Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You take away the YES chant from Bryan and all you have left is yes, a FANTASTIC in ring performer but not much more. The chants are dying down which was always going to happen, but the guy doesn't have enough charisma or mic talent to sustain his overness...just look at his entire career without the yes chant. Why wasn't he over before?

Another thing not one person on here would be humane enough to admit is how well Roman Reigns has improved, and i feel that he's handled the pressure of his top-spot very well. I actually feel that Reigns belongs in this match with Lesnar, whereas bryan just seems completely out of his depth.

This coming from a guy who flamed Reigns at the Rumble just like everyone else.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

What's with all these threads? They are poison. It's the same crap over and over. "Bryan doesn't have charisma," "He's only over because of the 'Yes!' chant." Just stop.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn bryan heel because this goofy, nice-guy underdog isn't working unless you like flapping your hands in the air chanting the same word over and over again . Or unless you look like hi, which alot of you probably do.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I agree on both counts. I'm a fan of Bryan and am not high on Roman Reigns, but wrestling ability is not the be-all and end-all when it comes to being a top star. Daniel Bryan is very over, as evidenced by "Daniel Bryan!" and "You deserve it" chants that he gets from time to time. He doesn't have the look of a champion, the mic skills to hang with the guys at the top, and he's way too passive backstage. From interviews, he seems like he's just happy to be there and doesn't care about his position on the card.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
You take away the YES chant from Bryan and all you have left is yes, a FANTASTIC in ring performer but not much more. The chants are dying down which was always going to happen, but the guy doesn't have enough charisma or mic talent to sustain his overness...just look at his entire career without the yes chant. Why wasn't he over before?

Another thing not one person on here would be humane enough to admit is how well Roman Reigns has improved, and i feel that he's handled the pressure of his top-spot very well. I actually feel that Reigns belongs in this match with Lesnar, whereas bryan just seems completely out of his depth.

Yeah Daniel Bryan is not over its the DANIEL BRYAN chants right?
Just like Austin wasnt over it was the WHAT chants

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I seriously wonder what this forum would be like if this were the AE

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
The WWE is trying their hardest to destroy Daniel Bryan's credibility, and he's still the most over member of the roster, so nope.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
You dumb.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Daniel Bryan is not over its the DANIEL BRYAN chants right?
Just like Austin wasnt over it was the WHAT chants
This comparison always makes me laugh. Stone cold had the charisma and mic skills to hold the audience in the palm of his hand...does Bryan? Take the WHAT chant away from austin it would make no difference to his career whatsoever

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
who the fuck cares if he has the yes chants or not? he has charisma and can make the crowd goes mental just by coming out and smile. whenever he has a match, the crowd cares about it and not many wrestlers on the current roster can have the crowd cares about their matches that much.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
This comparison always makes me laugh. Stone cold had the charisma and mic skills to hold the audience in the palm of his hand...does Bryan? Take the WHAT chant away from austin it would make no difference to his career whatsoever
Daniel Bryan has tons of charisma if you don't think he does then you don't know what the term means. And DB is just fine on the mic,he gets a connection with his mic work and that is all that matters.

If you take the YES YES YES chant away from Bryan you still have the most over guy in the company. They would just keep chanting his name like they do anyways.

No one in the history of wrestling has ever gotten the fans to hijack shows for them and shit on the product like DB got his fans to do. And that had NOTHING to do with the YES CHANT.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
DB is one of my favorite guys on the roster but i would far prefer it if he didn't come out with a goofy grin every time he appears or if he would stop smirking and no selling every time someone says something to him in a promo.

Minor criticisms really but the fact that i know that he is really good at portraying a more aggressive side is why it irks me.

I still think the Weak Link phase was the best stuff he did in WWE and was a huge part of why the fans took to him so much during that time period. So many good matches and much more aggression in his work.

Anyways though, your opening post is garbage OP.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Right, Bryan's not over. It's just two years in a row fans have turned on the product when they weren't getting what they wanted: Bryan on top.

And Roman Reigns hasn't improved. He can't work longer matches which is a must for WWE main eventers and his promos suck.

Which is why he had the most to lose in the shield break up, as he had Rollins for the ring work and Ambrose for the promo work. All he had to do was stand there and look bad ass.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the Kevin Nash push of 1995. A guy with a good look and great hair, who turned out to be the lowest drawing champion of all time up to that point.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Oh look.. A thread from 2012

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
DB is one of my favorite guys on the roster but i would far prefer it if he didn't come out with a goofy grin every time he appears or if he would stop smirking and no selling every time someone says something to him in a promo.

Minor criticisms really but the fact that i know that he is really good at portraying a more aggressive side is why it irks me.

I still think the Weak Link phase was the best stuff he did in WWE and was a huge part of why the fans took to him so much during that time period. So many good matches and much more aggression in his work.

Anyways though, your opening post is garbage OP.
You know why DB smirks when he comes out to a huge pop right?

its because he is told by managment like Vince, HHH and Dunn that he's not good enough, over enough or popular enough to be the top guy but every time he gets the biggest pop of the night he grins because he knows its bullshit.

I do agree DB should be more like the american dragon though, he needs that killer instinct.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts

This guy just asked why wasn't Daniel Bryan over before he got over :lol

Hell, why wasn't the Rock over before he got over while we're at it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.