Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes the Be The Booker so much better than the real WWE?

IMO I believe that it isn't wholey the creativity, all though there is a lot of great writers here, not taking it away from anyone, but I believe something that helps alot is the fact of there are no websites telling you of what's going on backstage, no-one knows about the politics and most of all no-one can read up the spoilers of what the main event of the next PPV is going to be and who's gonna come in, I mean if I had posted all over that I was going to have Jeff Hardy return and Test come back at Bad Blood, would you have been as interested.

The best thing about the BTB is that no-one know's whats going to happen....

What are your thoughts?

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
I totally agree with you, l have been here for a year and it has been inactive for a while, but now its becoming popular but we need to get more people to be bookers, we only have a few bookers her like, Grendrill, Wolf Beast, Main Event, Great One and orton17, and myself and a few others.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
I agree with you both 100%. The creativity that some people show is really great. It's also an opertunity to express you're inner feelings. In the past couple of months you could have really predicted who was going to win most of the Be The Booker Awards - Grendrill, At0mic,to name a couple but now, this month with the emergence of people like orton17 who posted a stunning first PPV, ADEngstrom who writes 4 DIFFERENT shows a week, the joint Red Cold/Wolf Beast Production and The Main Event/WE Champ's thread,and JarMac's very popular thread, we see that the main Best Booker award will be in my opinion the closest battle between the Bookers in a long time.....not to mention me and CM Fanatic...

So the best thing for me about BTB is that one month you could completely be out of it, then you write a good show and you are right back in it!

·
Chopped Liver
5,553 Posts
I agree with everything that has been said in the previous posts. Right now there are a heck of a lot of talented bookers out there, with Grendrill and Main Event, in my opinion leading the way.

What also makes it great is that everyone learns from each other. i.e Mr. X may write better matches, but Mr. Y writes better Promo's. They can help each other improve by reading each others work, and then both Mr. X and Y will be able to write great matches, but great promo's also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Totally agree with you Wolfie, the BTB was poor when i first arrived back in January, but since about April more and more people have joined and it has got a lot better!

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Grendrill said:
but I believe something that helps alot is the fact of there are no websites telling you of what's going on backstage
That's perhaps one of the biggest reasons. WWE's shows aren't actually as bad as made out if you dont read the spoilers. I've actually thought to myself, why do you criticise them for not suprising you when you've just read what's gonna happen on some site.

Different ideas and lots of competition makes BTB good. We should make some sort of grade system up and record them and see who gets the highest grades. That would lead to people making their shows better and it would become a lot more fun. I don't like booking for a set time, both me and Champ do our shows at our own pace.

BTB's picked up a lot over the last 6 months, I mean 6 months ago there was Me, Grendrill, Limit, Wolfbeast and A-Dust who posted regularly. I spoke to mainly Grendrill and A-Dust about ways to get it more active, there wasnt really an answer but it's finally active, hopefully it stays active too because I'm Pretty sure the BTB board was close to being deleted at a point last year.

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Main Event said:
That's perhaps one of the biggest reasons. WWE's shows aren't actually as bad as made out if you dont read the spoilers. I've actually thought to myself, why do you criticise them for not suprising you when you've just read what's gonna happen on some site.

OMFG, At least I got someone to agree with me on that....... I stand to that arguement too..... Least I'm not alone.

·
Banned
887 Posts
I agree. BTB is getting more people writing shows every week. Alot of there shows suck at first (including mine:D), but then Bookers learn from other bookers - and get better. I like having 4 different shows as well - it gets a wider fan base:D!!!!!

·
Banned
455 Posts
At0mic said:
I totally agree with you, l have been here for a year and it has been inactive for a while, but now its becoming popular but we need to get more people to be bookers, we only have a few bookers her like, Grendrill, Wolf Beast, Main Event, Great One and orton17, and myself and a few others.

I have a show but people tell me that I'm the worst booker out there. My show is now retired. link in my sig

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
I love the idea of the competition and not knowing what is going to happen. I tried along time ago to be active in this forum but it didnt work out. Now I think I might be able to be a regular for a while.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
Ya the best thing about BTB is getting shocked I was jumping in joy when I saw Jeff come back for Grendrill(Sue me man I love the guy)AdEngstorm is right bookers learn from others Grendrill has been my main tutor through out and I am going to start writing another show after I am through with ths booking game which feautures some talented writers in Red Cold,Cena,Me and AdEng.I didnt know BTB was close to dying out last year but I know this time this forum is stronger than ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts