been in TNA since 2006 and the Dudleys since 2005. Your telling me its taking more than 5 years for your friends to randomly discover that Kurt Angle and Team 3D are still wrestling but in another promotion?
I did not no untill last October that they were in it lol. I did stop watching any sort of wrestling as soon as WCW went of of the window. I herd of TNA a few years back but never started to watch it untill last October and never mist a week Ive seen bits of wwe over the last 3years and I find TNA much more entertaining. Watching some old guys is embarrassing but I like it I do no its not everybodys cup of tea though.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Whatever percentage iMPACT's 1.5-1.7 million is of RAW's max fanbase (4.6-4.8 million). So around 32-35%.
They just don't want to watch TNA. I'm pretty sure 95% of TNA audience knows Ring of Honor HDNET exist, how many people are watching that show?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probally not many bc not everyone gets HDNET!!
If we're using TNA fans as a basis:

Its safe to assume that at least 70% of TNA fans are hardcore wrestling fans and belong to the 'smark' crowd.

Now if your a hardcore wrestling fan there is a 99.9% chance that you are aware of the many other indy promotions that exist.

ROH = most popular indy promotion.

So the chances of most TNA fans knowing ROH exists is very high. I wouldn't say 95% but probably around 70-80%.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If we're using TNA fans as a basis:

Its safe to assume that at least 70% of TNA fans are hardcore wrestling fans and belong to the 'smark' crowd.

Now if your a hardcore wrestling fan there is a 99.9% chance that you are aware of the many other indy promotions that exist.

ROH = most popular indy promotion.

So the chances of most TNA fans knowing ROH exists is very high. I wouldn't say 95% but probably around 70-80%.
you ask how many of them are watching the show ROH on HDNET..Ill say that probally 90% of TNA fans Know of ROH and other Indy Promotions..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sorry read your post wrong.

its all good...I think a good portion of TNA fans has heard of ROH bc in the Early years TNA and ROH shared talent when TNA was flying the NWA Banner. Hence that was the reason why CM Punk and others were on TNA weekly PPV program at that time.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
The same method can be apply to the WWE fanbase/TNA argument times 5x because while everybody doesn't get HDnet,everybody gets Spike TV. I doubt WWE fans is that clueless or out the bubble. I know the UFL and Arena Football exist, do I watch it? NO. Same logic

1 - 20 of 52 Posts