Wrestling Forum banner

What match would you open the show with?

1597 Views 27 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Romans Revenge
With only three matches announced on the undercard and two of them being World title matches, whch would you open with? I imagine the Divas match would be in between the two title matches as I cannot see it opening the show. I would open with Ziggler/Edge as it looks like it will be a better match than Orton/Miz so it gets the crowd hot and hope the other two can keep them hot until the Rumble.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
I would rather they had a scripted-on-the-night mid-card match to start, really. I've never been a fan of World Title matches opening a show, and unless they're absolutely ridiculous and have the Rumble first, that leaves the Divas match and nothing says "pumping=up-the-crowd" like a Divas match opening a PPV.

· Banned
297 Posts
Depends on the ending of the Rumble really.

If Cena's the last one in the ring, I'd love some matches afterwards to help me get through the pain of knowing I just purchased the Rumble Cena won.

If not, then get the matches out of the way, it hypes it up more.

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Well I think Orton will lose against Miz and appear in the Rumble later on, so I think their match will be first. (Of course, he can still appear if their match comes third, but I don't think they'd have the two together...)

The divas match will more than likely be inbetween the two title matches. Plus I have a feeling Dolph will win the title, so it would be a cool shock ending to happen just before the Rumble starts, to get people more excited.

· Registered
2,742 Posts
If Ziggler wins the title, it'll kill the excitement. The guy has the stage presence of an 8 year old girl.
Not necessarily Ziggler himself getting people excited, just the fact that it would be a shocking win over a big name like Edge and the heat it would get from the crowd would have people excited to see Edge appear in the Rumble afterwards or something.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Maybe Edge vs. Ziggler, not only because it's the most predictable match result-wise but it also has potential to be the best one in the card (excluding the Rumble match itself) so it will be a good opener to excite the crowds.

Natalya vs. Laycool should be second, this has 'surprise' written all over it, maybe Awesome Kong will debut or Laycool are gonna start their break up storyline, either way i have a feeling this will be a newsworthy match.

Randy Orton vs. Miz should be third, it's WWE Championship match so it deserves to get the last spot.

· Registered
387 Posts
Depends on the ending of the Rumble really.

If Cena's the last one in the ring, I'd love some matches afterwards to help me get through the pain of knowing I just purchased the Rumble Cena won.

If not, then get the matches out of the way, it hypes it up more.

I agree 100% with you. If Cena wins, it's gunna leave me with such a feel of regret for purchasing it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.