Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What made you become a wrestling fan? Post your stories, For me I was very young, it was when Undertaker debuted in WWF and I become a fan ever since watching him start in WWF/E

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was around 13-or-so flipping the channel when I stumbled upon Bob Backlund, who was defending the belt against George "The Animal" Steele

Steele was trying to cheat with a foreign object. I wanted Backlund to kick his ass and couldn't change the channel. Hadn't ever watched wrestling before then, and the match started me on the downward spiral of fandom

Yeah, I'm old enough to have seen Backlund wrestle as the champ - twas back when rasslin' was good....

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
The Undertaker originally got me into wrestling. Apparently my father thought I would like it. I hated it until Taker came out.

·
Registered
884 Posts
my father. being from the south (north carolina, nwa country), everyone watched it. I still enojy the product, but it seems to be a habit now. i couldn't tell you what else comes on mondays.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
My Dad, when I was four or five I went downstairs and my dad told me that he saw a show that I'd like (Smackdown) and ever since I've been a massive fan

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
watched a raw just before unfogiven 1999 with my friend who loved wwf - so ever since then i have been hooked

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
Hulkamania brother!

·
Registered
603 Posts
The Hulkster.

·
Registered
884 Posts
My Dad, when I was four or five I went downstairs and my dad told me that he saw a show that I'd like (Smackdown) and ever since I've been a massive fan
damn i feel old, well i'm only 25. My dad put me on when superstars was on usa on sunday mornings, before there was raw.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Sting.

·
Registered
919 Posts
HBK, Mankind, Undertaker.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Used to catch Livewire/Superstars after school in around 98, my favourite was Goldust! On my birthday, I was allowed to stay up late (well, until 11, I was only 11!) to watch a rerun on St Valentines Day Massacre 99, and then I watched solidly for years.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
A friend got me into it. I didn't get into it because of one particular wrestler, I just thought the premise of wrestling was really entertaining when I watched a show once and got hooked. Wrestling is ridiculous but so damn entertaining that I can't keep away for too long.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts

My first memory in life, not just wrestling, was of The Undertaker making his debut. I've been a fan ever since, and he's been my favourite ever since.

·
Registered
802 Posts
WCW when i first started watching wrestling i never knew much about it and started watching WCW and Hogan made a return and was awesome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts