Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a very curious person who likes to learn more about the world, there are still places that I don't know much about other than the fact they exist. Generally speaking I have a vague idea of what a country is like and what is known for, a few of its key historical facts, what language they speak and what it looks and sounds like, etc.

With this in mind, here are the regions of the world that I know the least about:

1. Central Asia: All of the -stan countries. Barely anything comes to my mind. The ones I know the most about are Kazakhstan and Afghanistan, but I don't know much about them still. Now, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgystan? No clue. I keep mixing up their flags and forgetting the name of their capitals.

2. Oceania countries that aren't Australia and New Zealand: Basically Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia. Aka places like Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, new Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Fiji, etc.

3. The smaller Central American nations and islands: Like Saint Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, the Antilles, Trinidad & Tobago, Guatemala, Nicaragua, etc.

4. Suriname, French Guyana and Guyana: The three South American countries that I ALWAYS forget about.

What about you?

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
The dread City of Yian'Ho, the Plateau of Leng, and beyond it, Kadath in the Cold Waste

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Know the least about? Well, anywhere outside of the US honestly. I've never been outside of the US, always wanted to travel though. Watching TV shows and documentaries can only do so much, you won't truly know what a country is like until you actually visit it and are there for at least a few days.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I love geography and I'm constantly reading stuff about other countries and trying to find things out, I spend hours on Wiki reading articles haha.

But I haven't done that much traveling, my international travel over the last 5 or 6 years has been confined to the USA and Australia. I've visited the USA 9 times since 2013 so my knowledge of there is quite good at this point, plus I have a gigantic USA map on my bedroom wall.

I wish I could travel more but it's so expensive and I live in NZ where going anywhere means an international flight. My next trip is to Australia next month.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Here to plug the BBC World Service again hit that shit up if you wanna learn about interesting things going on all over the world

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Here to plug the BBC World Service again hit that shit up if you wanna learn about interesting things going on all over the world
I wouldn't believe anything the BBC says. You couldn't believe them even if their tounge was notarized.

Back on topic. I know little about Asia and Korea.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Imagine knowing so little about the world that you equate the BBC to the BBC world service, 2 separately edited services.

Back on topic. I know little about North Korea.

Reactions: Ninja Hedgehog

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts
Central Asia is a mystery to me, I know almost nothing about countries like Turkmenistan or Uzbekistan. There are also lots of these small islands around that you never hear anything about, Seychelles and Comoros in Africa or all those South Pacific islands.

Out of all those Mongolia is one that I would love to visit, apparently half the countries population lives in their capital city and most of the country is just nature. Sounds pretty cool

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
bit of a daft answer because there is nothing there anyway but point nemo, probably one area I have no desire to visit either being thousands of miles in every direction from the nearest landmass with the nearest humans being the people in the international space station.

I don't fuck with oceans at all. I can only imagine the fear of your fucking ship sinking out there. These people who travel across the oceans in small sailing boats are totally mad imo.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I know some about central Asia but that is mostly the geography and the greek period after alexander and later the encounters of the British Raj with the Afghans and Pakistanis and later on the Soviet reconquest of the Muslim central Asian provinces of the Russian empire, and later on again the chinese conquest and occupation of Tibet and the Sino Indian war of 1962. It is definitely somewhere I want to know more about theres a lot of interesting stuff political / military / economic history, culturally, natural history etc

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Does the ocean count? I'm big on learning on WTF is in the sea. Only like 10% of the ocean is explored. You know Godzilla or some shit lives down there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts