Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they ever going to give this guy a real push? He always goes back to being booked like shit.

He's a fantastic in-ring performer, has plenty of charisma, a unique look, and good enough mic skills. I just don't don't get why Vince won't pull the trigger and push the fuck out of him.

They need new stars, Dolph has all the attributes, all the potential, why won't they book him stronger and make him a star?

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Because of the 4 attributes you said he has, in reality, he only has the first one. The other 3 are nonexistant. A guy like Ziggler screams MIDCARD FOR LIFE.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Not really a fan but if he's going to achieve any kind of success he needs to break away from Vicky and Swagger. Truth is he is just getting dragged down by their shenanigans. Its a shame because it seemed like they were high on him last year...and the year before that.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
I disagree. For me, he stands out a mile from the rest of the mid-card.
Stands out? He has less stage presence than Barry Stevens.

I'll give him his due in the ring, #4 out of the whole company, but if you take away the in ring aspect, which, for all intents and purposes is basically the least important thing, he's terrible. Put his wrestling on somebody else and he might be the best thing in the world, but on him, it doesn't work. The E in WWE is bigger than the second W, you need to be a lot more than a great worker, which is all Ziggler is. Just look at Low Ki, great worker, not a god damn thing else. In and out.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Stands out? He has less stage presence than Barry Stevens.

I'll give him his due in the ring, #4 out of the whole company, but if you take away the in ring aspect, which, for all intents and purposes is basically the least important thing, he's terrible. Put his wrestling on somebody else and he might be the best thing in the world, but on him, it doesn't work.
You only hate Ziggler cause he can actually wrestle. You would hate CM Punk too if you weren't delusional enough to think he couldn't wrestle.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I doubt he will ever get a real push. His booking is so random and unpredictable for him to be taken seriously as a legitimate threat. WWE recognize his talent, but they use it in the wrong way by making his opponents the ones to always look good - and never him. He's a career talent enhancement. People saying he will have a ''jobber to the stars'' role in the company is even a bit generous at this point, considering he's jobbing to mid-card failed comedy acts like Brodus Clay two weeks in a row now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unfortunatley with the return of Brock Lesnar all the upper midcard guys who had a chance to break it into the mainevent have return to midcard status. If Dolph Ziggler is drafted to Smackdown he has a chance to mainevent. If he stays on Raw he is permanent midcard

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Pretty much should stay away from Vicky and Swagger. Ziggler should be pushed to the moon

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Well purple_gloves, they're burying him. Why? I have no idea, he has pretty much everything you need to be a top guy, or at least a credible upper midcarder. Right now he is barely a regular midcarder jobbing to Santino and The Funkasaurus every week, he's almost sunk to Swagtard level, massive waste of talent.

It's not even like he is in his mid twenty's, he is 31 and yet they still refuse to commit to him, I've accepted he'll never be a legitimate main eventer though now, I'd like to see him get a decent WHC reign on Smackdown though.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
You only hate Ziggler cause he can actually wrestle. You would hate CM Punk too if you weren't delusional enough to think he couldn't wrestle.
fpalm

Yes, I would hate the best mic worker on the roster, the absolute only thing I take into account to determine who I like and don't like if he could wrestle. I'm a Kurt Angle/Stone Cold/Undertaker/Ric Flair fan, 4 of the best in ring performers in wrestling history. Try the fuck again, son.

Your "PYRO HATES WRESTLING!" gimmick is straight retarded. I don't hate wrestling, I just don't base favourites on it. It doesn't matter but that doesn't mean I HATE it. Ziggler being able to wrestle is a plus, and I'd rather have somebody who can wrestle AND talk than have somebody who can only talk, but in ring ability without anything else attached to it is useless. Stop acting like I'm somehow proud of the fact that Punk can't wrestle, as if it's a point of pride or something. It's not. I don't rip his ability or lack thereof for no reason.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Need to leave Vickie...crowd doesn't give a fuck at him and Swagger.They are only Vickie's Guerrero in ring skills.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Ziggler. He is an amazing wrestler and really does deserve a push. I just don't think that other WWE fans will care about him, he is a bit boring unlike someone like CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Well blame the fucking WWE for their half assed attempts at character development.

If this was WWE of before, they would do something like this. Ziggler and Swagger become tag team champions. During this reign, Ziggler starts to show more face like tendencies and shows signs of leaving his heel traits. They lose the titles and Ziggler and Swagger have a falling out. The next week they have their rematch for the title after promising to make up. Ziggler is about to win when Swagger, for some reason beats the shit out of Ziggler, proper bloodies him up. Next week delivers a promo saying how "he was world champion" and then he was held back ever since he teamed up with Ziggler, leading up to a feud with Ziggler as face. After that, give him a push and lengthy title reign. That's how you fucking build up your talent, WWE seem half assed in every single way, recycling the same crap with no character development. That's why the roster is so damn thin

1 - 20 of 100 Posts