Wrestling Forum banner

What now for JBL?

1987 Views 25 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Deepvoice80
I dunno about any of you but I was excited when I heard his music hit last night. He's one of those heels you just love to hate and I find him pretty entertaining. As awesome as it was for Stone Cold to drop Stunners on him and take his job as guest referee...what's JBL going to do now? I really hope he didn't come back JUST for that (as awesome as it was). Maybe we'll see him on commentary?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
I marked like crazy when I saw him - more than I marked for Austin.
I don't think he'll be back though :(

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Hopefully he's around commentating a bit at Wrestlemania during the Cole/Lawler match.
I'd mark.

· Registered
421 Posts
One night thing I think. It was just because he fit the swerve.

Texan....same as Austin
former Champion....Same as Austin
etc etc.

I would love to see JBL back full time, maybe even as the GM but I dont think it will happen.

· Premium Member
285 Posts
The crowd was dead for him :(
Because half the crowd is so young they dont know who he is and the other half thinks hes a joke.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
The crowd was dead for him :(
What? He got tons of heat. They were only dead for his entrance because of a combination of Michael Cole baiting the fans into thinking Austin was coming out and because his entrance, like Daniel Bryan's entrance, isn't very "impactful" from a standpoint of getting people excited. He doesn't have that grand, standout theme like other big stars have, so his entrances don't get much of a reaction, but when he starts talking, he kills it every time, and it was no different last night. Anybody who thinks he wasn't over wasn't watching the right segment.

Anyway, it seems like it was just a one time thing. Shame, I would like to see him in a full time role, or even a semi-regular on air role. They could definately use his genius with the way the product is struggling. Got to rely on more people than just CM Punk and Miz to make the shows entertaining.

· Banned
361 Posts
That crowd was a fucking joke and didn't deserve to be in the same building as JBL. Why go to the fucking show if you don't react to anything. For fucks sake, Miz did the Peoples Elbow and they barely made a peep.
WWE has been good lately but the crowds are absolutely shit. And it ruins my enjoyment of Raw, because as a lifelong fan of WWE I know JBL should get some massive heat. So to have him come out to silence is pretty disgusting.

Fuck that crowd.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
What? He got tons of heat. They were only dead for his entrance because of a combination of Michael Cole baiting the fans into thinking Austin was coming out and because his entrance, like Daniel Bryan's entrance, isn't very "impactful" from a standpoint of getting people excited. He doesn't have that grand, standout theme like other big stars have, so his entrances don't get much of a reaction, but when he starts talking, he kills it every time, and it was no different last night. Anybody who thinks he wasn't over wasn't watching the right segment.

Anyway, it seems like it was just a one time thing. Shame, I would like to see him in a full time role, or even a semi-regular on air role. They could definately use his genius with the way the product is struggling. Got to rely on more people than just CM Punk and Miz to make the shows entertaining.
He did not get much heat,that is the truth.

You love trolling in a sugar-coated manner didn't you?

Anyways as far as JBL goes,I have always loved his entrance theme.Its not a Daniel Bryan "type" theme,more of a Flair "type" thing.Not a typical modern hard metal song yet still having the capacity to get heat.

JBL,the man despite being shit on the ring his last few years,has undenyable charisma & his mic work is up there with the BEST of all times.His mic work is better than anyone currently on the roster.I hope he goes back to being a commentator because he a better commentator than all of WWE's present COMMENTATORS combined.

P.S. -> Miz is not entertaining.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
That crowd was a fucking joke and didn't deserve to be in the same building as JBL. Why go to the fucking show if you don't react to anything. For fucks sake, Miz did the Peoples Elbow and they barely made a peep.
WWE has been good lately but the crowds are absolutely shit. And it ruins my enjoyment of Raw, because as a lifelong fan of WWE I know JBL should get some massive heat. So to have him come out to silence is pretty disgusting.

Fuck that crowd.
The crowd reaction was disgusting.I'm sure there must have been a section of the so-called "smarky" crowd who wanted to cheer for JBL but considering JBL rubbishing the crowd,the anticipation for Austin & being an arena full of ignorant shitheads & children maybe it was harder for them to cheer than to cheer for Austin.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
He did not get much heat,that is the truth.

You love trolling in a sugar-coated manner didn't you?
No, kid, I'm not trolling. If anything, you ought to know about that more than anybody, considering you can't even string a sentence together coherently. I've watched the segment 2 or 3 times, he got big heat during his promo. It's not Vickie Guerrero big, but nobody gets that level of big because that type of heat is happening for the wrong reasons. He got booed about as loudly as it's possible to be booed in this day and age for the right reasons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.