Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a matter of 3/4 weeks, we've had the return of 5 old charecters; Taker,HHH,Booker,Christian and the rock.

Vince came out and said a couple of weeks back that this WM would be one of the best ever, and looking at the card, no doubt it's going to be great, but there are no stand out matches especially after the Rock/Cena thing looks like its going to be just Cena v Miz special ref.
There are still the likes of Jericho and Bourne to return, who are expected to, but do you think Vince and WWE creative have at least one more big rock style return in them? or at least one big fued.

In my opinion, the match i cant wait to see is the Cena miz one, not because of the rock return but in general, i am big fans of both and believe that the writers can take this story further than WM

So, what do you think? Anymore returns in store in the weeks leading up to WM (next 2/3 weeks realistically to give them time to start a storyline)

· Registered
1,915 Posts
TBH this wrestlemania is looking really good, for the first time i am actually looking forward to more than just one match at a wrestlemania we got

Cena vs Miz with a possible rock implications
Edge vs ADR with possibly Christian added into the match
HHH vs Taker with or without HBK will be good
Orton vs Punk which excites me mainly because WWE actually took something from the past that was never resovled and made a fued out of it
MITB which is always an entertaining match
Lawler vs Cole is big possibility which would be very entertaining
and...Kelly Kelly & Trish vs LayCool which is just hopefully thinking on my part

IDk what else Vince has in mind but it can only help what could def. be a wrestlemania that is worth ordering for once.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
not sure but there better be atleast two more surprises that will make wrestlemania worth ordering.
if not looks like i'll be watching via steam again.

Reactions: VanHammerFan

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that the card is looking good already, but surely the addition of a couple of suprises is needed to make it what Vince described as 'one of the best ever'

I also forgot about the MITB match, this would also be one of the matches i am most looking forward to.

I don't think a stand out match is needed for me to buy it, as the spectacle of wrestlemania is enough.

This wrestlemania, given the chance i would definately buy tickets to it.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
looks like a poor event to me, if there's no MitB i'll be gutted, drinking games for that match are the best thing about Mania

· Registered
163 Posts
WWE will finally recognize that Mark Henry is their highest source of RATINGS when he works a promo with The Rock! It's going to happen, it's inevitable

Reactions: VanHammerFan

· Registered
10,291 Posts
The card doesn't look that great on paper, which is why the buyrates are gonna be down from last year, but I'm sure it is gonna be great, Edge vs ADR with the possibility of Chrisitan will deliver, Miz and Cena will deliver because Miz needs to prove that he deserves to be there and Cena will make sure they have a great match. Undertaker vs HHH will be a good match with a great buildup, especially if they put HHH's career on the line. Orton and Punk is going to be an okay match, the feud will end up being better than the actual match, but it's not gonna be horrible. Bryan vs Sheamus will be quite a good match, the MITB will deliver was always. The only throwaway matches will be the divas match and Cole vs Lawler, which will actaully end up being entertaining, as most people have wanted to see Cole get his ass handed to him for long time, so the crowd will be into this match.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The card doesn't look that great on paper, which is why the buyrates are gonna be down from last year, but I'm sure it is gonna be great, Edge vs ADR with the possibility of Chrisitan will deliver, Miz and Cena will deliver because Miz needs to prove that he deserves to be there and Cena will make sure they have a great match. Undertaker vs HHH will be a good match with a great buildup, especially if they put HHH's career on the line. Orton and Punk is going to be an okay match, the feud will end up being better than the actual match, but it's not gonna be horrible. Bryan vs Sheamus will be quite a good match, the MITB will deliver was always. The only throwaway matches will be the divas match and Cole vs Lawler, which will actaully end up being entertaining, as most people have wanted to see Cole get his ass handed to him for long time, so the crowd will be into this match.
Agree with that point, but as you said a lot of people will want to see this match purely for the entertainment factor, but aside from this, i am interested to see how there fued works out with both of them on the commentery team.

Another potential match is the tag team match, which unless they create a team similar to Hardy/Dudley Boyz then it's going to be a poor match. Also, Kofi will probably defend his title but i dont know who against. But Kofi seems like the sort of person who will want to be in the MITB match.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Well with Tough Enough being broadcast the night after WrestleMania 27 and straight after Raw i find it amazing that no one has so far mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin making some kind of an appearance to hype Tough Enough and surely if he is there then Vince McMahon will have something between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock happen on screen. I just can not see Vince McMahon not promoting Tough Enough a day before it hits our screens and not having Austin/Rock in some kind of segment with each other because that could sell the PPV on it's own.

I would also imagine that Trish Stratus would be involved in some kind of in ring thing with the Diva's whether it be as an enforcer or special referee or maybe even in a match with Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Eve Torres and Gail Kim against The Bella Twins, LayCool, Melina and Alicia Fox which would then allow WWE to use virtually every Diva in one match. Trish Stratus is probably the biggest draw in women's wrestling history and would sell that side of things on her own, Trish Stratus has more star power and wrestling ability than all of the Diva's roster combined in my opinion.

With Shawn Michaels being inducted into The Hall of Fame the night before WrestleMania 27 i would be extremely surprised if he doesn't feature in the match between The Undertaker and Triple H in some fashion as it has been reported a few weeks ago that he may be special referee in that match. I could also see something happen on screen between Shawn Michaels and The Rock simply because it has never really happened properly on screen before outside of a few segments on tv, The Rock/Triple H WWE title match on SmackDown in 1999 and then the same pair's Iron Man match at Judgement Day in 2000.

All in all i would say that i am a lot more excited about WrestleMania 27 now than i was a couple of weeks ago when it looked like a horrible card but as it look's potentially right now it should be ok and no worse than the last few. The last one i really enjoyed was WrestleMania 23 so if it matches that i'll be happy and it should look like this,

John Cena/The Miz WWE title with The Rock involved some how
Edge/Alberto Del Rio/Christian for the World title
The Undertaker/Triple H with Shawn Michaels as special referee
Randy Orton/CM Punk
Rey Mysterio/Cody Rhodes
Bryan Danielson/Sheamus US title
Core/Nexus
Jerry Lawler/Alex Riley or Michael Cole
Money in the Bank
Diva Battle Royal or Multi Diva match
Special appearances from Stone Cold Steve Austin to hype Tough Enough
Possible involvement from Kevin Nash in some way

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i heard they signed Nash after the rumble so i wouldn't rule that out. Also, i totally agree that Austin will probably make an appearance but i doubt in a capacity that will allow him to start something with The rock.

It would be interesting if HBK made an appearance as special guest ref in the Taker HHH match especially if there was a stipulation that would be similar to HBK taker match last year.

· Registered
66 Posts
I can see a Jim Ross return for WrestleMania, with them saying Cole has to prepare for his WrestleMania debut and all.

I would love to see Christian win MITB, then cash in and make the World Title Match a Triple Threat, but fall short in this attempt, allowing Edge to retain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.