Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, everyone always promotes TNA as the future of tag team wrestling, when they barley have any good tag teams. You've got jobber teams in Gunner and Murphy and Kiyoshi and Okada. You've got a joke team in Jordan and Young, a split up-obse-past prime team in Team 3D, a team as part of a stable in Beer Money, and 3 active, regular teams in Ink Inc, MCMG and GenMe, one of which(InkInc) is a shitty team, meaning we have 2 good regular tag teams that aren't currently feuding. It used to be a lot better than this, but now it's almost half as bad as the WWE.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Honestly, I think the TNA Tag Division sucks.

There's MCMG & Beer Money and that's it.

Gen ME & Ink Inc. have been pushed horribly, they ruined L.A.X. now both guys are gone, Team 3-D's retired, Orlando Jordan & Eric Young are you kidding me?

I think they could've down something great with that team with Magnus & Wolfe but they're tag division is shit just like the WWE's only difference is that TNA's is better because they put on better matches and they actually get T.V. time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I haven't really heard anyone talk about how good the tag division is since the MCMG/BMI best of 5 series. At that time we had MCMG, BMI, Gen Me, Ink Inc., Team 3D and the potentially awesome London Brawling.

Tag div is non-existant atm, only 'feud' going was MCMG/GM, then MCMG/3D which has since turned into Ray vs DVon. Seems like they've hit the reset button on the tag div imo.

On a side note, I don't get the hate for Ink Inc., sure they're not amazingly talented and do things noones ever seen before but they're a solid team who's just really making up the numbers, which they're more than capable of.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
ROH > TNA > WWE

I don't know why these threads keep popping up, but the above statement sums it up pretty well. TNA has great tag teams, WWE has no tag teams, and ROH has the best division.

If TNA would have kept LAX and Invasion together and not split 3D, here's what their division would have looked like:

1. MCMG
2. Generation Me
3. Ink Inc
4. Team 3D
5. LAX
6. British Invasion
7. OJ and EY

They're division is weak right now, but still better than the E.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Really, all TNA needs is 3 good tag teams to revolve their division around.

Motor City Machine Guns
Beer Money
Generation Me

Those are 3 of the Best Teams in the World.

That's all they need. 10 years ago, the WWF pretty much based their Tag Team Division around The Hardys, The Dudleys, and Edge and Christian.

The teams like Ink Inc, who I think is a pretty good team, OJ and Young, London Brawling if they ever return fill out a good division.

At least TNA tries to have some sort of emphasis on their Tag Team Division.

It would be really dope if they brought in Haas and Benjamin to solidify it. The Guns need somebody new to face.

Although, TNA could have the Guns face Beer Money every day for a year, and I wouldn't get sick of it.

It would be cool to change it up.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Its hard to consider Kiyoshi and Okada as part of it seeing as how they've yet to make it onto Impact, and as far as Gunner and Murphy, they're simply security guards doing the heels dirty work, I don't really consider them a real tag team. EY and OJ are a ridiculous pairing that much is true, and Ink Inc are kind of just there.

The Tag Division though has some strength at the top with MCMG, Beer Money (why should it matter whether or not they are part of a stable?), and GenMe, with London Brawling showing some potential. The real issue with the tag division in TNA is a lack of real depth. Who challenges the Guns after GenMe and Beer Money? London Brawling maybe? Ink Inc? Or god forbid, OJ and EY?

Sure the tag division in TNA is stronger than that of the WWE, and that's where alot of this talk about having the best tag team division in the world comes from, but why set the bar that low? ROH in my opinion has a stronger tag division than TNA from top to bottom as they're really isn't a team I can look at and consider dead weight, unless we're counting the Embassy. Bring in the Briscoe Brothers and let's say DCFC considering they are free agents at this point, and you'll solve much of the depth issue. I'm not saying it has to be those teams in particular but what TNA needs to do is maximize the quality of each division in their company as to limit the amount of potential piss break matches. Also, they should have reunited LAX when they had the chance; they even had the perfect scenario for their reintroduction with Morgan taking out Hernandez and taking the tag titles for himself.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
They beat WWE because TNA actually has a tag team divison.

Everyone knowns ROH has the best tag team divison tho. It's 49038534905834 better than TNA or WWE could ever dream of

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Chikara>Roh. The promotion is almost based on tag team division.

Gen ME & Ink Inc. have been pushed horribly
Ha! Right... TNA made two jobbers(Ink Inc) look credible. And I'm not even talking about 2 spotmonkeys getting so much airtime.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm definitely the odd man out, but I wanna see a three way feud between Generation Me, The Guns, and Ink Inc, in the same vein as E&C, Hardy's, and Dudley feud. That doesn't mean toss out the TLC matches, but just have them them put on high profile matches together on impact and ppv's. And in between that, have Eric Young/OJ, and Okada/Kiyoshi be used as teams to make those three main teams look good, and be put in there to add some space between the next match involving the guns, gen me, and Ink Inc.

As for the division as a whole, I think TNA has enough tag teams. About 6 teams exactly, but I think TNA is overexposing a fraction of these teams, and not using the others enough. I want Nigel to get better so London Brawling can come back.

TNA mainly shows The Guns, Ink Inc, and Generation Me, which is fine. They all work well together,and put on consistently good matches. But there has to be more diversity in a Tag Division to truly call it great, but it is really entertaining.

In comparison to the WWE, which has practically the same number of teams, and you only see Two teams on a fairly regular basis, and one of those teams is about to break up anyway, so that really leaves them with one, which is any combination of members from Nexus.

So ofcourse in comparison TNA's is gonna look better, and that's more of by default, even though it really is a fact.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
It's just people who want to perpetuate this imaginary 'TNA vs. WWE' war. They'll see something WWE isn't doing and claim TNA to be the saviour of it - women, cruiserweights, tag wrestling, pure wrestling, hardcore...TNA doesn't do any of the above as well as certain other promotions but, just because they do something slightly more than WWE, they're, apparently, automatically doing it to perfection.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It's just people who want to perpetuate this imaginary 'TNA vs. WWE' war. They'll see something WWE isn't doing and claim TNA to be the saviour of it - women, cruiserweights, tag wrestling, pure wrestling, hardcore...TNA doesn't do any of the above as well as certain other promotions but, just because they do something slightly more than WWE, they're, apparently, automatically doing it to perfection.
QFT

how the hell can you call a division with 4 teams ok, good or even great ?

also Hardy's, Dudley & Edge/Christian fueded off and on from 1999 to mid 2001.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Its shit. It actually had a chance but management fucked it up like they fucked up everything.

Technically, the only reason its better than the WWE tag division is because it wins by default. I'm pretty sure a backward wrestling company run by a kid and his imaginary friend has a better tag division than the WWE.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
QFT

how the hell can you call a division with 4 teams ok, good or even great ?
Quality, my friend. Quality.
3D/Hardys/E&C. MCMG/BM. etc
4 teams is an overkill already.

Its shit. It actually had a chance but management fucked it up like they fucked up everything.

Technically, the only reason its better than the WWE tag division is because it wins by default. I'm pretty sure a backward wrestling company run by a kid and his imaginary friend has a better tag division than the WWE.
If its shit what is WWE's tag division? I mean, they have tag titles and tag teams...
Give Vince McMahon a break. Stop crapping on WWE so much :)

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
TNA's division used to be great.

It now has three greats teams, one of which does not wrestle in the division as of a couple of months ago and the feud between that team and the champions, in a classic trademark from WCW, was ruined over a course of 5 weeks for a pop in the ratings.

·
Registered
746 Posts
08/09 was when it was at its peak. With the Guns, 3D, BeerMoney etc. you had Steiner and Booker with the MEM, LAX, VKM, British Invasion, Lethal Consequences, Rock 'n' Rave. Hell you even had Kaz and Eric Young/Super Eric hold the titles!!

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
08/09 was when it was at its peak. With the Guns, 3D, BeerMoney etc. you had Steiner and Booker with the MEM, LAX, VKM, British Invasion, Lethal Consequences, Rock 'n' Rave. Hell you even had Kaz and Eric Young/Super Eric hold the titles!!
Wait, are you saying the division was great or terrible? Kaz and Super Eric holding the titles was insane and the booking afterwards was even worse.

TNA's tag division today isn't all that great but they could improve it if they wanted to, but it just seems like the Guns will randomly defend the titles against Gen Me/Ink Inc. until they want Fortune to all hold gold.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
TNA's division used to be great.

It now has three greats teams, one of which does not wrestle in the division as of a couple of months ago and the feud between that team and the champions, in a classic trademark from WCW, was ruined over a course of 5 weeks for a pop in the ratings.
But dont you see? They HAD to give away a series people would have paid to see on free TV. I mean BFG was right around the corner, you dont want a match like that ruining the card for your biggest show of the year. If they had the exciting young Beer Money and The Guns fighting over the tag titles in a steel cage or ladder match, what about poor Nash and Sting and Jarrett and all those good, out of shape piece of shit guys in EV2? The match would have made them look even worse in comparison!

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
But dont you see? They HAD to give away a series people would have paid to see on free TV. I mean BFG was right around the corner, you dont want a match like that ruining the card for your biggest show of the year. If they had the exciting young Beer Money and The Guns fighting over the tag titles in a steel cage or ladder match, what about poor Nash and Sting and Jarrett and all those good, out of shape piece of shit guys in EV2? The match would have made them look even worse in comparison!
Dammit, why must you always correct my stupidity on such things?! :mad:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
TNA has a good enough division, let's not forget that TNA doesn't stand for Tag Team Nonspot Action. ROH has a better division but it has a very different format from TNA. If you are beeing unbiased and think rationally about the boundaries of sports entertainment and tag team division then TNA is pretty much near as perfect as possible, two more legit tag teams would be the maximum to make it as great as it can be, everything else would be overkill. There's more in a wrestling product then this kind of matchups. That said, I still wish that they would actually add one or two legit tag-teams to the division, as I said, having 5 full fleged teams cycle around the ME scene would prevent the tag scene from ever beeing stale and we could get good matchups as a result.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts