Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not saying I want any of these guys to return, but I was thinking the number of past superstars and legends that could return and make an impact is getting smaller.

HHH, The Rock, The Undertaker, HBK, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar have all returned recently.

I think the most impactful debuts or returns would be.
. Jeff Hardy
. Stone Cold Steve Austin
. Sting
. Bobby Lashley
. Batista
. JBL
. Kurt Angle
. Goldberg

Whilst I dont want any of these return and want the current roster to elevate them selves, but it is nice sometimes to have a big return.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I don't think Jeff's return will be that big. He might get a huge pop, but I don't see entire shows centering around him, people getting bumped down the card, or the title picture being placed beneath him in importance the way it was for Rock or Lesnar.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Assuming they'd need to work atleast a legends contract (similar to HBK/lesnar) than i'd go for Angle.

Stone Cold would obviously if he'd be able to but sadly he is not.

batista is recent enough of a big name to be booked strongly and still be over too.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Batista, Stone Cold.

Sting has never been in WWE, so most of the casual/newer/younger WWE watchers wouldn't really know who he was.

I hate to add Batista to the list since he is such a terrible in ring performer, but for some reason people love him.

RVD and Jeff Hardy could put on some amazing matches still. I would love to see a 4-Way TLC Match with RVD, Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins.

·
Banned
87 Posts
The best way to have Bully Ray make a big impact is have the dudley's both come over after a series of vignettes highlighting their careers together.
Have them playing their old characters and go for the whole respected faces feud angle, have the debut match be a Tag chapionship TLC matc against Truth & Kofi.

After they lose, Bully Ray starts destroying Truth & Kofi, De'von tries to stop him and gets powerbombed through a table.

Hello Bully Ray :cool2

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy.

Also I think AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe debuting together as the New Radicals would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Sting if they slowly establish him in advance via vignettes etc., Bully Ray, Batista

·
Likes wrestling....
8,029 Posts
Okay I know it is not a trendy answer but if Heyman is back....maybe his pal Mr. Kennedy should return.....

Look the only legit WWE returns would be Kennedy, Morgan, and Angle.

Everyone is crying for Goldberg but have you seen the guy lately? He's half the man he used to be.

As much as WWE fans knock the writers, it is still light years better than the TNA guys, sorry to say. Kennedy would be awesome with some guidance.

The guy has more charisma than most WWE wrestlers, and if someone could tell him to stop intentionally pausing to chew his gum in his promos, the sky's the limit. I have been watching wreslting for over 35 years and Kennedy/Anderson is a once in a lifetime talent, trust me.

Sting would be another great addition although he would not count as a return.

·
Registered
280 Posts
chris benoit

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
In which possible universe is Bobby Lashley a legit star?

I'd say any exECW name is a possibility what with Heyman back on tge scene. Most likely I'd say RVD.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Full time? Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy, two legit superstars. I'm sure everybody know where Hardy was in terms of popularity before he left.

One more match? Sting, Austin and Goldberg will draw huge in a return WM match, especially Goldberg vs Taker, Sting vs Taker and if they weren't so stupid to ruin it on the first match, Austin vs Lesnar. Rock always wanted a match with Sting, I'm sure that even today if Sting would come to WWE but it's obviously not happening.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The TNA roster is just better in general than the WWE roster currently, even though a few wrestler's are already over and well known they still put on a great show each week.

Also as people have mentioned Sting was never on WWF/WWE so the younger generation wouldn't understand who he was.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts