Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question: What makes you watch WWE every week?

For me it´s like a routine, every tuesday, wednesday and friday I go to Youtube, to see the shows (TNA and ROH also).

Well let´s see...

Chris Jericho promos,
Edge since he is my favourite wrestler since I started watching regularly in 2005, he is kind of stale nowadays, to many injuries...
The Miz looking forward to hear him everyweek,
Maryse, she´s soo HOT,
John Morrison, we all know that he doesnt work as face, but I ve still faith in him turn him heel, he is very cool as heel,
Cody Rhodes, he is dashing
Big Show, the only face right now that I care he is a funny guy
CM Punk, kind of stale nowadays but I bet that he will "be Back" after the injury
NEXUS, curiosity about the storyline and their future.

That´s all I think

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Reasons I watch RAW: The NeXus (even though I hate them, I'm almost watching to see what they do next), Maryse (Those dresses she wears now are extra hot), Randy Orton (Who doesn't like The Viper?), Chris Jericho (Best promos in the biz), & Evan Bourne (Hoping he does something good).

Reasons I watch NXT: Alex Riley & Kaval.

Reasons I watch Smackdown: The S.E.S. & "Dashing" Cody Rhodes.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Because I love it. I've loved it my whole life, at its highs and at its lows. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: AlwaysBrave

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I made me watch every week. BUT, I haven't watched an episode of wrestling in a month because the time has come when the WWE product no longer entertains me. For years, it was a routine of watching wrestling; I'd tune in every monday and friday to watch, but in the past year, I realized that it wasn't entertaining me the way it used too, so I did the logical thing and tuned off. People always say "if you dont like it, dont watch", so I stopped watching lol. I still check out stuff online here and there because I'll always be a wrestling fan, but I cant watch the show again until I can feel that I'm getting the same entertainment value out of it that I used to.

·
Premium Member
44,060 Posts
Honestly, I don't.

- NXT & Superstars are too unimportant to really get attached too. I forget they are on half the time.

- Raw is on Mondays, and during Football season & the TV season that is a problem. Big Bang Theory & Monday Night Football (especially if an NFC East Team is playing) will trump the WWE for me about 9 times out of 10, and I'll watch those instead. When things kick into gear in the fall, chances of me watching Raw will decrease exponentially. The show just isn't that good at the moment. Its better than it was last year (although it couldn't have gotten much worse) but I'm still at a point where I'd rather watch sitcoms & football over Raw.

- I tend to go out on Friday nights and if storylines for SD aren't doing it for me, I ain't watching. And Smackdown right now is a complete disaster of a show. It is beyond boring, and the direction is terrible. I mean the story seems to be building to Taker vs. Kane....AGAIN! Say whatever you want about Raw, Impact, or ROH on HDnet, none of them could possibly be as bad as Smackdown is right now.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Well, technically, I don't watch it on a "weekly" basis. I barley watch Raw when it's on TV, and I watch Smackdown on my computer the day before it's actually on. But, anyway, as of right now...

Kane's current WHC run
Sheamus beating Cena every month
The hope that Punk wrestles again
Jericho.
Nattie.
The hope that Beth returns
Miz's current MITB storyline
The hope that Swagger wins a match
Nexus

Yeah, that's pretty much it. NXT doesn't interest me at all this season, so no reasons for that. And I only watch Superstars if I hear there's a good match on there.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
- Raw is on Mondays, and during Football season & the TV season that is a problem. Big Bang Theory & Monday Night Football (especially if an NFC East Team is playing) will trump the WWE for me about 9 times out of 10, and I'll watch those instead. When things kick into gear in the fall, chances of me watching Raw will decrease exponentially. The show just isn't that good at the moment. Its better than it was last year (although it couldn't have gotten much worse) but I'm still at a point where I'd rather watch sitcoms & football over Raw.
Pretty much this. Once basketball & football season start I stop watching WWE. I really just started watching WWE again in June because the NBA Finals don't come on those days. Baseball just doesn't do it for me so right now WWE is my sports home. Come September I won't watch RAW as much but when October comes and NBA season starts it's bye, bye WWE, I'll see you in June.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
When TNA was going head to head against Raw I would turn it on RAW during the TNA commercial breaks. Now that TNA is back to Thursdays I don't watch it at all.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't watch every show every week but I honestly don't know what makes me tune in when I actually do. Force of habit I guess. Watching WWE programming is just like keeping up with any other show I suppose.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
At this point it's involuntary even if I know it is gonna be another boring Raw, there is always hope they deliver a great show and at least one great match. Take the night Nexus invaded Raw back in June when they came out destroyed Cena, SES, and the ringside area in general, imagine if I had missed that.

I watch Raw for Jericho, Miz, Orton, Sheamus, Nexus, Bourne, and the impending Cena heel turn.

I watch Smackdown for Kofi, Christian, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger.

I don't watch NXT.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
That it's always new, especially in off season times it's one of the few things you can count on being new to watch every week.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I watch them every week to find something to bitch about :rolleyes:

Nah, actually it's just a habit because i've watched wrestling since i was a child.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just 'cause it's on and I enjoy it. I'm not as impulsive to stop watching 'cause of a little thing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use to love WWE and watch every show until Vince decided to try to change wrestling like he did with the XFL...
Now we have Chair shots to the head Banned, Swearing Banned, Blood Banned, Gloves Banned, Hardcore matches Banned, Choking someone with anything Banned, Women are horrible wrestlers in WWE and are banned from actually being hot and showing it off, No fingers to the crowd (Austin) Banned, Any comment that isn’t what is scripted Banned.

If i wanted to watch a show like this I would be on Disney channel. Last time I watched Raw I was dumber after the show.
Vince needs to drop the PG13 rubbish.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I watch RAW and Smackdown every week because they entertain me, simple answer. It certainly isn't as entertaining as it used to be and it is crap at times but WWE has always had its fair share of crap.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Yeah I'd say I'm in a routine with the WWE, I watch it online when I'm supposed to be working, it beats the hell out of having to do any work but if I wasn't in a job that allowed me to watch then I'd probably miss a helluva lot although I do tend to stay up and watch the PPV's

I always go out my way to watch TNA these days though and I've just got no interest in ROH, as much as I like some of the talent they have I just don't see anywhere near enough of it to want to catch it

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Randy Orton is a huge reason why I still watch. If it wasn't for him I would've "outgrown" wrestling a long time ago. Still, I watch for other favourites like Edge, Jericho and Punk (even though I don't watch SmackDown that much).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts