1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Fuck em all they all suck

·
From parts unknown
23,274 Posts
I don't have cable so I don't watch the news in the traditional sense.

What I've done over the last few years is created a collective of journalists, politicians, writers, commentators and "pundits". I listen to people on all sides of a particular issue and then make up my own mind - not networks because in this day and age of corporatized media that colludes with the government, you can't watch a news channel and be like that's giving you an accurate picture at all.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yep. Why the fuck would we watch that shit
News a waste of time. I'd rather do something productive in my time (like get on WF)

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,532 Posts
I have CNN, BBC, Euronews and RT. I watch them rarely, but a little bit of each of them.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Don't watch mainstream cable news much anymore at all. Generally gather multiple sources through the interwebz. Often watch lamestream news footage through proxy though and I do keep tabs on the AP which is generally raw footage.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I don't watch cable news, and when I watch local news, I usually turn it off after the headlines. Same with abc, cbs, or nbc news. I don't care for commentary or opinions, just the headlines is enough for me, but honestly I get most of my news online.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
My main sources of news are Secular Talk, The Liberty Report (w/ Ron Paul), Redacted Tonight (w/ Lee Camp) and The Jimmy Dore Show. I also watch The Humanist Report and Tim Black TV. The MSM is fucking corporate propaganda garbage.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Don't watch as much Fox News as I once did. I find myself watching more of TheBlaze, CRTV (Mark Levin's new digital network), and OAN (One America News). I want news that is honest, and it feels like these days even Fox has become propagandist. While I consider myself far right, I still believe in the truth and holding our leaders accountable.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Don't watch as much Fox News as I once did. I find myself watching more of TheBlaze, CRTV (Mark Levin's new digital network), and OAN (One America News). I want news that is honest, and it feels like these days even Fox has become propagandist. While I consider myself far right, I still believe in the truth and holding our leaders accountable.
You should stick with Statler and Waldorf. They're much more intelligent than the other sources you cited.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
You should stick with Statler and Waldorf. They're much more intelligent than the other sources you cited.
Actually, these sites are not always pro-Trump 24/7. They will compliment where necessary and call him out when he is wrong. Just like those two hecklers that hung out at the Muppet Theater. :)

The news is the same no matter what you watch or listen to. The facts pretty much are the same. For example...the story of "President Trump returns home from his first foreign trip as Commander-in-Chief." The story is the same regardless of where you get the information from, it's the slant/spin that we take away from the story. You have stories that say it was a huge failure, others that he was successful, some in between.

Say what you want, but we really don't want just straight news anymore no matter how much we say so. Straight news is boring, ratings show that. I remember Al-Jazeera tried that with their American news channel a few years ago, didn't work. We want the slant whether its from MSNBC, Fox, or anywhere else.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
They're all full of absolute bollocks :shrug

I'll read up on stuff myself if I want without stumbling into the media bias :shrug

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
i watch the local news

national and world news organizations are uniformly shallow and uninformative

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Actually, these sites are not always pro-Trump 24/7. They will compliment where necessary and call him out when he is wrong. Just like those two hecklers that hung out at the Muppet Theater. :)

The news is the same no matter what you watch or listen to. The facts pretty much are the same. For example...the story of "President Trump returns home from his first foreign trip as Commander-in-Chief." The story is the same regardless of where you get the information from, it's the slant/spin that we take away from the story. You have stories that say it was a huge failure, others that he was successful, some in between.

Say what you want, but we really don't want just straight news anymore no matter how much we say so. Straight news is boring, ratings show that. I remember Al-Jazeera tried that with their American news channel a few years ago, didn't work. We want the slant whether its from MSNBC, Fox, or anywhere else.
I love you too much to argue the point. :saul

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I love you too much to argue the point. :saul
And I return the love in that WrestlingForum way. :lol

Yet, that's where we are at when it comes to news. The facts are the facts, but it's how we spin those or how we interpret them that determines where we lean. There are those that follow that interpretation with folks like Jimmy Dore and the Young Turks. Others go the way of Glenn Beck and Mark Levin. We don't want "Just the facts" anymore. :shrug

1 - 20 of 35 Posts