Wrestling Forum banner

What kind of wrestling fan are you???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We as wrestling fans are a crazy passionate bunch. I seriously think at times we take the business more seriously than the people that are actually in the business. Which is why imo wrestling fans are the best fans in any form of entertainment.

So I am real curious to see what kind of wrestling fan you guys are? you know all the terms Mark, Smark, Casual, etc. For me I would have to say I am pretty much a smark. I love reading news on what is going on backstage, I root for the heels and don't accept whatever crap Vince wants to shove down my throat.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
I don't really fit in any of those catagories really, I'm a huge fan of the product, have been for many years and am knowledgable about certain times and era's (some more so than others) ... I respect Vince and what he puts out, although of course, like most people, I feel the product could be improved in many ways, but I accept what Vince puts out and don't think it's as bad as what people make out here sometimes (I don't understand how so many of us are still wrestling fans but say the product is awful, yet still watch it), I still enjoy it and I love the WWE.

I'm not really sure how you'd describe me as a fan, but I don't really fit in any of those catagories. :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
As a kid I cheered for who I was told to, and rooted for the babyfaces regardless of how shit they were. As a teen I did the 'rebellious thing' and unthinkingly just cheered for the heels. Now a little older still I don't really care which way they're inclined, so long as they've an interesting character and ultimately are good performers. They're there to put on a show and wrestling's meant to be fun. If I was to think of my top 10 favourites currently there'd likely be as many 'good guys' as bad guys - you need these guys to bounce off each other remember and one's as important as the other.

I'm also a little more patient now. I've been watching long enough to know it can take wrestlers several years and multiple revamps to find their niche. A lot of wrestling fans today, particularly on here, seem far too expectant and demanding with regards to guys being complete performers within a year or two of full-time work. The amount of times people on here question why some random, directionless midcarder hasn't been fired yet, or why so and so is still around given he's got some weakness in his game etc is ridiculous - I don't remember fans in previous eras holding as many guys to anywhere near as much scrutiny. Suppose that just comes with the territory in the internet age.

So in short, I'd describe myself as a long-term fan that's grown to not take it too seriously and try and enjoy it for what it is. Whether that's closer to a mark or smark I don't know, nor do I really care.

·
Registered
21,665 Posts
I'm a "smark" but don't think the WWE product is that awful. It's not the best it's ever been but with all the restrictions on the current product, it's understandable.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Where's my classification. I also don't fit directly into any of these options.

I guess I'm smart to the business and a 'hardcore' fan, though that goes well beyond WWE, as I enjoy professional wrestling footage of any kind. Only on rare occasions do I dislike something enough to post negatively. I cheer who 'I' like. I understand the limitations of the reality of putting together a wrestling program of any kind and subsequently appreciate it all. It's literally my favorite form of entertainment...period.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm just a wrestling fan, I do read backstage reports and I am knowledgeable about the business, but I don't moan and complain about everything, I just try to enjoy the product as much as I can.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I...neither of these really describe me. I generally do enjoy it, but my favorite happens to be a heel. I watch it as I would any other TV show and appreciate the drama and action that comes with WWE. Especially within this last year I have really come to be a hardcore fan of it and I don't find this Era to be shitty whatsoever, just different from the previous ones.

So...kinda like a casual fan but more passionate over it? I also like looking at attractive men, which helps.

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
I would have to say smark even though I Hate that word. I Think hardcore fan is more appropriate. I probably watch 50 wrestling organisations and follow about 8 of them constantly. I cant go a day without watching some sort of wrestling and probably average 15 hours a week of watching wrestling or talking wrestling. When I finnish university in 2 years I plan on moving to the uk or usa if I receive a greencard and get into a wrestlingschool and live out my Dream. Smark cant cover my love for wrestling. Next to my family there is nothing I love more.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Where is the choice Die Hard Fan? (i watch pro wrestling all the time no matter what product is that they give me cause I am a fan for life)

·
Registered
560 Posts
As others have said, none of the options really describe me as a fan. No matter how shit the product is, i always end up caving in and watching. I read alot about wrestling, i don't think there's been a day in years where i haven't watched/read about wrestling. I watch WWE the most but WWE is not the only wrestling i watch. I watch TNA, ROH, ICW, NJPW. I try and keep up to date with the smaller indy promotions, but it is getting increasingly harder considering my schedule, it is a surprise i keep as up to date as i do. I go to UNI, work a full time job, train to be a wrestler and hit the gym an hour or 2 a day. It is safe to say that wrestling is well and truly my life. I honestly can't describe enough how much i love wrestling, i get called all sorts of shit because of my dedication to wrestling and how much i love it. I can't explain it, it is something i have loved since i was about 5 years of age. I always have and always will love this crazy business and i hope to pursue it as a living.

I hope that kind of explains how much i love wrestling, i guess if i had to sum it up into a category i think it would probably be extreme die hard fan. Besides my family and girlfriend, i can't think of anything i love more!

EDIT: I just read that back and man, that is some deep shit! :lol

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
I am a smark, but your description of smark is flawed. If I "don't accept the crap Vince puts out", then I essentially am not watching the show. It just means that I am rather cynical towards much of the programming each week, and have an opinion on what the company is doing wrong, etc. It means I think about the product beyond Kayfabe, not that I don't accept anything "Vince puts out".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts