Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say Vince signed Goldberg in '97 instead of WCW. What role would he have had when put up with guys like Austin, Rock, HHH, Foley, Taker etc.? Do you think he would've had a similar gimmick

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Best case scenario would be him brought in as Vince's answer to the Stone Cold Steve Austin problem.

The corporate champion yet he is like a advanced version of Austin. McMahon would say that he's just like Austin except faster and stronger.

Austin's kryptonite, I guess.

Worst case is jobbing to Savio Vega.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
He wouldnt have been a major player.

HHH thought he was a scrub [see TE], so HBK likely did too and they had Vince's ear at the time.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
He wouldn't have even had a chance to shine. Vince wouldn't have used a guy that looks similar to Austin in any serious capacity, so if he used him at all his look would have to be dramatically different.

And there would be no streak, or monster run for him or at least I doubt it. That whole thing kinda happened by accident in WCW. I remember hearing an interview with Bischoff I believe that they didnt even plan the whole undefeated thing. They just booked him a certain way at first and then realized he hadn't lost yet after the fans had already gotten behind him.

Accidents like that don't happen on Vince's watch. Guys like Rock and SCSA that got themselves over did it with mic skills primarily and Goldberg certainly didnt have the stick work to do that. Basically, Goldberg In WWF in 1997 would be sans the undefeated streak and his entire look in general - and I don't see it likely for him to get over in that case.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
He would've had the same role Steve McMichael had in WCW - Ex-Football player turned wrestler, working mid-card programmes with guys like The Sultan, Crush etc.

They probably would've teamed him up with Ahmed Johnson at one point to feud with The Nation Of Domination for a little while because big bald meatheads teaming together give Vince a raging boner. Ahmed was a former football player himself, so there's that too.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
here is my scenario: what if Goldberg got a wrestling/entertainment business agent with some real balls in 1998, and a lawyer...who told Kevin Nash and the TNT executives to go EFF themselves and never let Starrcade 1998 happen. Would that have changed the course of the monday night wars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.