Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so Heyman has made the impossible, possible and I'm starting to get hyped for Mania. Now do we actually get Brock on TV for a few weeks to build this up? Or can we count on a Roman/Heyman fued w a sighting or 2 from The Beast before the big dance?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Okay, so Heyman has made the impossible, possible and I'm starting to get hyped for Mania. Now do we actually get Brock on TV for a few weeks to build this up? Or can we count on a Roman/Heyman fued w a sighting or 2 from The Beast before the big dance?
A few appearances but nothing substantial, Heyman will most probably
Carry the whole feud

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Brock is apparently on Smackdown, so they may have a confrontational.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A few appearances but nothing substantial, Heyman will most probably
Carry the whole feud
Usually that seems fine when it comes to fueds w Cena, or HHH and we know their history and what it's taken to get there. Reigns on the other hand has Zero interaction w Brock until a few hours ago. And we're not talkin about building a middle of the card match at No Way Out, we're talking Main Event at Mania. That's a big risk if those 2 can't develop chemistry

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Usually that seems fine when it comes to fueds w Cena, or HHH and we know their history and what it's taken to get there. Reigns on the other hand has Zero interaction w Brock until a few hours ago. And we're not talkin about building a middle of the card match at No Way Out, we're talking Main Event at Mania. That's a big risk if those 2 can't develop chemistry
Theres only so many times you can do a staredown before it gets tedious.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brock is apparently on Smackdown, so they may have a confrontational.
Ahh now we're talking. You'd think they'd have to right? Won't waste a Brock appearance. Be interesting to see whether they take the approach of letting Reigns see what kind of animal he's dealing w by having him get beat down, or if they want to further protect him and make him come out of the gate real strong against Brock. Looking forward to it

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Ahh now we're talking. You'd think they'd have to right? Won't waste a Brock appearance. Be interesting to see whether they take the approach of letting Reigns see what kind of animal he's dealing w by having him get beat down, or if they want to further protect him and make him come out of the gate real strong against Brock. Looking forward to it
It's all about if they build this correctly, and book it right. They're good at fucking up monumentally. Reigns is going to have some real strong booking leading to their match, since how Lesnar was booked against Cena and Rollins. Not sure what they'll do to make him look strong to compete with Lesnar, but I think it means burying lots of heels.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Heyman hasn't heard Reigns beanstock story yet so there is always that.
Oh man, that story ? Gotta believe w them at least getting SOME positive feedback on Reigns from Raw, being more genuine and human w the family talk and stuff, that hopefully we've seen the last of those corny, spoon fed, scripted promos right? Though I'm fully aware I may be giving Vince far too much credit

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's all about if they build this correctly, and book it right. They're good at fucking up monumentally. Reigns is going to have some real strong booking leading to their match, since how Lesnar was booked against Cena and Rollins. Not sure what they'll do to make him look strong to compete with Lesnar, but I think it means burying lots of heels.
You'd have to think so, however 62 days goes quick. And this time of yr on the RTWM, most of the heels worth serving to him to gain real traction are involved w their own storylines. I figure he'll lay The Big Show and Kane down a couple times, prob bang heads w Rusev at some point in a tag or 6 man tag, and maybe end a Raw standing over Lesnar once? And hopefully between that and the way he'll evolve more as he and Heyman work more often, we'll be in for a better few weeks than we initially thought

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if that's the case, you can basically just replace "the match" with "everything WWE" and not discuss anything. He seemingly realized everyone was mad and wanted answers based upon Saxtons questions, bc they were similar to what I was hoping he'd ask, so who knows, maybe he'll stumble upon something good the next few weeks

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
You'd have to think so, however 62 days goes quick. And this time of yr on the RTWM, most of the heels worth serving to him to gain real traction are involved w their own storylines. I figure he'll lay The Big Show and Kane down a couple times, prob bang heads w Rusev at some point in a tag or 6 man tag, and maybe end a Raw standing over Lesnar once? And hopefully between that and the way he'll evolve more as he and Heyman work more often, we'll be in for a better few weeks than we initially thought
I don't see them getting him ready to look credible enough to beat Lesnar in a believable fashion. He shouldn't be in this position anyway, he wasn't the correct winner.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't see them getting him ready to look credible enough to beat Lesnar in a believable fashion. He shouldn't be in this position anyway, he wasn't the correct winner.
You may be right, he may not have been, but he won. So let's see if he can be the star they think he can. I think physically, vs Brock, he's prob the most believable of the guys we wanted to win (Bryan, Dean, Wyatt). Maybe they take away the script, and he'll surprise us and be able to talk a little and suddenly it don't look so bad. Also I think the secret weapon we've all forgotten, at least I have until tonight, is Heymans unmatched ability to get guys over and make them look good. That could go a long way in helping him to gain momentum heading in

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
You may be right, he may not have been, but he won. So let's see if he can be the star they think he can. I think physically, vs Brock, he's prob the most believable of the guys we wanted to win (Bryan, Dean, Wyatt). Maybe they take away the script, and he'll surprise us and be able to talk a little and suddenly it don't look so bad. Also I think the secret weapon we've all forgotten, at least I have until tonight, is Heymans unmatched ability to get guys over and make them look good. That could go a long way in helping him to gain momentum heading in
Sadly, they have to use Heyman to get him over, I'd rather it if Heyman buried him hard - see if Reigns would be able to get himself over, but his mic work lacks confidence and doesn't come across well at all. Dean and Wyatt could've been believable picks to win, Bryan also if he were to use his technical ability and submission work.

Of course, I'd rather WM main event be a good match, but tbh. I don't see it happening unless they dump another into the match and make it a triple threat.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh, sweet Jesus.

'WWE can go to hell, never watching again'

One day later...

'Oh. but Heyman though!'

Just lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sadly, they have to use Heyman to get him over, I'd rather it if Heyman buried him hard - see if Reigns would be able to get himself over, but his mic work lacks confidence and doesn't come across well at all. Dean and Wyatt could've been believable picks to win, Bryan also if he were to use his technical ability and submission work.

Of course, I'd rather WM main event be a good match, but tbh. I don't see it happening unless they dump another into the match and make it a triple threat.
I can't agree w you saying "His mic work lacks confidence and doesn't come across well at all" bc until maybe last nights Raw we hadn't seen HIS mic work. We've seen Vince feed him corny, superhero garbage. I'm at least willing to give him a chance before I pronounce him dead. Remember he's relatively new to the game compared to Bryan and them since they were wrestling for yrs while he was still in the football field. And if Heyman needs to help get him over, so be it. Cena used Angle and before fans got "smart" loved him for prob 5 yrs at the top, and he's only one of countless others to get a run from an established vet. And I don't know if I agree w your idea that Bryan's submission style is realistic against Lesnar, an NCAA/UFC HEAVYWEIGHT champion. There's a reason in those real sports, that guys are placed by weight. Bc it's not fair for a guy 175lbs to ever match up w a guy 290lbs

·
Registered
668 Posts
Either you're a shameless WWE apologist, or you're working from WWE.

Either way...

:eek:ut

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.