Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone like John Cena, like him or not has had huge success in WWE and I'm sure has made himself a huge amount of money in the process. So what do you think motivates him to haul his ass around the country all year and do the same thing every single day? It can't be for the money and he has pretty much achieved everything he can in the business. So I was wondering what you guys think motivates him to keep doing it?

If it was me I'd have retired by now and be living on a tropical island somewhere

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
Someone like John Cena, like him or not has had huge success in WWE and I'm sure has made himself a huge amount of money in the process. So what do you think motivates him to haul his ass around the country all year and do the same thing every single day? It can't be for the money and he has pretty much achieved everything he can in the business. So I was wondering what you guys think motivates him to keep doing it?

If it was me I'd have retired by now and be living on a tropical island somewhere
Why do some people think that cena is the only one who busts his ass traveling and working for the wwe? every superstar does this just because cena does this does not make him unique!

·
Registered
456 Posts
If anything those other wrestlers are more are even more "passionate" because they are getting paid way less without nearly as many perks as Cena gets.

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do some people think that cena is the only one who busts his ass traveling and working for the wwe? every superstar does this just because cena does this does not make him unique!
That is exactly my point, Cena does it but he doesn't need to do it. Most guys on the roster need to do it for money and to achieve their goals in the business, Cena has done all that but he continues to do it. I'm just curious what motivates him to keep doing it, nothing more

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
That is exactly my point, Cena does it but he doesn't need to do it. Most guys on the roster need to do it for money and to achieve their goals in the business, Cena has done all that but he continues to do it. I'm just curious what motivates him to keep doing it, nothing more
He must love the business as he has no intention quiting, which i give him respect for as someone like the rock quit early when he found out that he could do a movie here and there to earn his money,cena seems loyal

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
What the fuck do you mean he doesnt need to do it? he does it for the company that made him the star.

He did not walk away after becoming popular like certain star. He is also remarkably willing to put over anyone wwe asks him to, again unlike certain top star who never jobbed to anyone.

He does it coz he is the biggest draw, he does it so that wwe can survive through competetion every week.

Cena working his ass off every week =\= Tyson kidd showing up for work.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
He's most likely a huge fan for one. If he leaves the WWE now, he could do some damage to the company. When WWE finds a new top star, Cena will slowly be phased out and Cena won't have to worry about negatively affecting a company that he loves.

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What the fuck do you mean he doesnt need to do it? he does it for the company that made him the star.

He did not walk away after becoming popular like certain star. He is also remarkably willing to put over anyone wwe asks him to, again unlike certain top star who never jobbed to anyone.

He does it coz he is the biggest draw, he does it so that wwe can survive through competetion every week.

Cena working his ass off every week =\= Tyson kidd showing up for work.
Lolwut?

He's most likely a huge fan for one. If he leaves the WWE now, he could do some damage to the company.

Good point actually, didn't think of that. I guess he has a lot of responsibility in that respect

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm sure it is pretty good motivation knowing how much damage it would do and how Vince would and most likely does bend over backwards to keep him satisfied. I do think Cena may potentially have a lot of pull though and if he is a fan he would see how mediocre the product has become regardless of whether he is on top or not. So while I do appreciate his hard work, I think he is in a position to do more.

Of course he may have no say whatsoever, I just can't see that being the case though.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
His passion. If you are dedicated to something, you can do it for an entire day without feeling tired. I know I had this passion at one point for football (soccer), but I just wasn't that good physically at that point and therefore 'given up' on it and pursue other interests.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts